Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Well he is probably the freshest player we have who has enough minutes under his belt to also be considered match fit, so he has to start IMO.

 

12 games to seriously impress. You just never know. Could be our wildcard that actually pays off :fc:

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, STUHILL said:

Well he is probably the freshest player we have who has enough minutes under his belt to also be considered match fit, so he has to start IMO.

 

12 games to seriously impress. You just never know. Could be our wildcard that actually pays off :fc:

He’s trying too hard when he gets his brief moments. Needs to chill out and engage the little grey cells. Otherwise he’s just a Turkish Gray. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

thats our problem, differently is Puel ball

.. Puel ball is much the same that we continue to witness on occasions!!!

  The inability to move the ball quickly and side to side passes has been  a feature of our game since Claudio's second season and it still comes back to haunt us.

  We look bereft of ideas against teams sitting deep and we struggle to find an answer some years later.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peterborofox said:

Hope he comes in and does well. 

 

Personally have my doubts tho, doesn't seem to have adapted well to our league. Definitely now or never for him

I have some doubts too ,I think we may already have blown it, and Ünder will be very mature for his age if we have n't. Either we made a bad mistake at his "interview" or we've made a bad mistake since . It has to be one or the other. When I employed someone who did n't work out (only happened once) I was never in any doubt where the blame lay. Luckily we relied on 3 interviews mine initially, then one by my boss, then one by Personnel dept. I carried the can for failure so I had the  final veto . If I had n't they'd obviously have been looking for two people. I spent a lot of time on recruitment when I needed someone. At least I was smart enough to realise I'd get that time back with interest , in  money,  time , and results.

 

Football (not necessarily LCFC)  is still pretty primitive compared with other fields of activity, its methods are imo stone age and needlessly very very expensive in money and people.

Edited by Alan Frost
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think it is often a case of trying to play like a Man City, but not quite having all 11 players capable of it 100% of the time. 

 

Rodgers is clearly trying to set a high standard for us, and when we hit that standard, we look incredible and play top teams off the park. 

 

He often bemoans the fact we don't move the ball quick enough when we play poorly, and we do often end up with Puel ball when we aren't at it. 

 

I think it's a combination of needing more investment in quality players that suit Rodger's style but also a stubbornness of Rodgers to play that one style no matter what. 

 

I think if Top sanctions a few signings in the Summer and Rodgers also finds a different, more direct way of playing if we are really struggling in a game, then we could become an even more formidable force next season.

 

 

...I do expect we will pick up and be better next season with additional players, that is logical!!!

What I struggle to understand is why players like Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes and Vardy do not take quick free kicks with the opposition out of position, it just never seems to cross their minds. Quick free kicks with a set of players we have with our fast break DNA and we do not look to take advantage in that situation.

  We can become far too rigid with a team playing deep and you can see the believe draining from the team as we have no other way in order to break them down. You take a look around and there is a zombie like malaise and no one willing to think outside the box to overcome out predictability.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

He hasn't taken his opportunity here, But we're still the best opportunity he has of getting a decent move in the Summer provided he picks himself up and show what he's made off.

 

Otherwise he'll end up signing for some mediocre team playing in a minor league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still hopeful he will do well. He looks older than he is and I think it’s easy to forget he’s still relatively young, playing in the premier league for the first time, and the majority of time that he has come in it has been during really tricky moments during the match. Hopefully over the next few matches, which on paper should be easier for him to settle into, he will start contributing more like he’s done so far in the EL and showing us what he can do

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The close friends to Cengiz, described him a very emotional person. I agree with the most of the comments here that he won't stay here and he knows that.

I believe that BR dropping him right after Arsenal and EL league game where he voted MOTM for both was utter disappointment for him. He lost faith in BR, to his fairness and  to his system where he's got one standard game plan played by same group players and limited rotation policy simply what I called one size fits all dress mentality.

We all clearly saw that in Arsenal game where we have only 28% ball possession.

Anyway done is done and I hope he will do good for the Foxes in this much needed time.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

He’s trying too hard when he gets his brief moments. Needs to chill out and engage the little grey cells. Otherwise he’s just a Turkish Gray. 

Setting aside the silly "Turkish Gray" comment, this is essentially the problem.  It's a vicious cycle - the less he plays, the more he tries too hard to deliver magic in his brief cameos.  And the more he does so, the less he plays.

 

The only way we would ever have been able to fairly and accurately judge Under is if he'd gotten a consistent run of play in league games.  That never happened and it's probably too late now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

The close friends to Cengiz, described him a very emotional person. I agree with the most of the comments here that he won't stay here and he knows that.

I believe that BR dropping him right after Arsenal and EL league game where he voted MOTM for both was utter disappointment for him. He lost faith in BR, to his fairness and  to his system where he's got one standard game plan played by same group players and limited rotation policy simply what I called one size fits all dress mentality.

We all clearly saw that in Arsenal game where we have only 28% ball possession.

Anyway done is done and I hope he will do good for the Foxes in this much needed time.

 

I think that's a good point, that Rodgers hasn't rotated players earlier in the season.  I feel that rotating gives the fringe players a bit more action to maintain their match fitness and their familiarity with the  rest of the team in matchplay context.  The alternative is that if they are only thrust into the team in an emergency situation then they won't make a smooth transition, especially if introduced during a game when the team is already misfiring.

 

And Under did make some telling contributions earlier in the season but has gone, or been allowed to go, off the boil since then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t agree with some of these comments. Brendan gave him his shot against Everton... it didn’t work out. We also experimented with him in the Europa and we all could see that the balance wasn’t quite right. 
 

If the option is Barnes or under there is only one winner. 

 

Now he will get a good run and can really set his career on the right path either with us or with another team. There’s a good player in there and I think he’s always got the potential for a goal so It really could go either way.  Something tells me that he is going to be key for us and could well be the difference between winning and loosing tomorrow 
 

 

Edited by Lambert09
Link to post
Share on other sites

So many assuming he'll get a good run now, but that's no safe bet.  Rodgers will find ways not to start him if that's what he wants to do.  Even if that means playing Ricardo out of position and having little attacking threat on either wing.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think these next few games you just simply have to keep playing him, give him a proper run and see what he can do with that run. He should be fresher than most. I've not been convinced by him at all but he's been presented a real sink or swim opportunity here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, deep blue said:

I think that's a good point, that Rodgers hasn't rotated players earlier in the season.  I feel that rotating gives the fringe players a bit more action to maintain their match fitness and their familiarity with the  rest of the team in matchplay context.  The alternative is that if they are only thrust into the team in an emergency situation then they won't make a smooth transition, especially if introduced during a game when the team is already misfiring.

 

And Under did make some telling contributions earlier in the season but has gone, or been allowed to go, off the boil since then.

I believe good coach will create a rotation amongst the players to last longer in every competition

- $80 mil. DeLigt sat on the bench for Juventus today.

- Gundogan who was scoring for Man. City left and right in past 6-7 weeks, sat on the bench in substitute on 79th. Minutes today.

Our rocket scientist Brendan Rogers played Evans, Vardy, Fofana, Madders and Barnsy twice a week and looks where it got us know

Despite he had been giving the best and deepest player rosters the Liecester ever had, BR and his lack of imagination, lack of game diversity put LCFC in awkward situation.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Setting aside the silly "Turkish Gray" comment, this is essentially the problem.  It's a vicious cycle - the less he plays, the more he tries too hard to deliver magic in his brief cameos.  And the more he does so, the less he plays.

 

The only way we would ever have been able to fairly and accurately judge Under is if he'd gotten a consistent run of play in league games.  That never happened and it's probably too late now.

Setting aside?  Silly Turkish Gray comment? This is FT son, I will defend the right to post anything and everything stoopid on this board, just as everyone else does. Otherwise it would be very quiet in here. 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Col city fan said:

I have it on good authority that Under is the 2nd highest paid player at the club?

 

Is he worth it?

He’s on more than 130k? That’s what Schmeichel is on and Vardy is on 160k. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

I believe good coach will create a rotation amongst the players to last longer in every competition

- $80 mil. DeLigt sat on the bench for Juventus today.

- Gundogan who was scoring for Man. City left and right in past 6-7 weeks, sat on the bench in substitute on 79th. Minutes today.

Our rocket scientist Brendan Rogers played Evans, Vardy, Fofana, Madders and Barnsy twice a week and looks where it got us know

Despite he had been giving the best and deepest player rosters the Liecester ever had, BR and his lack of imagination, lack of game diversity put LCFC in awkward situation.

Imagine expecting Leicester to be able to rotate like Juventus and Man City can...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

I believe good coach will create a rotation amongst the players to last longer in every competition

- $80 mil. DeLigt sat on the bench for Juventus today.

- Gundogan who was scoring for Man. City left and right in past 6-7 weeks, sat on the bench in substitute on 79th. Minutes today.

Our rocket scientist Brendan Rogers played Evans, Vardy, Fofana, Madders and Barnsy twice a week and looks where it got us know

Despite he had been giving the best and deepest player rosters the Liecester ever had, BR and his lack of imagination, lack of game diversity put LCFC in awkward situation.

3rd? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

I believe good coach will create a rotation amongst the players to last longer in every competition

- $80 mil. DeLigt sat on the bench for Juventus today.

- Gundogan who was scoring for Man. City left and right in past 6-7 weeks, sat on the bench in substitute on 79th. Minutes today.

Our rocket scientist Brendan Rogers played Evans, Vardy, Fofana, Madders and Barnsy twice a week and looks where it got us know

Despite he had been giving the best and deepest player rosters the Liecester ever had, BR and his lack of imagination, lack of game diversity put LCFC in awkward situation.

You are a maniac

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...