After all the family has done, I’m happy Top is making a profit, and happy we’re growing in a way that’s sustainable. I hate to say this but, after all the money that’s been rinsed from United it’s a credit to Solskjaer that he’s got them in the Champions League. And it’s no wonder Everton hate us, looking at that.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2

The narrative is really headed where the club want it to

we aren’t big spenders and we are currently short of money ........

we will hopefully reap the rewards of this before deadline day and get some good deals across the line ....... the hope that we can get a win on Sunday followed by a ‘free hit’ at Man City.  Then West Ham at home is also winnable without any further additions.  It’s more than feasible that our business will be done very late on and possibly two or three in pretty much together .....

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

If its pennies, the Silva deal I think got delayed for less then that.

My point was I doubt the Owners took any money from the Club. But possibly entertained guests at Games etc and the club just carried the expense.

We know now that Silva was a poor signing as I predicted at the time. So the Club were right not to pay anymore.

48 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

My point was I doubt the Owners took any money from the Club. But possibly entertained guests at Games etc and the club just carried the expense.

We know now that Silva was a poor signing as I predicted at the time. So the Club were right not to pay anymore.

Entirely possible yeah, accountants can be quite creative.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

It’s in the books, they did. About the same amount they were paying in for sponsorship etc.

• Like 1

For teams e.g Chelsea and Man City, isn't one of the default #bantz put down / insults directed to their fans something like "you're only where you are because you have rich owners" 

Are these not the same fans that admire a team like Bayern Munich because of their economic model? (I have no idea what the BM economic model is, I'm following a stereotype and what someone wrote once)

I'm sure so many, are proud to be where we are today, because of totally what we've seen since the take-over in 2010.

When it comes to actual football, we have a representative in the manager to answer questions.

The Manager/Coach will never talk business or finances, if they ever did, it would be sensational. 

I doubt we'd ever see Jon Rudkin or Susan Whelan facing questions from Gary Lineker asking about the current state of finances on MOTD.

This is why the business side of football and having this perceived insight seems like such a waste of time and such an unhealthy bi-product of today's modern fan privilege. 

It does seem all a bit vague to me for some to have such divine opinions. 

That said, clinically, this is a great thread to hoover up some quality rubbish. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 15/09/2020 at 13:54, Freeman's Wharfer said:

So many people have needed to see this.

Honestly, the amount who lost their minds as I suggested that IF King Power had reached the point that they can no longer invest in the club then they might want to consider selling was ludicrous.

Not that I want Top out or any of that sensationalist bull crap. Simply that if the club wants to push on then it might be time for us to start getting the funding we need to compete at the level we aspire to be at.

You cannot have it all ways and have European tours and a happy Brendan Rodgers and then also be at the bottom of that list I’m afraid...

I totally disagreed with your post, on another thread, about the divisions in our fans regarding expectations, but then I read where you'd explained about the club seeking potential extra investment form other sources whilst Top etc remain at the club. This made more sense to me than your original post and sounds a more plausible solution.

I'd still like to know though, what are your ambitions / expectations and what are the clubs ambitions / expectations?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I honestly cannot fathom how anyone can look at where we’ve come from and where we currently are and suggest with a straight face they should sell to some unknown entity with a bit of cash. 

I saw one social media account with completely seriousness suggest we should go after the Saudi's interested in Newcastle. :unsure:

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It’s in the books, they did. About the same amount they were paying in for sponsorship etc.

So what am I missing here. I thought the Owners were worth close to 2 billion.

I understand they need to concentrate on the core business KP.

Even with Covid you would be awhile burning through that much cash. 

Or is it that after the tragic death of Vichi the Family aside from Top has stepped back from the Club. Which is reasonable to understand. And would explain the reduced funding available.

Just now, Clever Fox said:

So what am I missing here. I thought the Owners were worth close to 2 billion.

I understand they need to concentrate on the core business KP.

Even with Covid you would be awhile burning through that much cash. 

Or is it that after the tragic death of Vichi the Family aside from Top has stepped back from the Club. Which is reasonable to understand. And would explain the reduced funding available.

there's a big difference between being worth 2bn and actually having 2bn in liquid cash ready to deploy.

i'd imagine the vast majority of their reported wealth is down to the fact that they own 100% of a business worth £xbn.  

3 minutes ago, Tommo said:

there's a big difference between being worth 2bn and actually having 2bn in liquid cash ready to deploy.

i'd imagine the vast majority of their reported wealth is down to the fact that they own 100% of a business worth £xbn.  

Yes I understand that too. I read somewhere that Vichi was worth close to 2 Billion

personally, which would be outside the Company. But you could well be right it could be whole operation. 

Guest Markyblue
28 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes I understand that too. I read somewhere that Vichi was worth close to 2 Billion

personally, which would be outside the Company. But you could well be right it could be whole operation. 

4.9 billion dollars or 3.8 billion pounds, dont know how covid has effected them figures. 

40 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The funding hasnt been suddenly reduced, for a number of years now there has been no KP investment (outside of sponsorship and training ground loans).

Also profits from player sales have effectively subsidised the wage bill, whilst many people have assumed its cash sitting in the bank instead.

The sponsorship matter appears settled so my opinion on regarding funding is neutral again, I am ok with the club been self sufficient.

I do have concerns in the clear problems in recruitment, the issues there are possibly down to rudkin and susan how they are dealing with agents and negotiations.  But this isnt related to funding.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

The funding hasnt been suddenly reduced, for a number of years now there has been no KP investment.

Also profits from player sales have effectively subsidised the wage bill, whilst many people have assumed its cash sitting in the bank instead.

The sponsorship matter appears settled so my opinion on regarding funding is neutral again, I am ok with the club been self sufficient.

I do have concerns in the clear problems in recruitment, the issues there are possibly down to rudkin and susan how they are dealing with agents and negotiations.  But this isnt related to funding.

This.

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

This.

susan is pretty savvy. i do think that if they thought an agent was really trying it on then they may baulk at a potential signing and move onto another target. but we have a track record of being tough negotiators, both in and out (apart from our dealings with SCP  where we always get turned over)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

susan is pretty savvy. i do think that if they thought an agent was really trying it on then they may baulk at a potential signing and move onto another target. but we have a track record of being tough negotiators, both in and out (apart from our dealings with SCP  where we always get turned over)

I do agree. Having watched these play out over the years and measuring us against other clubs, to me it seems like we go into negotiating too tough i.e. low balling proposed fees and hence drawing out negotiations for too long and sometimes too late.