Under is a difficult one. I'll admit, for a while, I was a little dazzled by some of his fleet footwork and his propensity to at least have a pop at goal when in range. He seemed more of a goal threat than both Perez and Iheanacho at that stage (admittedly, Iheanacho was have a little rough patch).

Whilst he's hardly had a decent run in the team, the odd games he's started, he simply hasn't taken his chance. I can't see any way we'll keep him even if Roma half the transfer fee.

Shame, as I was hopeful at the start, but he just hasn't shown enough in the sporadic chances he's had.

He's played at times when we've needed to rest others, he'll probably still get to play in the cup. It's not really worked out for him here but for a small loan fee he hasn't been a terrible signing. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He takes an extra touch and doesn't identify the easy (but progressive) pass quickly enough. As someone named it he's seeking 'the hollywood' pass. But what most annoyed me was watching Youri run about trying to affect a high press. And Under barely moving out of possession. On top of that. He lost the ball a few times. Through his hands up and made no effort to chase back. 

The all round package is just not strong enough for us. On this matter, I think I'm completely aligned with Brendan now. 

he was not even trying to get back at one point when he lost the ball should have been sprinting to assist

vardy's reaction to him wasting a chance earlier in the game said it all to me. you can tell when the teammates arent invested in the other player.

disappointing. 

10 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

he was not even trying to get back at one point when he lost the ball should have been sprinting to assist

vardy's reaction to him wasting a chance earlier in the game said it all to me. you can tell when the teammates arent invested in the other player.

disappointing. 

It was the same in another  game. Under had a great chance to pass the ball back and just aimlessly shot. Luke Thomas, who I presume isn’t part of the clique yet, threw his arms in the air. 

This wasn’t a key first team player, it was a young player just getting into the team. I dread to think what the senior lads think of him! 

Edited by SHANE_
  • Like 1
48 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

disappointing. 

The most embarrassing thing for me was Albrighton coming all the way across from the left wing to close down their full back whilst he stood and watched. 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

disappointing. 

I noticed that too. It was more surprising as you would've thought that after 8/9 months of being at this club that he would've and should've been working with vardy on link up play. Granted though that he got one right.

• Like 1

Seems like it's not going to happen here for Cengo. He's got plenty of ability but whether it's been the luck of chances from November through to February in the league but he now just doesn't seem confident or motivated which is annoying. It's probably not motivation but it feels that way, an on loan player who probably senses he isn't going to be staying here and it's effecting him.

He was really poor on Thursday, so frustrating as we badly need him right now to be impacting on games. We have absolutely nothing coming from Albrighton currently, Maddison now injured, Perez injured and in heinous form and not even got Gray to consider as a game changer. 

It possibly only takes one bright spark to spur him on from now until the end of the season but it's more hope than belief.

• Like 4

He started the game brightly, had a couple of half chances but then went missing. But so did everyone else, he's been part of some really poor performances but is that just unlucky? Or have we been poor because he's been in the team.

I don't think it's a lack of effort really, i still think given our other options, if he played 10 straight games, with a decent full back behind him, he would have more goals and assists then anyone else from that right side. 

• Like 1

If he want to sign permanently here he needs to step up when given the chance. So far he hasn't done so often enough. It is starting to look pretty obvious Brendan doesn't really fancy playing his for whatever reason. To be fair the player is in a difficult position mentally. We're fast approaching the end of the season, he hasn't had a huge amount of playing time and is uncertain regarding his future. None of this makes for a settled happy incentivsed player who may well already be thinking I don't have a future here.

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

He started the game brightly, had a couple of half chances but then went missing. But so did everyone else, he's been part of some really poor performances but is that just unlucky? Or have we been poor because he's been in the team.

I don't think it's a lack of effort really, i still think given our other options, if he played 10 straight games, with a decent full back behind him, he would have more goals and assists then anyone else from that right side. 

Thank goodness for some more balanced posts on Under.  He often hasn't been played under the easiest of circumstances e.g. when the team has been misfiring and/or a poor formation.  But one thing pointed out above is disappointing - his very rare interchanging of passes with Vardy and the other attackers.  I thought that with his nifty footwork, and one or two clips seen of him, that he would be able to meld in quite quickly with that aspect of our attacking play, but he has on only rare occasions.  It's a shame, because our attacking can be explosive when we manage the quick interpassing around the penalty area.

I live in hope that he'll still be given a few chances, and that it will suddenly happen for him and the team (ever the optimist), but I have to admit that my hopes are fading.

1 hour ago, reynard said:

If he want to sign permanently here he needs to step up when given the chance. So far he hasn't done so often enough. It is starting to look pretty obvious Brendan doesn't really fancy playing his for whatever reason. To be fair the player is in a difficult position mentally. We're fast approaching the end of the season, he hasn't had a huge amount of playing time and is uncertain regarding his future. None of this makes for a settled happy incentivsed player who may well already be thinking I don't have a future here.

There's no way we're signing him on a permanent contract it's obvious that BR doesn't rate him and he's only getting a look in now due to the injuries we have.

Is the fee around £26m?..

That's a joke for what he's shown and produced when given a chance.

Bin.

Although the Fat Lady is warming up off stage....... she has yet begun to sing.

In a squad and a season like this you never know who will rise from the ashes. Keep working Cengiz.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SO1 said:

Although the Fat Lady is warming up off stage....... she has yet begun to sing.

In a squad and a season like this you never know who will rise from the ashes. Start working Cengiz.

Fixed if for you :thumbup:

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Absolutely ****ing woeful. Always tries to force an assist when it's not on and gives the ball away because he is a glory hog. He is not even committed and pulls out of contact, a real wimp. My least favourite player since Ahmed Musa.

So your main complaint is he always tries to try and score or set up goals? 

Interesting!