Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

No. But then that undermines your theory that it's perhaps a phenomenon of "less successful footballing nations"! lol

Not exactly, as it's a question. Essentially a compound question asking whether the observation I'd made was incorrect. If the second part of the question was in fact statement then yes, it would be a contradiction.

 

B- for effort. lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd choice to Sharkey, I can understand at present and for certain games, he is afterall a grafter. 2nd choice to Ayoze, not sure, at least let him have a half instead of Perez, Fulham game an ideal chance, if not and with time running out till his loan spell is up, let this lad move on where he will either flourish, and inevitably we regret letting him go, or he will dissapoint and BR was right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Underfan said:

Give me an alternative player other and  better than Cengiz, and what is your budget ?Has he prooved himself ağainst big clubs likewise Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool, Juventus in his early 20s. Is he older or younger than Cengiz? Just name a few players please.

There quite obviously is players that fit that criteria without being silly enough to bother listing them. Under has shown to be injury prone which is enough for me not to bother buying him at this moment in time.

 

Also, he hasn’t proven anything yet with us

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Flappit said:

The modern game isn't about doing a few stepovers and nutmegging the fullback once a game; it needs tactically astute players who understand a team's system and how to operate within it. This includes when to make runs, when to cover, what space to close down and when and so on. A single player on the pitch playing out of system causes trouble as it pulls other players out of position to cover. This snowballs quickly into chaos as other players are then isolated and exposed by the covering player.  Rogers can be seen bellowing at Under in many games when he's played as he is in the wrong position. We don't have the luxury of carrying a player that doesn't do the job he's there for. Rogers may think Under is 50% of that player. Perez (on the right wing) is 60% and Albrighton is 80%.

 

Many people underestimate the job that Albrighton does on the pitch. He's not there to skin the fullback, he's there to cover defensively, cut off the ball to the opposition fullback when they're advancing (thus forcing the ball inside) and advancing the ball up the pitch when we attack. Opposition players know he's not fast, so they can stand off him a bit, but then they also know that he's got a great cross on him when he gets space, so they need to close him down. That causes them to dither and that moment of hesitation is what can unlock defences. At the very least, Rogers knows that Albrighton will be back in the box making a tackle when there's a fast breakaway by the opposition. Under rarely does that and with our attacking fullbacks, it leaves us more exposed.

 

Just because *you* may think that Under's 3 bits of skill per 90 minutes are box-office doesn't mean that Rogers agrees. There's much more to a player on the pitch in a system than just flashes of skill. Obviously one single flash of skill can create a chance for us, but a few lapses of concentration and lack of tackling back may result in several more opportunities for the opposition and Rogers doesn't like that.  I suspect he's better placed than we are to understand which players work in our system and which don't.  After all, we're 3rd...

Well with a post like that discussion over, nothing else too see on this thread.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think once the knockout matches in Europa League start and the schedule gets tighter and tighter he will get many chances and prove his worth to Rodgers and the nay sayers in this forum.

You can feel something burning inside of Cengo and he is ready to let loose over a couple of matches

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, youngvolki said:

I think once the knockout matches in Europa League start and the schedule gets tighter and tighter he will get many chances and prove his worth to Rodgers and the nay sayers in this forum.

You can feel something burning inside of Cengo and he is ready to let loose over a couple of matches

...probably too much spice in his moussaka!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Not exactly, as it's a question. Essentially a compound question asking whether the observation I'd made was incorrect. If the second part of the question was in fact statement then yes, it would be a contradiction.

 

B- for effort. lol

The substantive point is that England is a “less successful footballing nation.” lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Flappit said:

Many people underestimate the job that Albrighton does on the pitch. He's not there to skin the fullback, he's there to cover defensively, cut off the ball to the opposition fullback when they're advancing (thus forcing the ball inside) and advancing the ball up the pitch when we attack. Opposition players know he's not fast, so they can stand off him a bit, but then they also know that he's got a great cross on him when he gets space, so they need to close him down. That causes them to dither and that moment of hesitation is what can unlock defences. At the very least, Rogers knows that Albrighton will be back in the box making a tackle when there's a fast breakaway by the opposition. Under rarely does that and with our attacking fullbacks, it leaves us more exposed.

Nope! Certainly not “many people” in this discussion.


Nonetheless, the reason for different players with disparate skill sets in a squad is that different skills may be required for different situations/roles.

Don’t recall (eg) seeing Barnes “back in the box making a tackle when there’s a fast breakaway by the opposition” (even ignoring Barnes’ stepovers/nutmegs :ph34r:).

 

Meanwhile, this discourse is NOT really about questioning Brendan’s personnel decisions (except perhaps from the Turks fan boys).

After all, it was Brendan who brought in Ünder, and who said just TODAY that Ünder is “an important member of the SQUAD” (emphasis on squad added).

 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vazman said:

2nd choice to Sharkey, I can understand at present and for certain games, he is afterall a grafter. 2nd choice to Ayoze, not sure, at least let him have a half instead of Perez, Fulham game an ideal chance, if not and with time running out till his loan spell is up, let this lad move on where he will either flourish, and inevitably we regret letting him go, or he will dissapoint and BR was right.

Perez (who cost 30m - more than Ünder would) is 2d choice to Sharkey.

Marc is having a GREAT season (somewhat ironic, because if he was binned 2 seasons ago, likely many would’ve said “legend, but about time”).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4.2.2021 at 00:52, knitro said:

I'll be honest the single player fans are so tiresome that it's almost enough for me to want those types of players who draw them in to go elsewhere even if they are good. They aren't Leicester fans, our success is incidental. They'd root for a Under hattrick in a loss over a 2-0 win where he doesn't leave the bench. I guess my point is their opinions really do mean **** all because it's not a sober analysis its an emotional one. ' I have monitored this boy since 5 years' this is how you wind up on lists mate. Divest yourself from a stranger's success a bit, life will be healthier. 

 

I like what I've seen from Cengiz and I think there's a player in there, and I'm not someone to declare Rodgers infallible, but we as fans are only privy to a percentage of the information. There's any number of reasons he isn't playing from injury, form, work rate, attitude, financials, what sort of esteem he's held in, language barriers, other issues settling in, etc. This isn't a team that's foundering in the relegation zone, it's one that is winning most games and within two games of the league leaders. Consistency matters. How do we think the bench players in 15/16 felt? I'm sure it sucked to be a passenger there too, but it's an understandable situation. Regardless, there's likely 25+ games left this season and who knows what injuries will emerge or other wrinkles will develop. I think he'll get his chance and I hope he seizes it and takes that position. As much as I like Marc it really can be his to claim.

Excellent post...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am if the school of thought he is being prepared for the rigours of the premiership. I like what I see I. Terms of raw talent, and am not surprised that he has taken time to settle to a new country/league. I think the loan with an option to buy was based on understanding his fitness, robustness and mentality more than anything. I expect him to sign in the summer (any injury etc permitting) as he seems to fit into the group and has bags of potential. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/01/2021 at 20:24, adejo92 said:

It did frustrate me not seeing him play much but perhaps its all just down to BR molding him to fit our style of play and the pace / demands of the Premier League. Serie A is generally a slower pace than the Premier League.

Yeah, though I don’t get the excuse about him needing to adapt. He seems to have fitted right in on the pitch, always catching our eyes with his ability to get past players, make the perfect pass, and get back defending. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the number one topic which creates the most division and disagreement amongst us at the moment.

We are all gonna be agree to disagree on this.

My arguments was always based on a Fair Go and I don't believe he has received many of them. I love the Foxes but he is also an essential part of Turkey's Euro 2021 campaign and he needs more playing time.

Super respecting if he doesn't fit BR's current system and it's OK and can happen time to time.        (  Jesse Lingard is the huge example for that this week) and

I got it,  BR is not believing team rotations like Klopp or Guardiola but he either does need give the Cengo  a Fair Go or let him go and let him go asap.

 

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

This is the number one topic which creates the most division and disagreement amongst us at the moment.

We are all gonna be agree to disagree on this.

My arguments was always based on a Fair Go and I don't believe he has received many of them. I love the Foxes but he is also an essential part of Turkey's Euro 2021 campaign and he needs more playing time.

Super respecting if he doesn't fit BR's current system and it's OK and can happen time to time.        (  Jesse Lingard is the huge example for that this week) and

I got it,  BR is not believing team rotations like Klopp or Guardiola but he either does need give the Cengo  a Fair Go or let him go and let him go asap.

 

Maybe there is something wrong with the player. After all Roma were happy to let him go... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

This is the number one topic which creates the most division and disagreement amongst us at the moment.

We are all gonna be agree to disagree on this.

My arguments was always based on a Fair Go and I don't believe he has received many of them. I love the Foxes but he is also an essential part of Turkey's Euro 2021 campaign and he needs more playing time.

Super respecting if he doesn't fit BR's current system and it's OK and can happen time to time.        (  Jesse Lingard is the huge example for that this week) and

I got it,  BR is not believing team rotations like Klopp or Guardiola but he either does need give the Cengo  a Fair Go or let him go and let him go asap.

 

Oh FFS. Brendan brought him in and if he isn't happy he'll let him go. Don't go all drama queen and pretend he's a slave. He'll be gone at the earliest possible opportunity if BR doesn't want him. Personally I hope CU and BR work it out, and we have a seriously competitive team player.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, blockheadder said:

Oh FFS. Brendan brought him in and if he isn't happy he'll let him go. Don't go all drama queen and pretend he's a slave. He'll be gone at the earliest possible opportunity if BR doesn't want him. Personally I hope CU and BR work it out, and we have a seriously competitive team player.

Obviously you didn't get the agree to disagree part.

If Cengo couldn't get to play vs Fulham where Sharky wasn't a starter but Nacho and Perez preferred to him in first XI  and also didn't even subbed, there is nothing left to sort out.

Either you are wearing a horse glasses or living in LaLaLand mate.

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...