Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Reminds me of Cambiasso, just oozes class. Everything looks so effortless, whenever he gets the ball he is in space and has time, he's so far ahead of the game.

Looks like a future captain to me, the way he embraces every player pre match in the tunnel (is it a ritual/superstiton?)

Really hope he keeps this form up. If we get CL he'll stay, if we don't i worry.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I honestly think the Premier League win was founded on Kante. He was the engine room that enabled Mahrez to play in the way he could. He also made Danny Drinkwater into a better player than he was

Vardy for me is Leicester’s best ever player. But I hold Kante in a higher regard than I do Mahrez in respect of our title win 

It's a close one between Kante and Mahrez in regard to " the best player " but I 100% agree that Kante was essential to us winning the league and without him I can't see how we would have done it. Thst said Mahrez scored 17 goals and assisted another 11, winning a number of matches on his own so its implausible to think he or Vardy could have been omitted and we still do the unthinkable. 

 

The fact Kante left so quickly and although Mahrez was a mardy little scooter over the next 2 seasons, he was exceptional in that period of when Shakespeare left and Puel came in and we on the whole did well from October through to the new year. Some of the goals and performances from him were jaw dropping. That Huddersfield game on New Years Day where it was 0-0 first half and was destined to be a frustrating game and as soon as he stepped out 2nd half he was unbelievable. Ghosted in and scored a sublime volley to break the deadlock and then took them apart.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I still tune in to Man City games for one reason only see Mahrez doing what he does.Captain of his country as well.

Vardy story will may never be re done and the record goals in running games very unlikely to be beaten.You know what JV is like he will be 60 and still up to something

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luttfox said:

Reminds me of Cambiasso, just oozes class. Everything looks so effortless, whenever he gets the ball he is in space and has time, he's so far ahead of the game.

Looks like a future captain to me, the way he embraces every player pre match in the tunnel (is it a ritual/superstiton?)

Really hope he keeps this form up. If we get CL he'll stay, if we don't i worry.

Imagine watching Esteban in his prime! Fook sake! Not surprising he got all those caps for Argentina for decades is it. Cambiasso about 26/27 yrs old

😳

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Koke said:

If Mahrez played in this team instead of Perez, we would be actual legitimate title challengers. Imagine getting 15 league goals from Mahrez, 20+ from Vardy and 8-10 from Barnes. Plus the 5 or so we get from Tielemans & Maddison each. The football would be scintillating and the results would match it.

Nah sod him. He wanted out and I’ll never forgive him really how he fashioned his departure. One of City’s best ever players though no doubt 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Koke said:

If Mahrez played in this team instead of Perez, we would be actual legitimate title challengers. Imagine getting 15 league goals from Mahrez, 20+ from Vardy and 8-10 from Barnes. Plus the 5 or so we get from Tielemans & Maddison each. The football would be scintillating and the results would match it.

Mahrez would play exceptionally well with Perez as the central linking attacker

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Imagine watching Esteban in his prime! Fook sake! Not surprising he got all those caps for Argentina for decades is it. Cambiasso about 26/27 yrs old

😳

I've always wondered what he must have been like in his prime (watching live inside the stadium). One of the best player's that I've ever seen live which is remarkable given his age whilst with us. His intelligence on the ball was insane, with vision ten steps ahead of everyone else. 

 

Youri shows glimpses of that for sure but for me needs to be a bit more consistent. If he can nail that side of his game he'll surely find himself attracting attention from the likes of Madrid, etc. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Koke said:

If Mahrez played in this team instead of Perez, we would be actual legitimate title challengers. Imagine getting 15 league goals from Mahrez, 20+ from Vardy and 8-10 from Barnes. Plus the 5 or so we get from Tielemans & Maddison each. The football would be scintillating and the results would match it.

Yep totally agree with that. Imagine Riccy P or Castagne on the same flank as peak Marhez with Tielemans and Maddison feeding him! That is as good as, if not better, than many teams in Europe.

 

Anyway he's not coming back, but it would be amazing if we could find a similar player like him on that side. Or perhaps we do already have the answer in Harvey Barnes? He's already on 9 goals for the season. Imagine if he hits 20 across all competitions for the season, which is not even that ludicrous based on how he's playing. He doesn't have the same X-factor as Mahrez but that doesn't mean he is any less effective. A similar comparison would be Bruno Fernandes compared to KDB. KDB is the much better player from a technical standpoint, but the number of goal contributions Bruno makes is no joke. You can be effective without having to look like a rolls-royce, it just isn't as aesthetically pleasing. 

 

One of the reasons why Youri so great to watch is that he's not just good, but he looks so classy whilst doing it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are people still bothered about mahrez and the way he left? Obviously could’ve gone about things better but there’s an awful lot of ‘playing up for a move’ that goes on in football believe me. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Are people still bothered about mahrez and the way he left? Obviously could’ve gone about things better but there’s an awful lot of ‘playing up for a move’ that goes on in football believe me. 

Yeah true I guess. I just see it from the perspective of ‘a fan’

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Col city fan said:

Yeah true I guess. I just see it from the perspective of ‘a fan’

i think thats quite natural, but do we need to view it more from a players point of view, or almost as an employee point of view. do you have any level of guilt if you want a new job to better you role or salary or future prospects? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i also find this thread a bit bonkers! the level of talent that is being mentioned through former or current players. the talent that the club has had in the last 8 years is insane, and long may it continue.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Koke said:

If Mahrez played in this team instead of Perez, we would be actual legitimate title challengers. Imagine getting 15 league goals from Mahrez, 20+ from Vardy and 8-10 from Barnes. Plus the 5 or so we get from Tielemans & Maddison each. The football would be scintillating and the results would match it.

Teams would be very much on the back foot when defending against us.

 

They'd have no option but to try and contain us if Mahrez was in this team. Sit deep to counter Vardy, Mahrez and Maddison have too much space. Too many on Mahrez, more space for Maddison and Vardy, too many on Maddison, more space for Mahrez. Try to contain all 3 with a high line press, more space in behind for Teilemans to pop one over the top. We are literally missing a Mahrez type player to counter the way teams set up against us, especially at home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JJS84 said:

i think thats quite natural, but do we need to view it more from a players point of view, or almost as an employee point of view. do you have any level of guilt if you want a new job to better you role or salary or future prospects? 

...well you evaluate your worth, then hand in your resignation perhaps whether you are in or out of a new job agreement!!!

  What you do not do is, agitate and disrupt your fellow work colleagues, constantly bleating that the manager does not say hello to you no more or that you have wasted your life so far and the job is the reason for this.

  We know that within football, business does not operate in the same way, but it was very poor of him the lengths he went to in order to leave the club, it still leaves a bad taste.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, murphy said:

I think what a lot of people are forgetting is that the it took the sale of Mahrez to allow us to buy Maddison & Ricardo.  Maguire allowed us to buy Youri etc etc.

 

A team of the last five years would be formidable but selling the best of the old guard allowed us to now arguably even better players across the team.  Even if Kante and Mahrez had stayed we couldn't just add them into this team because this team wouldn't exist.

Exactly this. Everything happens for a reason. A lot of us were gutted when Cambiasso left us. Had he stayed we probably wouldnt have signed Kante. Had we not signed Kante....

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, murphy said:

I think what a lot of people are forgetting is that the it took the sale of Mahrez to allow us to buy Maddison & Ricardo.  Maguire allowed us to buy Youri etc etc.

 

A team of the last five years would be formidable but selling the best of the old guard allowed us to now arguably even better players across the team.  Even if Kante and Mahrez had stayed we couldn't just add them into this team because this team wouldn't exist.

Absolutely, although we wasted so much money elsewhere that we could have achieved this team as well but have to concede we can't get it right with every transfer. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Absolutely, although we wasted so much money elsewhere that we could have achieved this team as well but have to concede we can't get it right with every transfer. 

To be fair we wasted the champions league money largely.

 

Even after that season too.

 

Those 2 seasons we signed:

Musa

Mendy 

Hernandez 

Zieler

Kapustka 

Slimani

Iborra 

Silva

Maguire

Jakupovic 

Iheanacho 

 

Since then when we've sold players we've barely signed a dud which is a pretty astonishing turn in form.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

To be fair we wasted the champions league money largely.

 

Even after that season too.

 

Those 2 seasons we signed:

Musa

Mendy 

Hernandez 

Zieler

Kapustka 

Slimani

Iborra 

Silva

Maguire

Jakupovic 

Iheanacho 

 

Since then when we've sold players we've barely signed a dud which is a pretty astonishing turn in form.

 

Yeah Macia and Congerton between their tenures has been pretty remarkable bar Ghezzal and Silva, although the latter we tried to get under Walsh/Ranieri anyway. Iheanacho we will lose huge money on if we aren't careful and Danny Ward was a ridiculous use of money but we have been unreal once again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Youri came 5th in the ‘Best Belgian Abroad’ award

 

Behind Lukaku who won, then De Bruyne, Courtois and Mertens

 

Castagne 10th, Praet 19th

 

https://www.hln.be/dossier-67ste-gouden-schoen/lukaku-is-beste-belg-in-het-buitenland-en-wordt-verrast-door-intercoach-conte-die-trofee-laat-vallen~aa22c069/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FPov1Vvq8mT%3Famp%3D1

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1972549/tielemans-a-joy-to-play-in-this-team

 

Tielemans: A Joy To Play In This Team
FIRST TEAM
Published 38 mins ago

Belgium midfielder Youri Tielemans believes the bond between Leicester City’s stars has allowed them to thrive during the 2020/21 season.

- Youri Tielemans describes playing for Leicester City as ‘a joy’ after their productive run of results in 2020/21 to date
- City currently place fourth in the Premier League table after 17 matches
- Tielemans spoke of his form in front of goal prior to Leicester's next outing
 

Brendan Rodgers’ outfit head into Saturday’s Premier League match against Southampton in fourth position in the table, only a point behind Liverpool and four points behind leaders Manchester United.

According to Tielemans, their tight-knit relationship, and their understanding of each other’s strengths, have been key catalysts in their promising run of results this campaign.

“It’s really a joy to play in this team, and we have a very good understanding between the players,” Tielemans told LCFC TV. “We always try to put ourselves in the best position to play and to perform.


Brendan Rodgers' side prepare for their Premier League clash with Southampton at LCFC Training Ground.

“That’s why it’s really nice to play with the other guys. I think you can see it on the pitch that we enjoy playing together. Hopefully, we’ll stay like this, and it will help us towards the end of the season.”

On a personal level, Tielemans has scored four times for the Foxes this term, including in the victory over Newcastle United during his latest Premier League outing.

When asked about his goalscoring in Leicester colours he said: “I think it’s just natural, it’s just my position on the pitch and in the game. Whenever I get the chance to join the attack and shoot at goal, I’ll just try.

 

“Sometimes it goes in, and sometimes it doesn’t, but I just try and play my game and just have that feeling of joining the attack and trying to score goals.”

With only three points separating City and Southampton prior to the game, Tielemans says this month may see the Premier League standings develop as both sides continue their busy run of 2020/21 games.

He added: “I think the whole league is very tight at the moment, so this period is going to be a very important period, but it’s going to reflect, as well, who’s going to be there in the end. Hopefully it will be us.”

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...