Jump to content
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

 

 

Pretty sure Notts Forest came back from 2-0 to draw that. I was covering the game. Was hard to be neutral through the anger!

 

Not as bad as the 5-1 thrashing we got there. That was utterly gutless.

 

Spot on

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14514759

 

One of the worst atmospheres I've ever experienced leaving a football match.

 

I'm not one that easily feels intimidated, but it was such a weird feeling leaving the ground that afternoon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MPH said:

 


 

Random forest story....

 

Back around 1991 ish we got drawn against forest  away in a cup game I think it was... my friends and I were about 16 so we always sorted our own tickets out... by the time we could get down to filbert street to buy our tickets the away end was completely sold out.. Not to be deterred, I came up with the bright idea that  we would go to the forest ground and buy tickets for the forest end. So a few days later  off we went and got the tickets. We even dared each other to still wear our  City tops.

 

 

Game day came  and  as we got off the train and made our way to the ground we began to have second thoughts as to the wisdom and we were already getting some stares as we were young loudmouths basically... got to the ground , jackets zipped all the way up to hide our city tops and we bottled it- saw the lines and lines of red shirts queuing to get in.
 

“Leave it to me” I said.

 

 I went to one of the police outside the ground acting all shocked that it was Forest end and explained my friends dad bought the tickets from a ticket agent for my friends birthday and we couldn’t possibly go in this end as we were Leicester fans, I unzipped my jacket and burst it open like I was Superman. He looked very concerned and took us to the Leicester end  which we were delighted about. Even more so when we realized that the Forest tickets we bought  were about £5 cheaper than tickets were for the Leicester end :D
 

I don’t even remember the result. My teenage years were pickled by alcohol.

Probably in the Zenith Data Systems Cup (look it up kids, it was a thing). I was there too, think we lost 2-0, Paul Reid scored an own goal?

 

This was shortly after the legendary victory away at Notts County in the rain, possibly in the previous round. What a night that was :thumbup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

8000 of us in the rain behind the goal, got utterly drenched but great memories and "one of those nights"

 

ENJOY!

 

 


 

i got that shellsuit for Christmas! Was so proud of it!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

8000 of us in the rain behind the goal, got utterly drenched but great memories and "one of those nights"

 

ENJOY!

 

 

Strangely enough, I sold Craig Short a car about 6 months ago. Nice bloke actually.

 

He didn't remember this game, but he definitely remembered the 94 Play Off Final lol

 

Took it all in good spirits, said he's got a few scars from Steve Walsh! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Strangely enough, I sold Craig Short a car about 6 months ago. Nice bloke actually.

 

He didn't remember this game, but he definitely remembered the 94 Play Off Final lol

 

Took it all in good spirits, said he's got a few scars from Steve Walsh! 

 

Incidentally, the car was a Jag. 

 

Think he'd heard @Izzy had got one and wanted to look like him :ph34r:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Half Time Scores

 

Championship:

 

Matty James (6.2) - Barnsley 0-0 Nottingham Forest

 

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (6.7) - Luton 0-0 Blackburn

 

Filip Benkovic (still on bench) - Cardiff 0-1 Millwall

 

George Hirst (6.3) - Rotherham 0-1 Swansea

 

Josh Knight (6.4) - Wycombe 0-0 Brentford

 

League Two:

 

Mitch Clark (6.5) - Port Vale 0-0 Newport

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Half Time Scores

 

Championship:

 

Matty James (6.2) - Barnsley 0-0 Nottingham Forest

 

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (6.7) - Luton 0-0 Blackburn

 

Filip Benkovic (still on bench) - Cardiff 0-1 Millwall

 

George Hirst (6.3) - Rotherham 0-1 Swansea

 

Josh Knight (6.4) - Wycombe 0-0 Brentford

 

League Two:

 

Mitch Clark (6.5) - Port Vale 0-0 Newport

Going well 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A well defensively drilled Wycombe held out against an impressive Brentford in the first half and started to threaten to steal the game in the second. Josh, this being only his fifth or so game in central defence after spending most of his time in defensive midfield at Peterborough, seems a solid defender, making a fair few interceptions, and often a key player in Wycombe's one dimensional yet hard to counter tactic of punting it to their gigantic target man, who then tries to flick it on for a team mate. Wycombe are a point behind Coventry, who are bobbing above the relegation zone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

A well defensively drilled Wycombe held out against an impressive Brentford in the first half and started to threaten to steal the game in the second. Josh, this being only his fifth or so game in central defence after spending most of his time in defensive midfield at Peterborough, seems a solid defender, making a fair few interceptions, and often a key player in Wycombe's one dimensional yet hard to counter tactic of punting it to their gigantic target man, who then tries to flick it on for a team mate. Wycombe are a point behind Coventry, who are bobbing above the relegation zone.

Honestly he’s gone into a team that were  getting spanked every week and transformed them into a solid team. Fair play because that could have easily gone horribly wrong for him. 

 

If he keeps wycombe up at the expense of Derby he will be worth all the wages we’ve paid him. Curious though, was he one of the guys that only had a deal until Jan? 

Edited by Lambert09
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Honestly he’s gone into a team that were  getting spanked every week and transformed them into a solid team. Fair play because that could have easily gone horribly wrong for him. 

 

If he keeps wycombe up at the expense of Derby he will be worth all the wages we’ve paid him. Curious though, was he one of the guys that only had a deal until Jan? 

I'm not sure he's transformed them to be honest. The whole back line is good and the team is good enough to stay up. But Wycombe will struggle to find a centre half as good when he returns. And the fans are impressed. It's strange he's playing as centre half when he excelled as a defensive midfilder for Peterborough. It reminds me of Barnes. He excelled as a creative midfilder at West Brom, but then was moved to left wing on, I suspect, our request. I think we want Knight primarily to be a centre half when he returns. He's been a great centre half early in his loan spell at Wycombe, a team up against it every match. I'm looking forward to seeing him return and play in some cup matches or what have you.

 

142400856_Screenshot2020-11-21at21_50_02.png.2e663c0e03eb53ecc5725d341bde72bd.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Honestly he’s gone into a team that were  getting spanked every week and transformed them into a solid team. Fair play because that could have easily gone horribly wrong for him. 

 

If he keeps wycombe up at the expense of Derby he will be worth all the wages we’ve paid him. Curious though, was he one of the guys that only had a deal until Jan? 

Can you imagine the scenes if Wycombe - a ridiculously small club led by the ageing Akinfatbloke - stayed up at the expense of Derby ... a has-been club led by the ageing granny-shagger? Priceless. Unlike the granny. Allegedly.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonights Games

 

Championship:

 

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - starting for Luton vs Birmingham

 

George Hirst - on the bench for Rotherham vs QPR

 

Josh Knight - starting for Wycombe vs Huddersfield

 

Matty James - starting for Barnsley vs Brenford

 

League One:

 

Sam Hughes - starting for Burton vs Charlton

 

Darnell Johnson - not in the squad for Wigan vs Bristol Rovers

 

League Two:

 

Mitch Clark - starting for Port Vale vs Stevanage

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...