Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Everybody needs to back off a bit. Cengiz has zero fault with today's result.

It was totally BR discretion to not use him based on his fitness issue  which I found extreme BS. He was good enough to play 170 min for 3 international games in 10 days surely he could come in for last 30 min. against Villa.

The real issue is BR is a traditionalist and doesn't like to chop and change too much. Because of his nature, he can't make drastic or radical decisions like Klopp does.

Sticking with Perez full game today was the clear indication of his capacity and incompetency. We can't ever win a title with this mentality. 

About Cengiz vs Perez....

You really do not need to be a bloody rocket scientist to see the difference.

 

 

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Everybody needs to back off a bit. Cengiz has zero fault with today's result.

It was totally BR discretion to not use him based on his fitness issue  which I found extreme BS. He was good enough to play 170 min for 3 international games in 10 days surely he could come in for last 30 min. against Villa.

The real issue is BR is a traditionalist and doesn't like to chop and change too much. Because of his nature, he can't make drastic or radical decisions like Klopp does.

Sticking with Perez full game today was the clear indication of that and very incompetent of him. We can't ever win a title with this mentality. 

About Cengiz vs Perez....

You really do not need to be a bloody rocket scientist to see the difference.

I reckon BR needs to check in with the Specsavers ASAP.

 

Idiot needs to give his head a wobble, that’s for sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Everybody needs to back off a bit. Cengiz has zero fault with today's result.

It was totally BR discretion to not use him based on his fitness issue  which I found extreme BS. He was good enough to play 170 min for 3 international games in 10 days surely he could come in for last 30 min. against Villa.

The real issue is BR is a traditionalist and doesn't like to chop and change too much. Because of his nature, he can't make drastic or radical decisions like Klopp does.

Sticking with Perez full game today was the clear indication of his capacity and incompetency. We can't ever win a title with this mentality. 

About Cengiz vs Perez....

You really do not need to be a bloody rocket scientist to see the difference.

 

 

No one said Cengiz has any fault for the result today...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No mate. Just read a few post regarding Cengiz not coming in. A few pissed off people out there was thinking that Cengiz wasn't fit for the game so BR didn't use him.  It wasn't correct at all. Just watched a Turkish football program and presenter asked the same question and Cengiz replied, nope. Nothing wrong with me. It was coach decision and I'm sure he knows better.

Today's tactic and result shows that he knows jack sh.t.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Ünder is know for not being the greatest at tracking back. Perez did that well today. It was the right call. Grealish needed doubling up on. Ünder does look a little unfit, however.

At 0-0 though I'd rather get on the front foot and get the goal(s) to win the game before thinking about going defensive. It paves the way for things like today to happen and getting screwed over in the final minute. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

At 0-0 though I'd rather get on the front foot and get the goal(s) to win the game before thinking about going defensive. It paves the way for things like today to happen and getting screwed over in the final minute. 

We lost today because Hamza switched off momentarily in what was a tight game. It happens.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FoxinNotts said:

We lost today because Hamza switched off momentarily in what was a tight game. It happens.

I don't disagree. But there comes a point where we need to take the initiative and actually try to win the game with a positive sub. 

 

I'd always much rather be positive and win the game with attacking subs (or starters) as opposed to be overly defensive-minded and still lose. I genuinely don't mind losing if we can say we tried our best and tried to win the game. I didn't see that much today like we know we are capable of. Partly down to players and change in regular personnel, partly down to bad injuries, partly down to poor in-game situations/choices by Rodgers. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I don't disagree. But there comes a point where we need to take the initiative and actually try to win the game with a positive sub. 

 

I'd always much rather be positive and win the game with attacking subs (or starters) as opposed to be overly defensive-minded and still lose. I genuinely don't mind losing if we can say we tried our best and tried to win the game. I didn't see that much today like we know we are capable of. Partly down to players and change in regular personnel, partly down to bad injuries, partly down to poor in-game situations/choices by Rodgers. 

 

True enough 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Everybody needs to back off a bit. Cengiz has zero fault with today's result.

It was totally BR discretion to not use him based on his fitness issue  which I found extreme BS. He was good enough to play 170 min for 3 international games in 10 days surely he could come in for last 30 min. against Villa.

The real issue is BR is a traditionalist and doesn't like to chop and change too much. Because of his nature, he can't make drastic or radical decisions like Klopp does.

Sticking with Perez full game today was the clear indication of his capacity and incompetency. We can't ever win a title with this mentality. 

About Cengiz vs Perez....

You really do not need to be a bloody rocket scientist to see the difference.

 

 

Spot on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't disagree. But there comes a point where we need to take the initiative and actually try to win the game with a positive sub. 

 

I'd always much rather be positive and win the game with attacking subs (or starters) as opposed to be overly defensive-minded and still lose. I genuinely don't mind losing if we can say we tried our best and tried to win the game. I didn't see that much today like we know we are capable of. Partly down to players and change in regular personnel, partly down to bad injuries, partly down to poor in-game situations/choices by Rodgers. 

 

My thinking was different given the injuries we had suffered and the team we had out there. However, I literally cannot disagree with the point you’ve made. Brendan is paid to make the big decisions and I cannot recall a shot either of our two strikers had today. In a home game where a reaction was needed, that’s disappointing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

We lost today because Hamza switched off momentarily in what was a tight game. It happens.

To just come on for the last few minutes and pick up the pace of the game must be difficult. I'm sure Mendy could have lasted as Barkley hadn't had a look in for most of the game. A winger for Perez would have been common sense. A centre forward who thrives on crosses,  new legs to run at a defence that are carrying yellow cards, in general, giving the opposition a big problem and not merely negatively hanging on to the death and trying to avoid the inevitable sucker punch. It was precisely such tactics that caused our slide from prior to Christmas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We lost that game because we didn’t have enough forwards to have the quality to keep the ball and do something with it. Playing Pérez to keep Grealish at bay (who still saw a shit load of the ball) was a terrible decision, how about we play an international right winger instead of an uncapped makeshift right winger and take the game to pissing VILLA then worry about what they can do to us.

 

These two loses is down to Rodgers and the way we’ve set out in these games is very worrying and has me doubting Rodgers. What’s he playing at??

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

We lost today because Hamza switched off momentarily in what was a tight game. It happens.

Becoming a liability unfortunately.

he would have been asked to do one job in that 10 effort...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiwiturk said:

No mate. Just read a few post regarding Cengiz not coming in. A few pissed off people out there was thinking that Cengiz wasn't fit for the game so BR didn't use him.  It wasn't correct at all. Just watched a Turkish football program and presenter asked the same question and Cengiz replied, nope. Nothing wrong with me. It was coach decision and I'm sure he knows better.

Today's tactic and result shows that he knows jack sh.t.

Yes  Brendan got it wrong today but I’m Sorry players will always say they are fit when they are not . In training videos Cengiz. Was blowing out his ass . You say he played so many minutes in internationals but the guy didn’t play a full 90 minutes because he wasn’t fully fit . My thoughts was that he didn’t get brought on because he wasn’t fully fit and had taken part in 3 games in 10 days . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

WE JUST NEEDED TO HANG ON!  There was only a few minutes left on the clock. Barkly should not have been allowed a free run down the center of the pitch to shoot. Ah heck we really needed Kasper to come up with a great save too. Anything would have helped. Such a gut punch to lose in that way. Villa huffed and puffed all game. A point a piece was a fair result. Hope the lads feel real down and come back strong next game.  Bummer of a sunday after having enjoyed watching the spuds collapse to the hammers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought BR did the right calls, unfortunately the offensive line including Prerez did not perform. We were unlucky in the end. Villa produced a great strike from outside the box at the end of the game and won. 1 point would have been good. I understand the frustration, watching the game I also fought we could have won if we were better offensively.  But to be fair their defence was really good, playing other players may have not have produced a different score.  Anyway, as far as I know Perez did not go on international duty and was fit and ready to play. I also don't think that in general  Under was brought to the club to replace Perez this season, but to help out with the amount of games that need to be played.  Playing Under at the european games first is also low risk  and the right thing to do, it is not PL (he does not need to get adjusted for that games at all). That said, I did expect Under to come in as a sub yesterday after Perez got booked with yellow in the first half. BR chose to go differently and I respect that.  Considering Under's fitness, I think he is not far away from being 100% fit already. I watched the last international game and he looked fit. I don't think that is the reason why he didn't play. Under didn't play because I assume him, Perez, and maybe Barnes will rotate playing to give each other a week to rest and regenerate between two subsequent games.  Personally I do want to see Under start PL games soon, he is quick and a thread from outside the box. Maybe there will be consequences for Perez, and Gray and Under will be chosen to play for the cup game mid-week and Under will start the next PL game. We will see ... 

Edited by Hansifüx
Link to post
Share on other sites

Think him using Ayoze and bringing in Hamza was an indication that he doesn't quite trust Fofana, Castagne, Justin and Evans as a back 4.

 

Under had to come on at 0-0 though, just to offer us something going forwards. Just badly managed.

Edited by Beechey
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beechey said:

Think him using Ayoze and bringing in Hamza was an indication that he doesn't quite trust Fofana, Castagne, Justin and Evans as a back 4.

Not too sure on this. They'd done pretty well up to the point of the goal. And the goal wasn't even their fault to be fair. They'd kept Watkins deadly quiet and they hadn't had that many clear cut chances otherwise? 

 

I think it was Rodgers just being far too conservative and cautious. Mendy was doing fine and would have held position better than Hamza. Under coming on would have been far more acceptable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Not too sure on this. They'd done pretty well up to the point of the goal. And the goal wasn't even their fault to be fair. They'd kept Watkins deadly quiet and they hadn't had that many clear cut chances otherwise? 

 

I think it was Rodgers just being far too conservative and cautious. Mendy was doing fine and would have held position better than Hamza. Under coming on would have been far more acceptable. 

I agree, they did well, but you don't nullify you entire right side and try to shut up shop by bringing on a defensive midfielder if you trust your back 4 implicitly.

 

Villa aren't exactly a team that blow you away with quality, despite pasting Liverpool, they don't make that many chances.

 

I would have much preferred risking Mendy for the final part of the game and bringing on Under to try and get something.

Edited by Beechey
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...