Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Hansifüx

I wonder what is going to happen with Ünder ... he is nowhere to be seen in the last training videos ... as a loan  (maybe this is to simplified but) I would have accepted him to play whenever he is available ... which didn't happen...  Now, I wouldn't be surprised if somehow he ends up at another team (or back in Rom) within the next 2 weeks. 

... just a gut feeling  ...   He needs to play if he wants to be part of EURO 2021 ... but there seems no real  reason  to  play him at the moment with all the (non-loan) alternatives who are doing well ... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

I wonder what is going to happen with Ünder ... he is nowhere to be seen in the last training videos ... as a loan  (maybe this is to simplified but) I would have accepted him to play whenever he is available ... which didn't happen...  Now, I wouldn't be surprised if somehow he ends up at another team (or back in Rom) within the next 2 weeks. 

... just a gut feeling  ...   He needs to play if he wants to be part of EURO 2021 ... but there seems no real  reason  to  play him at the moment with all the (non-loan) alternatives who are doing well ... 

No chance we allow that unless we get another left footed right winger. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

I wonder what is going to happen with Ünder ... he is nowhere to be seen in the last training videos ... as a loan  (maybe this is to simplified but) I would have accepted him to play whenever he is available ... which didn't happen...  Now, I wouldn't be surprised if somehow he ends up at another team (or back in Rom) within the next 2 weeks. 

... just a gut feeling  ...   He needs to play if he wants to be part of EURO 2021 ... but there seems no real  reason  to  play him at the moment with all the (non-loan) alternatives who are doing well ... 

He got injured at the wrong time and would assume he's had another setback if he's now not training. Also no maddison or vardy in the video.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

He got injured at the wrong time and would assume he's had another setback if he's now not training. Also no maddison or vardy in the video.

Possibly been given a few days off training given their injuries and its a cup game week. Could give them a whole week off even.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

He got injured at the wrong time and would assume he's had another setback if he's now not training. Also no maddison or vardy in the video.

He wasn't in the Newcastle training video to be fair.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last game I saw him in was Europe. He was great and looked a real player. His cameos have generally been great as well. But yet he's not getting a sniff. A real shame as I think we're missing out on what he can offer. Perhaps a case of the right player, but the wrong time? Watch him pop up elsewhere and be a star i.e. Kane, Kramaric.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Patience...

 

We're not even half way through our Prem. fixtures, we have Europe plus the FA Cup fixtures to come. He's been injured and since then, Albrighton has come in and done a good job. He'll get his chance and when he does, he will need to show what he can do to force his way into contention for a start in the Prem. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, moore_94 said:

 

Another little knock then. I wonder if this is his body adapting to the higher intensity Rodgers demands? But another shame if he can't make an impact. You could read into that that he still needs to show his worth to earn his move.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Another little knock then. I wonder if this is his body adapting to the higher intensity Rodgers demands? But another shame if he can't make an impact. You could read into that that he still needs to show his worth to earn his move.

He's picked up niggling injuries a lot in the last few years. Just the way it is, but certainly doesn't aid him in trying to make an impact here and us part €24m for him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's picked up niggling injuries a lot in the last few years. Just the way it is, but certainly doesn't aid him in trying to make an impact here and us part €24m for him.

The way I see it is he needs to pull up some trees in the second half of the season if he wants to stay.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

The way I see it is he needs to pull up some trees in the second half of the season if he wants to stay.

Just hope whatever happens we go out in the summer and get the winger we've been missing since Mahrez left. Someone with genuine X factor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

The way I see it is he needs to pull up some trees in the second half of the season if he wants to stay.

Yes he does and I hope Rodgers gives him the environment in which to do so. However, it seems he will only throw him on when we are chasing games from hopeless positions which isn't always the ideal situation to make an impact as the team is already potentially playing badly (Fulham and West Ham at home) and it's difficult to make an impact. I don't particularly like how negative Rodgers goes when we are winning games, at 2-0 up away at Newcastle, surely that's the sort of time to give Ünder some more minutes but he leaves him on the bench once again. Same happened vs Spurs and Sheffield Utd (when we were chasing the winner). Odd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really not fussed about him; the loan to buy option has turned out to be a pretty good deal as he needs to actually be fit and play well the second half of the season or I don’t see why we should sign him besides being Soyuncu’s mate 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasn’t really worked out so far imo. Hasn’t been given loads of opportunities but whenever he’s started (except AEK) he’s been fairly poor. Gives the ball away a lot with too many shots, most have been pretty poor. I think perez offers more and I think he’s a back up at best. 
 

He offers good attacking intent but so far has lacked the quality to make a real impact. Would I pay £24m for him? Currently no, but hopefully he settles in the second half of the season and can improve his efficiency. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/01/2021 at 15:00, lcfc sheff said:

I’m really not fussed about him; the loan to buy option has turned out to be a pretty good deal as he needs to actually be fit and play well the second half of the season or I don’t see why we should sign him besides being Soyuncu’s mate 

Good point. I think Under would be a good buy and will come good but either way on their recent record I'd trust BR and the recruitment teams judgement. Personally I like him as a player and I hope it works out well for him,. The reports say Soyuncu and Under are big mates which is also an important factor.We're not running a boys club but we'd be silly to ignore anything that helps a contented squad. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely see something in him, but not yet enough to make his move permanent. Hopefully, he'll get the opportunities to prove his worth either way in the second half of the season. He's already a better option than Gray off the bench so has improved the squad. 

 

It's a shame he was injured for the Stoke game. The amount of space their 3 at the back left in the wide areas meant he could have had a field day with his direct running. Jury is still out, but I'm hopeful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Good point. I think Under would be a good buy and will come good but either way on their recent record I'd trust BR and the recruitment teams judgement. Personally I like him as a player and I hope it works out well for him,. The reports say Soyuncu and Under are big mates which is also an important factor.We're not running a boys club but we'd be silly to ignore anything that helps a contented squad. 

Weren’t riyad and slim good mates ?   You can’t build a squad on that basis ........ I’m concerned as per the post referencing his suitability to adapt to the physical nature of the league could well be a problem,. 
 

But mahrez was only 500 k.  He didn’t play a lot in the first half of the 14/15 PL season ..... came on stronger later. Let’s hope cengiz  goes the same way ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s got talent but I’d rather have someone who contributes more to the team like Perez with his work rate and link up play going off of what I’ve seen so far. 
 

I think we can role the dice in the summer again and pass on Cengiz, I think there’s better options out there, but would like to see him get his fitness back and have a few more chances in the side. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...