justfoxes

CITY V Burnley POST MATCH 4-2

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...absolute nonsense...I have not said that nor alluded to it!!!

That’s fair. Given I don’t get your point about his lack of influence given his class and ability to split a defence. That’s what I want of Youri. That little bit of class to open up stubborn defences. Create space so we can exploit. His movement, his passing and all round game today did that a few times. I don’t know what you want him to do. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Praet needs a good run in the side now. He’s coming into his own. Surely Perez will make way for Maddison. 

Perez will probably make way for Albrighton next week, to defensively pressure Man City’s left back 

Another chaotic game this weekend and easily the most entertaining game we’ve had against Burnley in recent memory.

Tielemans once again the difference maker, he’s an absolute class act and needs to retain this level of responsibility and maintain this level when Maddison comes back.

Barnes is on the cusp of being a very special player. It can still go one of two ways for him but the upside on him is like nothing we’ve had from a young player since Heskey.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Justin, Defo the new scapegoat now Chilwell has gone. Let's forget how he's a right back playing left back, a young lad who was playing league 1 not so long ago. Yes got brushed aside too easily for the 1st goal, but put in a decent performance all round.

Teilemans looks like he's flourishing in midfield without Maddison starting. He's controlling the tempo and playing some lovely stuff. Good to have true competition in the middle, will be a bit disappointed if Madders walks back into the team without having to up his game.

Castagne looks as good as Ricardo both defensively and going forward, be interesting to see if he's shifted left when Ricardo is back and if he's as effective.

This could be Barnes' season, may find himself with an England cap before the season is out.

Perez looked like a man who knows his position in the team is under threat (no pun intended) 

Somehow, although we looked a little sloppy at times much like we did last season post lockdown, there's a different feel, we seem to have our swag back, just hope it continues.

Go on Jimbo! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Great win. Very good performance. Justin is a weak link defensively. 

… ish

I'm sure he'll be coached to improve when he's up against aerial bombardment.

He's a great young player to have around

• Like 1

Played some great football today any team would be happy with. The Belgium trio were fantastic as was Barnes and Vardy.
My only concern is when we try playing out from the back. We gave Burnley possession in some dangerous areas to often for my liking. Why don’t we mix it up a bit and go long and win the ball higher up the pitch and attack rather than loose the ball 30 yards from our own goal and give away unnecessary chances.  

• Like 1

Great result but a good performance. 

We took them apart but we have holes to be plugged. We need to couple games like this with defensively solid games. 

So many positives though. Barnes was electric. Timo looks a great buy and Praet should be starting over Maddison at the minute - and that's not to the detriment of Maddison. 

Once our back line is whole we'll be great. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TonyN11 said:

… ish

I'm sure he'll be coached to improve when he's up against aerial bombardment.

He's a great young player to have around

Absolutely right, he's a young lad with massive potential

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

That’s fair. Given I don’t get your point about his lack of influence given his class and ability to split a defence. That’s what I want of Youri. That little bit of class to open up stubborn defences. Create space so we can exploit. His movement, his passing and all round game today did that a few times. I don’t know what you want him to do. 

...there has got to be another part to his game and in the position that Rodgers has placed him being able to shut a game down is a big part of it!!!

At  3 - 1 the game was in effect done but they came back in a game which became too open, for a team which had all the control. We could not shut it down and could easily have drawn the game.

Once again I am not decrying his talents, but we need that different aspect to our games and he is the one in the position to make it happen.

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Worth noting there has been a big change in the way we play compared to last season already - number of men committing forwards to get into the box. Even at our best last season, we were often guilty of having just 2 or 3 people in the box, usually Vardy, Barnes and Perez. This season already I have seen as many as 6 people in the box when we attack. Praet especially is playing WAY more box-to-box than last season, but the fullbacks too are getting stuck in, Castagne especially.

It does make us a bit weaker on the turnover, but it also makes us look so much more threatening. Wait till Cengiz Under gets into this team, he's going to have a field day!

Did leave us a bit open in midfield at times today though. Better teams would have punished us on the counter several times. 

But as long as we score more, that's all that matters! I enjoy our play atm, faster and more meaningful possession, we need to keep it up. 

I've noticed we've been far more aggressive when pressing too, harder challenges and quicker to close the ball. 

27 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Mendy is more meh than good. 

The last couple of seasons I'd have said Shïte, still hasn't done enough to reach good. If he's playing next week we are struggling, he's only there because Wolf is filling in at CB. 

Nah we sent Bennett back to Molineux