Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

If he wants to leave then let him go, he obviously isn't prepared to fight for his position. If he doesn't want to go out on loan to show what he can do and improve. Which is what he needs to do, he needs to improve and expand his game. Sounds like he's had enough IMO. 

Edited by 80's fox
Typo

Keep. With injuries he's the only player with pace to break down the attacking sides of the top teams. 

People on here keep signalling out KDH aswell as the answer for a squad place but also to add to the EL squad. For me he needs loaning out, he definitely isn't ready for the prem yet.

• Like 1

He's a great player to bring on when you're trying to protect a result and has a unique set of skills to our other No8's.

However despite his attributes he doesn't appear to be a CDM and isn't offensively good enough compared to our other No8's.

I'd prefer to keep him as he's ideal to come on and protect a result so I wouldn't loan him but would not be averse to selling him for the right fee. 

Start of last season, 2019-20, Choudhury was my "one to watch", I really thought it would be his breakthrough season, especially as he'd shown positive signs towards the back end of the 18-19 season. 

Last season though, he didn't quite step up to the opportunities given, for a lot of the time, he reminded me of the Robbie Savage "Headless Chicken" years, that's not a good look. 

He was a player we really needed to call on to bring out some inspiration and drag ourselves out of the infamous 2020 lock-down slump, but he couldn't. 

Being chosen as an un-used sub for both games this season must mean he's doing ok in training?, if not, why would the potential replacements from within the club not be ahead of him?

If he's selected, I just hope he plays a blinder tonight and proves he can still reach a high potential.

I'd prefer him to stay and make good here. 

Just now, majaco said:

Keep Choudhury

Not that simple unless you want to go all Puel on his ass and say he has a contract and should abide by it.

He wants to play 1st team football,  we are not really going to give him much and if he doesn't have a clear pathway to the 1st team, why wouldn't he want to leave.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Not that simple unless you want to go all Puel on his ass and say he has a contract and should abide by it.

He wants to play 1st team football,  we are not really going to give him much and if he doesn't have a clear pathway to the 1st team, why wouldn't he want to leave.

I agree. If he is 3rd or even 4th choice holding midfielder, he may as well find a club, maybe one of the newly promoted clubs, and aim to play regular football there. Personally, I'm not convinced he has the right skill set to play Brendan's style of football. Whilst he ought to have the ability to press, he often presses at the wrong time and gets caught out of position, IMO.

• Like 1

If you're not starting, given our current predicament with a midfielder at CB and space to win a place at DM... then you're not going to be starting full stop.

Time for a loan so he can impress somewhere else

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Interesting regarding Hamza

I can’t believe people still believe this 🔔🔚, he’s so far from in the know he makes stringer look decent, he’s been clutching at straws ever since he “left the BBC”............ and he blocked me on Twitter the 🤡

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

Start of last season, 2019-20, Choudhury was my "one to watch", I really thought it would be his breakthrough season, especially as he'd shown positive signs towards the back end of the 18-19 season. 

Last season though, he didn't quite step up to the opportunities given, for a lot of the time, he reminded me of the Robbie Savage "Headless Chicken" years, that's not a good look. 

He was a player we really needed to call on to bring out some inspiration and drag ourselves out of the infamous 2020 lock-down slump, but he couldn't. 

Being chosen as an un-used sub for both games this season must mean he's doing ok in training?, if not, why would the potential replacements from within the club not be ahead of him?

If he's selected, I just hope he plays a blinder tonight and proves he can still reach a high potential.

One thing I would say - he was given very few opportunities last season and often came on in a role and/or circumstances that didn't suit his style. I couldn't help the feeling, too, that Rodgers didn't rate him.  It must have been disappointing for the lad because, as you say, he looked poised for a break through last season, though the sending off incidents didn't help either.

I have to confess I have a soft spot for him as he seems a lad with good character and is a fellow Loughborarian; I would like him to succeed for us.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, deep blue said:

One thing I would say - he was given very few opportunities last season and often came on in a role and/or circumstances that didn't suit his style. I couldn't help the feeling, too, that Rodgers didn't rate him.  It must have been disappointing for the lad because, as you say, he looked poised for a break through last season, though the sending off incidents didn't help either.

I have to confess I have a soft spot for him as he seems a lad with good character and is a fellow Loughborarian; I would like him to succeed for us.

Rodgers does rate him, he became a starter at the end of 18/19 and was a starter at the start of 19/20 as well. Then it became clear that there wasnt enough creativity coming from that awful maddison-vardy-perez front 3 so he had to drop choudhury to move maddison back so we could get some more creativity from the midfield. If maddison and perez were any good as wingers choudhury would still be a starter for us.

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

...he really has no role in this team!!!

He has not the experience or had the time to become that player. We moved our skillset forward and he has been left behind because we upgraded and he has no scope to learn on the job. 

54 minutes ago, Lee Monty said:

I can’t believe people still believe this 🔔🔚, he’s so far from in the know he makes stringer look decent, he’s been clutching at straws ever since he “left the BBC”............ and he blocked me on Twitter the 🤡

Agree think he is a right bell. Arrogant bell.