Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

3 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Sell. He lets us down too often imo.

We should replace him with a more forward thinking attacker to compete Maddison.

Wilf and Mendy have the holding role covered and at worst Praet can drop in during a crisis.

Just out of curiosity, when has he "let us down?" Off the top of my head I can only think of the last game of last season and you could argue even that wasn't his fault and was played into trouble by more experienced heads.

I'm genuinely asking by the way, there might well have been more times I can't recall.

• Like 2

I love how comitted Hamza is. His hunger in the tackle is a sight to behold and in many ways is as good as your fancy flicks and tricks.

It's his passing and ball control that let him down in my opinion. When Rodgers came in, we saw a marked improvement in Ndidi's touch and distribution in a short period of time. With Hamza, I don't see much improvement in that area.

It would be sad to see him go as I think he has a place if played alongside Mendy or Ndidi as a pair of holding midfielders. But I can't see that being anything other than a plan B or C, so I can't see him being a first XI player for us, unfortunately, however much I'd like him to be.

I think he'll be a good fit in another Premier League side though. Maybe Fulham could do with some bite in their midfield. He'd do well under Sean Dyche at Burnley too, for example. Or even at Palace under Roy.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Just out of curiosity, when has he "let us down?" Off the top of my head I can only think of the last game of last season and you could argue even that wasn't his fault and was played into trouble by more experienced heads.

I'm genuinely asking by the way, there might well have been more times I can't recall.

He got sent off one game but I can’t remember a match where I thought he let the team down. The lad needs games he’ll be a decent player in the coming years I’d probably say because it’s only a matter of time before Wilf gets taken off us.

• Like 2

Rogers said early on that Hamza needed to show more in his game going forward and he hasn’t done that at all.

People had a go at Chilwell for sidewards or backwards passing but Hamza is by far the worst for it.  He never looks at all comfortable in possession and whilst he’s really good in a tackle, Ndidi shows that you don’t have to fly in and crunch someone to win the ball back.

It’s sad when an academy player looks like breaking through only to fade away but that’s the case here.

Seems that KDH and Tavares have impressed more in pre-season and could take Hamza’s place in the squad should he go.

• Like 2

I’m personally a big fan of his, but I’m in the minority that prefer him in the ndidi role. 

If hes behind mendy for that spot as well then it probably is best for him that he moves on but this one will come back to bite us. 

When we played sheff u last season he was outstanding in this role. Unfortunately a couple of bad performances when ndidi was out injured and it looks like Brendan gave up on him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Loan to a premier league team, with an option to recall if we get desperate in terms of depth. Could see him being a good fit at West Brom 🤷‍♂️

Can't see a PL side going for him. Don't really think he's good enough. Championship yeah.

43 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

All I will say is that KDH has a higher ceiling than Hamza. 

Impossible to make that judgement yet. One has played for Blackpool, the other has premier league experience. Plus they are a different sort of player from each other so it's irrelevant. I'm very excited by both and hope both can go on to produce for us. I would like Hamza to be groomed to replace mdidi in 2-3 years time personally.

• Like 2

Actually think a loan to a Championship team going for promotion would be far more beneficial, especially if it means more game time. He's pretty good at closing space, but we're a team that has the ball in larger spells, which is where he's lacking quite a bit. He's not got the same ability or skill set as Wilf, so will need to forge a different type of improvement if he's to stay with us in the future. 

I like Hamza, but he seems to be missing that aggressiveness he had a season or two ago. I understand he got that red and the game today doesn't allow much of that type of play, but I recall a tackle he made on Mane where he chased him down and won the ball.

The Hamza now is good, but good aint going to get it done at this level. He's not really offering anything that you couldn't get from just about any midfielder.

I also like the Championship loan idea.

Personally think he is a player that needs to step back and kick on. A move to somewhere like Norwich, play week in week out in the Championship, learn his trade and then step up again to the top level.

A permanent move with a buy back clause would be perfect for us.

• Like 1