Safe to say that Under is done. When we switched to 4 1 4 1 he could've put Under on for Amartey and left Ricardo at right back. Instead he moved Ricardo to right wing and Amartey to right back. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, turlo said:
Safe to say that Under is done. When we switched to 4 1 4 1 he could've put Under on for Amartey and left Ricardo at right back. Instead he moved Ricardo to right wing and Amartey to right back. 

It is clear he favours Ricardo in the attacking position now... that isn’t good when the full back is called into your position 

• Like 1

Under is done at the club.

Shame, he never really got much of a chance, but clear Brendan doesn't rate him.

Still, it baffles me that he's willing to give Choudhury more chances than Under....

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is clear he favours Ricardo in the attacking position now... that isn’t good when the full back is called into your position 

Think it was more amarteys height? Burnley set pieces etc

• Like 1
Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

Think it was more amarteys height? Burnley set pieces etc

I have seen Ricardo be played there in front of under a couple of times recently... we will see if under gets game time but I don’t think he will  get much, especially if he can’t start with the injuries we are carrying. 

12 minutes ago, turlo said:

...probably had agreed to play Tavares and did not have the space to introduce Ünder!!!

49 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Shame, he never really got much of a chance, but clear Brendan doesn't rate him.

Still, it baffles me that he's willing to give Choudhury more chances than Under....

Under has had every chance, you put a 15yo Messi into the U16's and he probably impresses enough to be in the first team within a month. 

It's not just in matches that BR has judged him but every day in training. I was quite excited to get Under on loan as he was touted as one of the best prospects in Europe three years a go and was signed by Monchi who is rated as the best talent spotter in the world by many. Even the Turkish lads were saying he's their best attacking player and Turkey is a good footballing nation. I'm quite surprised how poor he has been judging him on his CV.

Edited by Gerard
  • Sad 1

I agree he's done here.

So sad such a talent receives praises from Italian legends such as Vieri and Totti but not prefered by BR.

Choudhury for Under today? 

Anyway, we have Kasper to thank today not to BR's master game plan.

https://www.dailysabah.com/sports/football/former-italian-footballers-praise-turkeys-cengiz-under

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Charl91 said:

Not baffling at all.  Rodgers hates unpredictable players and will always default to a plodder when given the choice.

• Haha 2
55 minutes ago, Greyowl said:

There is clearly a communication problem between him and Brendan. Otherwise Under is the best dribbler in the team together with Barnes. His accelaration and shot power is quite obvious. He is dangerous for sure.He should maybe advance his English if had not done so far. A permanent contract is not likely, though  if he is sincerely happy in England and signed by another team, that might cause some regrets.

He's shit at dribbling, loses it pretty much everytime. His acceleration isn't very evident when it come to closing players down. And shot power? I'd prefer accuracy too. Ndidi can hit it with power, but 99 times out of 100 he misses. Its not communication, he's just shit.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Not baffling at all.  Rodgers hates unpredictable players and will always default to a plodder when given the choice.

Complete rubbish, pretty sure he loved Suárez, who as unpredictable as they come.

Stop trying to peddle a silly narrative.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Mehrez said:

I think this has been part of the problem here, he puts far too much behind almost every ball he plays

You maybe right, but i sense communication problems with the coach.

2 minutes ago, Greyowl said:

You maybe right, but i sense communication problems with the coach.

Stop making excuses for him. His best mate and fellow Turk is here to translate for him hes really struggling.

Edited by Facecloth
1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

He's shit at dribbling, loses it pretty much everytime. His acceleration isn't very evident when it come to closing players down. And shot power? I'd prefer accuracy too. Ndidi can hit it with power, but 99 times out of 100 he misses. Its not communication, he's just shit.

In terms of dribbling and shot power, objectivity requires respecting sofifa ratings which are prepared by profesionals rather than baseless garbage written by a hatefull poster. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Greyowl said:

In terms of dribbling and shot power, objectivity requires respecting sofifa ratings which are prepared by profesionals rather than baseless garbage written by a hatefull poster. 

Fifa stats lol seriously.

Anyway never denied the power of his shot, more the accuracy. And I can see with my own eyes he loses the ball constantly. I see you didn't mention his closing down that I questioned, I'm guessing his work rate stat on fifa is shit lol Also his decision making is woeful, but I guess fifa don't stat that up lol

Edited by Facecloth
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Greyowl said:

It's hardly baseless garbage when it's clear to see every time he plays though.

Frustrating, there's obviously talent in there, but he's just not showing it enough here. Brendan appears to not favour him because he lacks the defensive nouse he wants in a wide player. You could maybe forgive him for that if he came on and beat everyone one on one, but he doesn't. The lad has a problem translating his talent into performances, and that's why he's not playing.