Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It shouldn't be to long before relocation to the new training ground takes place.

Just a thought, have we sold the old training ground yet?

 This must be worth quite a sum as building land. Not mega bucks I know but still nevertheless, brings more money into the coffers.

Should buy us all a few beers.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

It shouldn't be to long before relocation to the new training ground takes place.

Just a thought, have we sold the old training ground yet?

 This must be worth quite a sum as building land. Not mega bucks I know but still nevertheless, brings more money into the coffers.

Should buy us all a few beers.

I think the women's team are supposed to be moving in when we vacate it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Babylon said:

Who said we didn’t have failures and Rudkin took a shit load of flack, from me as well for that. You learn from your mistakes and he continually has.

 

Our scouting is the envy of most clubs currently. Our buy, sell, replace strategy is working and funding the club to be one of the biggest wage payers out there.

 

To try and pretend otherwise is bollocks. Every club including us will have failures, but if you get 3/5 right in a big way then it pays handsomely.

 

Your point also have nothing to do with the discussion.

I agree our scouting system is working well, but that is separate to the recruitment phase.  I wasn't commenting about the player policy, I was commenting about how it is executed at the recruitment phase.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Albert said:

 

Do you have the same concerns about the long term contracts we get our best players tied down to or the transfer fees we get which are possibly down to how Rudkin/Susan deal with agents & negotiations also? 

 

Are these ‘clear problems’ the ones you read about on Twitter? 


 

In terms of the contracts, most clubs will get their players on 4+ year contracts, but as we are finding out, this doesnt actually tie them to the club, it more just makes it easier to sell them for larger fees.  Although I dont understand what this is to do with player recruitment, but if you trying to imply because they negotiate hard on sales fee's it should give them a get out of jail free card on what can be improved, then I respectfully disagree.

 

No its nothing to do with twitter, what made you come up with that question.  I dont even use twitter unless someone is posting something on a forum.  The clear problems are identified coming from professionals in the game.

Edited by Chrysalis
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I agree our scouting system is working well, but that is separate to the recruitment phase.  I wasn't commenting about the player policy, I was commenting about how it is executed at the recruitment phase.  

If the scouts identify them and we buy them and they get us 5th, then the recruitment phase is working in the main. They only control one of four or more parties in the negotiation process. 

 

I gave Rudkin a load of flack as it looked like we were making amateurish errors, but it looks like things have improved.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Albert said:

 

Do you have the same concerns about the long term contracts we get our best players tied down to or the transfer fees we get which are possibly down to how Rudkin/Susan deal with agents & negotiations also? 

 

Are these ‘clear problems’ the ones you read about on Twitter? 


 

In any environment inclusive of professional sport one can only judge themselves against teams around them. I think @Chrysalis is spot on to have an opinion about this issue that I share her opinions with.

 

Long term contracts aren't exactly adding talent to the squad are they? Unless I'm missing something? My point is that I applaud the club with rewarding and keeping our key players, however I think there is some concern with too much crap on the books that is taking away our ability to add further quality together with the slow nature of our tranfer dealings inline with clubs around us.

 

Edited by UHDrive
Factual
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Unfortunately this chart gives more justification to the term 'big 6'. The revenue of Arsenal in 6th place is more than double the 7th place revenue of West Ham.

Yeah but we can get top four regularly, we just need to show AMBISHUN!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, UHDrive said:

In any environment inclusive of professional sport one can only judge themselves against teams around them. I think @Chrysalis is spot on to have an opinion about this issue that I share her opinions with.

 

Long term contracts aren't exactly adding talent to the squad are they? Unless I'm missing something? My point is that I applaud the club with rewarding and keeping our key players, however I think there is some concern with too much crap on the books that is taking away our ability to add further quality together with the slow nature of our tranfer dealings inline with clubs around us.

 

Still waiting for people to show how we are slow compared to others. 
 

Who has signed the better players over the last 6 years in the premier league outside the big 6?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I agree our scouting system is working well, but that is separate to the recruitment phase.  I wasn't commenting about the player policy, I was commenting about how it is executed at the recruitment phase.  

What is this based on exactly? What is the proof? What are the examples?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone ever considered our position in the league and very decent recruitment record and YOUR perceived lack of speed is down to the fact we are (or were) thorough in our selection process.

 

We have no idea now, as Rodgers and Congerton seem to be picking who they want.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Still waiting for people to show how we are slow compared to others. 
 

Who has signed the better players over the last 6 years in the premier league outside the big 6?

Are you still stalking me?

 

Nice profile picture by the way, a cross between a dumb 70's mafia bodyguard and John Candy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/09/2020 at 18:03, Chrysalis said:

How many other clubs were unable to field a player costing 10s of millions because they couldnt meet a deadline for a 7 week transfer window?  Since susan is untouchable, same with top and rudkin, who do you blame for that particular transfer?

 

Also have you forgotten about all our own failed transfers? we do have our own failures, like all clubs do.

 

 

People improve in their jobs and life by learning from their mistakes. We made a mistake right at the end of the deal, 14 seconds, I can't imagine it will happen again.

Those 'failed transfers' were in the main made when we couldn't get the players we wanted/needed for our CL campaign, we panicked and payed over the top for lesser players.

We seem to have learnt by that, we know who we want and are willing to play the waiting game to ensure we get them at the right price.

Someone said the other day that we should have bought the players Newcastle have, that was hopefully the poster panicking. If nobody higher then Newcastle was willing to sign them then how would they improve us?

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/09/2020 at 18:03, Chrysalis said:

How many other clubs were unable to field a player costing 10s of millions because they couldnt meet a deadline for a 7 week transfer window?  Since susan is untouchable, same with top and rudkin, who do you blame for that particular transfer?

 

Also have you forgotten about all our own failed transfers? we do have our own failures, like all clubs do.

I think Sporting changed the asking price at the last second, didn't they?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/09/2020 at 11:58, Mickyblueeyes said:

But seems like exactly what they're trying to do. Perhaps not a full share sale but an IPO or part share sale. They've invested a fair bit in this club from the initial purchase price. There is two ways to get your money back 1. You hold is debt over the club - which is not great for us; or 2. You improve your asset in all levels so that you can attract that investor which can take you to the next level. Its the smart way to bring in outside investment without breaching regulatory rules and risking the future of the club if we have a bad season or two. 

 

Everything seems to sensible and calculated. 

Yes.

 

Trust them! They're a blessed gift to this club and they are going to see us right, make us massive and pocket shedloads of cash in the process because they are THE GREATEST OWNERS a club could wish for and also I'm a bottle of wine down

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We aint half milking sponsorship through official partners. 
We have a home appliance partner, about 5 bookie partners and now an official tyre partnership.

 

Not sure what sort of revenue these deals bring in but I can’t imagine it to be substantial. 
 

 

CFB666DE-051E-4822-AC1B-B91BC6970AE1.jpeg

Edited by Ginger_Filbert
Typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...