Jump to content
deanolegend1989

Potential of this Leicester City team.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Corky said:

I just want to be entertained and have players who excite and thrill. We've got that. If Rodgers keeps his nerve we could be an extremely watchable team this season.

All we can ask is they continue this positive attacking play, trying to win football matches! So far I have been impressed beyond my expectations to be honest. If Ünder is half as good as Castagne 👏

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Corky said:

I just want to be entertained and have players who excite and thrill. We've got that. If Rodgers keeps his nerve we could be an extremely watchable team this season.

I think that’s it we got thumped by liverpool last season and We’d been found out where in truth if we had stuck to 4-1-4-1 with a deep defence we’d have eventually carried on as we where same as if we lose against man city

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember last season when people were saying we weren’t far from competing with the top six. Then we missed top 4 and Arsenal won the FA Cup so, ultimately, we didn’t - apart from Spurs. 

 

We can only really sustain our current level if we retain players. We’ll only retain the best players if, ultimately, we win something or consistently challenge for top 4. Otherwise we’ll always just be building the squad to play catch up with what we’ve lost. 

 

Two weeks ago I wasn’t looking forward to this season. Now I’m beginning to get the bug again. But last season taught me that our squad depth is still some way short of the best and, financially speaking, we won’t be trying to compete. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Corky said:

I just want to be entertained and have players who excite and thrill. We've got that. If Rodgers keeps his nerve we could be an extremely watchable team this season.

I was going to come and write the same thing. After the dross we've been served up for most of 2020 it was great to watch this evening. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

I remember last season when people were saying we weren’t far from competing with the top six. Then we missed top 4 and Arsenal won the FA Cup so, ultimately, we didn’t - apart from Spurs. 

 

We can only really sustain our current level if we retain players. We’ll only retain the best players if, ultimately, we win something or consistently challenge for top 4. Otherwise we’ll always just be building the squad to play catch up with what we’ve lost. 

 

Two weeks ago I wasn’t looking forward to this season. Now I’m beginning to get the bug again. But last season taught me that our squad depth is still some way short of the best and, financially speaking, we won’t be trying to compete. 

I would argue that we can only compete toward the top end and grow by selling players.  At least on our own terms.  We didn't want to sell Kante or Mahrez but can you say that we miss Maguire?  Or Chilwell?

 

Castagne already looks like an improvement on Chilwell and his fee will allow us to bring in Under or possibly Fofana too.  As long as we invest it wisely we improve.  It works.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought it was interesting to see how Kaspers' distribution or lack of it was highlighted again last night. The sharpness of the passing from the outfield players was fantastic yesterday, however I thought he diluted the quality at times. You can see why Liverpool and Manchester City rely on their goalies playing like a sweeper to keep that rhythm and momentum going. 

 

I'm not saying we are at the top 2 level, but if we aspire to get better I think it is an area to address if he doesn't improve eventually.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really enjoyed the game and I bet a lot of neutrals did.

 

Great going forward, really entertaining and exciting but we seem to have got into a phase where when we're in front we lose our composure and start making errors, conceding possession too easily. there were times in that game where I got serious deja vu of the Bournemouth debacle.  We need to stamp that out as better teams will take advantage of that. 

 

I'm sure we will.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Two weeks ago there were people on here claiming we are relegation material, Brendan is a one trick pony, Top was skint because we hadn't signed anyone and Jon Rudkin is to blame for everything. Quite a sea change in opinion since then.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow some people would think they've pulled if a women walks within 2 meters of them right. It's 2 bloody games against arguably 2 of the worst teams in the league. Please let's not get ahead of ourselves. Yes we looked good going forward, but our defense is still pretty poor and against better teams we will be punished. I'm a glass half full kinda guy normally but jeez some of us are "I've just come in the glass and made it full" kinda people. 

 

Chill out! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The main thing that pleases me is that we've instantly broken the poor momentum from last season. To do this with a patched up back line and fringe players like Praet and Mendy stepping up is encouraging. I'll be livid if Rodgers reverts to type against Man City

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stadt said:

We’ve had really kind fixtures. WBA were shit and Burnley had their most important players out so let’s not get ahead of ourselves 

Fixtures like this 2 months ago we ****ed up and cost us CL.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not played a good team yet to be fair. Acid test next week against Man City. We folded like a cheap suit there last Christmas.

 

Justin has to have a big game because I can see them targeting our left side again.

 

Will be good to have Evans available and potentially Maddison too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Fixtures like this 2 months ago we ****ed up and cost us CL.

Yeah but we don't have the pressure on us now. We know what this team can do in the early months of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Thought it was interesting to see how Kaspers' distribution or lack of it was highlighted again last night. The sharpness of the passing from the outfield players was fantastic yesterday, however I thought he diluted the quality at times. You can see why Liverpool and Manchester City rely on their goalies playing like a sweeper to keep that rhythm and momentum going. 

 

I'm not saying we are at the top 2 level, but if we aspire to get better I think it is an area to address if he doesn't improve eventually.

On the other hand, you only have to have a look at Kepa to see how easy it is to buy a dud Keeper!

 

At least Kasper is a safe pair of hands.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I always said we weren't as bad as we were Jan-July, and weren't as good as we were from August-Dec.

 

We can compete consistently for the top 8 and in a good season the top 4, we will get to Qtr-Finals and the odd Semi-Final.

 

The challenge is consistently get in Europe and try and reach finals over the next few seasons.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah but we don't have the pressure on us now. We know what this team can do in the early months of the season.

 Correct..tho I made a comment last season that defeat and disappointment are part of the process of learning to win. No pain no gain etc

 

Last season will hopefully prove to be a character forming exercise

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...