Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Club Finances - new charge registered against club (Macquaire Bank Limited)

swiss ramble mentions 16m for shirt and stadium in 2019

that's higher than before and perhaps reflects how this will chop and change as the club requires a bit of investment to cover expenses. it could be part of a wider increase over a period. after all, its tough to justify a jump from 7m all in to 30m whereas a two step increase is better 

Edited by st albans fox

On 12/09/2020 at 16:21, Abrasive fox said:

Time will tell but it feels like we've been affected a lot worse than other clubs - Time will tell i guess.

I imagine King Power International has taken a massive hit during the pandemic, for sure. For the club itself though, I think it's a more complicated picture. 

The amount we are losing due to the lack of crowds will be much less than clubs with bigger stadiums (and higher ticket prices). Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, etc will all be losing millions more than us during the shutdown.

I think I'm right in saying that, as a proportion of our revenue, a higher % of our total income comes from TV broadcasting (which, minus the famous rebate, has continued to provide a steady income stream).

The one complicated area is sponsorship - and here I'm not sure what the situation is. But I don't see a good reason we'd have been hit more than other clubs?

Also - I'm assuming 5th place and EL qualification, whilst a disappointment in the end, would be above the club's baseline expectations for last season in terms of budgeting, etc. So at least there's that! 

6 hours ago, Desabafar said:

turnover will be probably 10-15m higher for 2019 2020 than in 2018 2019 season but how much have costs risen is the question and like for like turnover will be down this year as we probably wont be 5th and less match day revenue

Think we earnt £30m more in finishing 5th last season than we did 9th in 18/19

22 hours ago, Babylon said:

They don’t need to do anything. They could pay nothing, they own the club.

If it’s needed then they know the avenue is there.

Just because they own the club doesn't mean it is right for them to underpay for the sponsorship that the club could generate. 

They have more than once stated that they are the custodians of the club and will always seek what is best for it. Underpaying on a key aspect of the clubs income doesn't match that philosophy and to be honest it doesn't help us in our drive to reach a higher level.

At least they know the fans are there as an avenue should they need them....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Just because they own the club doesn't mean it is right for them to underpay for the sponsorship that the club could generate. 

They have more than once stated that they are the custodians of the club and will always seek what is best for it. Underpaying on a key aspect of the clubs income doesn't match that philosophy and to be honest it doesn't help us in our drive to reach a higher level.

At least they know the fans are there as an avenue should they need them....

One might assume that the funds for any potential sponsorship and stadium deal is instead an agreement, perhaps shady, between Top and family and the Thai government for global reach for Thailand tourism. 

Regardless of how much they have put in on infrastructure etc I beleive that if they want to run a lean business as they are doing, and want LCFC to progress, then they should be giving that sponsorship over. It could mean 5 x decent players salaries for this club that we desperately need. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/every-word-brendan-rodgers-said-4514206?fbclid=IwAR3YTDL-nihaa2HUVRzQVsJG5GSHSMWh1GOp6H4jouaJ1TuhvPp3H9k-cXM

Q: You said on Friday you were awaiting clarity on the club’s transfer position. What kind of clarity are you awaiting?

BR: “I mentioned about getting clarity on where we would be once the window is shut. We’ll then know exactly where we’re at in terms of players.

“We would like to improve. I said earlier on, it was a fantastic season for us last season, but in order for us to improve, we have ambition, time will develop the players we have here, but we also want to improve in the quality.

“That means not getting a big number of players in but certainly getting a number that will help us develop.

“The club have been absolutely brilliant since the day I came in, and they have always shown that where they can, and where they can afford, and there is a player available, they will do everything to get that player in.

“What everyone can see is that for this team to improve, that will be important.”

Q: Do you envisage any incoming business before Burnley?

BR: “I’m not sure. There’s a load of work going behind the scenes by the staff and the recruitment team, a lot of great work.

“We will just see what happens over these next few days. We’ve had contact with other managers and whatnot, and we’ll see how the week goes.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Think we earnt £30m more in finishing 5th last season than we did 9th in 18/19

The Times says, according to the PL handbook, we are expected to have got 147.7m last season after rebate, which is 20m more. I guess you have to take out 20% of gate receipts and maybe some other parts of our revenue would have been down too, less merch sold, less hospitality etc. Unless we had revenue uplift somewhere else, revenue won't be up much from the year before, probably not enough to cover the increase in costs anyway.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Wouldn't you assume it's for January transfers?

Why bother borrowing and paying back the interest on an expansion that isn't going to happen in the immediate future.

Depending how long the expansion might take, might be worth doing it while no fans are allowed in so there's less disruption? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Thought we had it a couple of years ago dependent on the plans which were due to be altered or changed?

If planning permission had been given then we'd have the right to see the plans in there entirety.

As people have only ever posted ideas of what may be planned then I assume no permission has been given.

• Thanks 1