Jump to content
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal Post Match

Recommended Posts

Just now, lcfceaves said:

While we are all jumping aboard the blame game, I’d like to know who thought £12 million on Danny Ward was a good idea. He did well in the league for a couple of games in penalty shoot outs, but I’m sure he makes a mistake every time he plays? 
Jakupovic would’ve been a good enough back up surely, why spend so much on a number 2? 

It is a lot of money for a number 2. Especially back when he was signed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Crap :( I switched it off when they scored again. Did he say what the injury was? Hope it wasnt his knee. 

Abductor in his groin. Possibly come off the bone and needs an op.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bert said:

 

First game for nearly two years. Bit harsh. 
 

Glad Maddison got a decent amount of game time and looked ok. The less said about the rest the better apart from KDH who is very composed on the ball. 

Why on earth does nearly everyone seem to always find some excuse for Amartey??

He’s like some weird bloody hero on here?

Never got it, never will

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Same fcuking story, make 11 changes have so many first string players on the bench and only being able to make 3 subs, and making them in the last 20 mins when the game is already lost.

Will we ever learn and put out a first half team to get us the lead then make changes towards the end of the game.

Am I the only one that is sick of the same shit tactics .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah at his age he needs to get 100 games under his belt and quick if he wants to have any sort of decent career. At 23 most promising prospects have at least that under their belts.

 

With that in mind, choose one to keep....

KDH or Gray

 

Not trying to trick you, your comment just made my head go there!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LeeTheFox said:

I wish I could be this positive after a loss 😩

It's not about being positive, it's about being objective. There's players that played tonight that I think need to leave the club, free up some wages and allow us to.get some younger squad players in, but it's not that easy, its evolution not revolution. 

 

We have moved so far forward in the last 10 years that we have players in our reserve 11 that would have pissed all over the Holloway team that was relegated. It's easy to forget that. We might not be where we want to be, but we are moving in the right direction.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

 

With that in mind, choose one to keep....

KDH or Gray

 

Not trying to trick you, your comment just made my head go there!

Send KDH out on loan to a Championship club for a season and see how he does, he's played so little football for his age it's hard to tell what his potential is. He's not going to get regular enough football for a 23 year old at Leicester and if he doesn;t get regular football somewhere soon his career will go nowhere.

 

Gray has had enough chances and shows no sign of developing so cut your losses.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

For a modern day striker, loads more! It's not under 11s football where you get a pass just for scoring a goal!

He scored 2 in his first 3 league cup games.


He has scored winners in league games and still not started the next game.

 

As I said Premier league games Vardy will always be preferred. Look at Nachos numbers.

 

Unless Vardy is injured or not fit nacho will always be second fiddle.


after 3 years at the club and a season and half under BR its not really likely to change.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Send KDH out on loan to a Championship club for a season and see how he does, he's played so little football for his age it's hard to tell what his potential is. He's not going to get regular enough football for a 23 year old at Leicester and if he doesn;t get regular football somewhere soon he'll go nowhere.

 

Gray has had enough chances and shows no sign of developing so cut your losses.

 

Can't argue with that tbf

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HankMarvin said:

He scored 2 in his first 3 league cup games.


He has scored winners in league games and still not started the next game.

 

As I said Premier league games Vardy will always be preferred. Look at Nachos numbers.

 

Unless Vardy is injured or not fit nacho will always be second fiddle.


after 3 years at the club and a season and half under BR its not really likely to change.
 

Your digressing. Your original point about there basically being no point in Iheanacho busting a gut and trying to make an impression in these games is an absolute nonsense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't watch it so I don't know what I'm talking about but if you start 10 reserves who rarely play together they are not likely to look good.  You can judge the squad players better when you put one into the first team.

 

Unlucky to draw Arsenal so early as the competition would have been good to get experience and minutes for the likes of Thomas and KDH.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Why on earth does nearly everyone seem to always find some excuse for Amartey??

He’s like some weird bloody hero on here?

Never got it, never will

He wasn't the worst player on the pitch imo and he hasn't played a competitive game for nearly 2 years. Dunno why you have such a downer on him based on tonight tbh

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

He wasn't the worst player on the pitch imo and he hasn't played a competitive game for nearly 2 years. Dunno why you have such a downer on him based on tonight tbh

It’s not based on tonight...

The point I’m making is where does this love of Amartey stem from? He’s not very good

He’s a nice bloke apparently but he’s miles off being a Premiership footballer 

Yet the FT faithful support him whilst heavily criticizing other players consistently

Never got it

Edited by Col city fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Same fcuking story, make 11 changes have so many first string players on the bench and only being able to make 3 subs, and making them in the last 20 mins when the game is already lost.

Will we ever learn and put out a first half team to get us the lead then make changes towards the end of the game.

Am I the only one that is sick of the same shit tactics .

 

We’re in four competitions, following a pandemic with a restricted budget and need to ensure we prioritise properly. League first, Europa second and the league and FA and league cups just whatever. Tonight would have been an opportunity for some to fight for a place in the first team, and give players lacking in minutes some game time. It was basically a pretty season friendly. I’m not remotely bothered, and the fact we’ve won two premier league games with key players missing, whilst playing pretty well should soften the blow. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Your digressing. Your original point about there basically being no point in Iheanacho busting a gut and trying to make an impression in these games is an absolute nonsense.

no I’m not 

 

“Dont think BR would ever think about starting Iheanacho over Vardy, and with Maddison and Perez ahead from the CF, Cam position his only hope would be an Injury or Vardy being rested. So not much lost on his part.”

 

 

where does that say he shouldn’t bust a gut?

 

It points out that even a good performance on his part wouldnt make a difference just like history tells us.

 

So if good performances (winning goals etc) have not earned him a starting berth ahead of Vardy in the past.

A poor one makes no difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HankMarvin said:

no I’m not 

 

“Dont think BR would ever think about starting Iheanacho over Vardy, and with Maddison and Perez ahead from the CF, Cam position his only hope would be an Injury or Vardy being rested. So not much lost on his part.”

 

 

where does that say he shouldn’t bust a gut?

 

It points out that even a good performance on his part wouldnt make a difference just like history tells us.

 

So if good performances (winning goals etc) have not earned him a starting berth ahead of Vardy in the past.

A poor one makes no difference.

I'm out. Like I said, that line of argument that I've highlighted is an absolute nonsense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too bothered, a few players havent played in a while and may not be 100% match fit. However, bit concerned if we have to rely on some of the players. Our attack was awful and defence meh. 

 

Maddison and KDH were okay I thought. Kel and Gray bit disappointing. 

 

Splash some cash 🏧 💰

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

It’s not based on tonight...

The point I’m making is where does this love of Amartey stem from? He’s not very good

He’s a nice bloke apparently but he’s miles off being a Premiership footballer 

Yet the FT faithful support him whilst heavily criticizing other players consistently

Never got it

He's no Lee cattermole that's for sure.

 

We all know you hate him but I see him as a player who can play and has played well in the prem. He's not a top end player but he's certainly not as shit as you make out.

 

I don't think he does get more love than other players, I remember him having bad games and getting slagged off like any other player. The problem is when he has played well, you don't seem to be able to accept that.

 

The love for Amartey tonight is simply that after so long out, it's great to see him back on the pitch. I said the same when Matty James came back too.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...