Jump to content
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal Post Match

Recommended Posts

Those that should be pushing for a 1st team place, didn't.

 

Iheanacho - very poor.

Gray - time to move on. Incredibly frustrating.

Ward - awful.

Amartey - looked every inch the player that hadn't played for two years

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Thomas looked good I thought, he continues developing you'll have a very good player on your hands. KDH at almost 23 ain't ever going to even be a bit part player in a successful Leicester side.

curious but are you half a Leicester fan? 

 

I’m surprised I bothered watching that never mind a neutral. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just shows how weak our squad depth is really and why our form plummeted when we started to get so many injuries . I can forgive big Dan he’s  been out nearly 2 seasons but Gray has no excuses and as much as I love him Albrighton no longer offers anything except hard work . Hamza and Dewsbury  Hall are no where  near good enough for the Prem at the moment and both need regular football . I thought Nachos hold up play to start with was great but he was getting no help whatsoever and as the second half went on it was getting worse .

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I didn't say he shouldn't be busting a gut, the fact is he is always going to be second fiddle.

 

its only the Uefa cup games now till Jan and he will only start them ahead of Vardy if we have qualified of Vardy isn't 100 percent

Your missing the point. If he proved in games like tonight he had a lot more to offer Rodgers would be more inclined to rest Vardy more and preserve his effectiveness given his age. Instead performances like tonight lead him to trusting Iheancho less and having to play Vardy and risk Vardy more than he'd like.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Don't know how people are so calm! Our best Chance of securing Europe again next season gone. Let's face it, winning the Europa league is a huge ask and we're not going to break the big spending 'top 6'. The FA cup is taken more serious by the bigger clubs so would be a big ask too. 

 

That was a disastrous performance and some of fringe players need a rocket up their arse! 

 

Poor all over the pitch, making 11 changes is always going to lead to a disjointed performance. I hope he takes the FA cup more seriously. 

 

 

I know its a bitter pill to swallow, but its only a tenner mate, no need to get so upset. 

 

But seriously, chances of us winning the carabou were slim even with full strength, surely you can see why we need to keep our best players fit and not injured and priorities? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

If he had a good game he would have advertised his abilities and maybe would then go. I'm not sure he has helped his prospects tonight. 

If he had a good game, people would be calling for him to start over Perez or Albrighton. Instead he proved that getting Ünder was badly needed. Gray has been a waste of a place in our squad for almost five (5!) years and I've lost patience on that showing.

 

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Thomas looked good I thought, he continues developing you'll have a very good player on your hands. KDH at almost 23 ain't ever going to even be a bit part player in a successful Leicester side.

He did OK considering who he was up against, but he didn't manage to bring anything offensively today. He will develop nicely, but he needs time and isn't ready yet, despite his promising debut last season.

KDH is a more skillful and potentially useful player than Hamza, in my opinion.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Don't get why Iheanacho gets so much stick. He wasn't great but he wasn't the worst performer. Gray can take that award.

 

As a lone striker he wasn't able to do much at all. Barely had any support. 

 

Expected more from senior players. 

Not too bothered about the loss. More important competitions to get involved in and take seriously.

He is garbage & has been since the day he got here, I said at the time Man City would never have sold him if he was any good.  I would sooner see Eppiah or Muskwe get a chance, at least they have some pace & strength

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah well, bigger fish to fry this season. We looked well organised and a few decent performances, mainly in the first half. Had we kept it 1-0 it would've been respectable, last goal was too easy.

 

Good chance for Rodgers and the Club to weigh up options as we come to the end of the transfer window.

 

Love the League Cup, but not this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus there's some doom merchants in here....

 

Let's try and be a little objective and look at what we can take away from that game.

 

1. We made 11 changes, have under to come in, Evans back from suspension, benkovic and ricardo injured, and hopefully at least a CB to come in, so that wasn't even a proper reserve 11.

 

2. Daniel Amartey played a full 90. Just seeing him back on the pitch after nearly 2 years out is huge for him. Yes he may get moved on but let's be chuffed for the lad.

 

3. Game time for madders, Wes and fuchs who are all coming back from injury. 

 

4. Gray and Hamza are still only impact players and don't do enough when starting to justify continued selection. 

 

5. KDH looked composed and confident. There's potential there.

 

6. Luke Thomas looking good again out on the left. He really needs a good loan to get some first team football this year. 

 

7. Disappointed in kelechi, needed more from him tonight but it's minutes under the belt which will be important as and when we do need him. Given the chance I think the club would look to move him on and get a replacement.

 

8. Albrighton with a typical game. Worked hard, good moments, bad moments but you can't help but always playing for the team. 

 

Overall it's a shame we lost, I'd have loved to have seen some of these players get more competitive game time but it's got to be a season of priorities and not knowing what will happen with covid means we have to utilise the squad we have and play the long game.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate losing but after seeing the team we put out, it was obvious this competition was not on the forefronts of our mind this year.

 

Disappointing performances from most players though and i did expect more. However when you change the whole 11, i guess they are hardly going to gel and play fluid football.  

 

It is what it is and i won't be losing sleep over it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shen said:

If he had a good game, people would be calling for him to start over Perez or Albrighton. Instead he proved that getting Ünder was badly needed. Gray has been a waste of a place in our squad for almost five (5!) years and I've lost patience on that showing.

 

He did OK considering who he was up against, but he didn't manage to bring anything offensively today. He will develop nicely, but he needs time and isn't ready yet, despite his promising debut last season.

KDH is a more skillful and potentially useful player than Hamza, in my opinion.

Agree with all of this apart from the KDH part. There's a reason at almost 23 he's started 1 game and has only had ten games out on loan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RobHawk said:

Jesus there's some doom merchants in here....

 

Let's try and be a little objective and look at what we can take away from that game.

 

1. We made 11 changes, have under to come in, Evans back from suspension, benkovic and ricardo injured, and hopefully at least a CB to come in, so that wasn't even a proper reserve 11.

 

2. Daniel Amartey played a full 90. Just seeing him back on the pitch after nearly 2 years out is huge for him. Yes he may get moved on but let's be chuffed for the lad.

 

3. Game time for madders, Wes and fuchs who are all coming back from injury. 

 

4. Gray and Hamza are still only impact players and don't do enough when starting to justify continued selection. 

 

5. KDH looked composed and confident. There's potential there.

 

6. Luke Thomas looking good again out on the left. He really needs a good loan to get some first team football this year. 

 

7. Disappointed in kelechi, needed more from him tonight but it's minutes under the belt which will be important as and when we do need him. Given the chance I think the club would look to move him on and get a replacement.

 

8. Albrighton with a typical game. Worked hard, good moments, bad moments but you can't help but always playing for the team. 

 

Overall it's a shame we lost, I'd have loved to have seen some of these players get more competitive game time but it's got to be a season of priorities and not knowing what will happen with covid means we have to utilise the squad we have and play the long game.

I wish I could be this positive after a loss 😩

Edited by LeeTheFox
Link to post
Share on other sites

I fail to see how we could be too annoyed at losing this. 

 

It was a very weakened team against a decent Arsenal team. I'm not going to look at this as disappointing, its a blessing... we can now concentrate on Europa League and the Prem with no worries in regards to this competition. 

 

The biggest positive is Maddison got a few more minutes 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Jesus there's some doom merchants in here....

 

Let's try and be a little objective and look at what we can take away from that game.

 

1. We made 11 changes, have under to come in, Evans back from suspension, benkovic and ricardo injured, and hopefully at least a CB to come in, so that wasn't even a proper reserve 11.

 

2. Daniel Amartey played a full 90. Just seeing him back on the pitch after nearly 2 years out is huge for him. Yes he may get moved on but let's be chuffed for the lad.

 

3. Game time for madders, Wes and fuchs who are all coming back from injury. 

 

4. Gray and Hamza are still only impact players and don't do enough when starting to justify continued selection. 

 

5. KDH looked composed and confident. There's potential there.

 

6. Luke Thomas looking good again out on the left. He really needs a good loan to get some first team football this year. 

 

7. Disappointed in kelechi, needed more from him tonight but it's minutes under the belt which will be important as and when we do need him. Given the chance I think the club would look to move him on and get a replacement.

 

8. Albrighton with a typical game. Worked hard, good moments, bad moments but you can't help but always playing for the team. 

 

Overall it's a shame we lost, I'd have loved to have seen some of these players get more competitive game time but it's got to be a season of priorities and not knowing what will happen with covid means we have to utilise the squad we have and play the long game.

Don't worry these guys will get another chance at Ulan Bator United away in the Europa League

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...