Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal Post Match

22 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Same fcuking story, make 11 changes have so many first string players on the bench and only being able to make 3 subs, and making them in the last 20 mins when the game is already lost.

Will we ever learn and put out a first half team to get us the lead then make changes towards the end of the game.

Am I the only one that is sick of the same shit tactics .

I think you need to keep breathing and remember what your user name is

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'm out. Like I said, that line of argument that I've highlighted is an absolute nonsense.

You seem be ignoring the fact that last years match winning goals, goals in cup games etc

Did that give Rogers the confidence to go with Nacho over Vardy to give him a rest.

No

So playing badly won’t make a difference as the Manager does not have confidence  to rest Vardy with him anyway 

11 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

He's no Lee cattermole that's for sure.

We all know you hate him but I see him as a player who can play and has played well in the prem. He's not a top end player but he's certainly not as shit as you make out.

I don't think he does get more love than other players, I remember him having bad games and getting slagged off like any other player. The problem is when he has played well, you don't seem to be able to accept that.

The love for Amartey tonight is simply that after so long out, it's great to see him back on the pitch. I said the same when Matty James came back too.

No it is bizarre, it always has been

I don’t hate Amartey. I can’t ‘hate; someone I’ve never met, so don’t be silly

I’ve just said it how I see it. Like I always do. I don’t give a toss about popularity on FT. In fact, with what I sometimes read on here, I’d ‘hate’ to think I’m associated with it. 

What I don’t get is how so many posters seem to ‘excuse’ Amartey, even when he’s played absolutely fookin terribly, whilst putting players like Chilwell’s life through Hell, even at the ground? 
There’s no consistency. 
The next one will be Perez..in fact it’s started already. He’s ‘fair game’ for some reason, when Amartey seemingly isn’t?

Perplexes me

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Same fcuking story, make 11 changes have so many first string players on the bench and only being able to make 3 subs, and making them in the last 20 mins when the game is already lost.

Will we ever learn and put out a first half team to get us the lead then make changes towards the end of the game.

Am I the only one that is sick of the same shit tactics .

There's always next year:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

There's always next year:ph34r:

what was the clapping about when the second goal went in

Look rodgers is a excellent coach but deep down lingering doubts remain.

it seems like only one way of playing the whole time pass pass pass, there is never a plan b.

Edited by twister

Must be very difficult to motivate yourself knowing you're going to be back on the bench next w/e. Much of the team tonight is too old or not good enough. Think this is the same situation for all clubs though. Only players I would keep for the future are Thomas and KDH. Sell the rest if possible.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve just said it how I see it. Like I always do. I don’t give a toss about popularity on FT. In fact, with what I sometimes read on here, I’d ‘hate’ to think I’m associated with it. 

What I don’t get is how so many posters seem to ‘excuse’ Amartey, even when he’s played absolutely fookin terribly, whilst putting players like Chilwell’s life through Hell, even at the ground? 
There’s no consistency. 
The next one will be Perez..in fact it’s started already. He’s ‘fair game’ for some reason, when Amartey seemingly isn’t?

Perplexes me

Well you don't help yourself, You said he's a million miles away from being a premiership footballer which is clearly bollocks. He may be average, but he is a premiership footballer and there's a reason a lower premier League are interested in him.

Your hyperbole is as bad as any you are complaining about and completely detracts from any validity to your argument and does come across as much as a hatred as those twats abusing chilwell or Perez.

I wasn’t to disappointed. We made 11 changes and ran out of steam. The goal keeper could do better with stand second goal & poor distribution all night,the first one was lucky. 

I think it shows the that we need more depth. 

Just now, Long Eaton Fox said:

Must be very difficult to motivate yourself knowing you're going to be back on the bench next w/e. Much of the team tonight is too old or not good enough. Think this is the same situation for all clubs though. Only players I would keep for the future are Thomas and KDH. Sell the rest if possible.

Thomas with some coaching has a future, hamza is still useful. but lets be real albrightons legs are half what they were two years ago. Morgan did a job tonight but he cant be asked to play that often unless the team plays a back five.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There’s no consistency. 

Perplexes me

What's perplexing about giving some leeway to a player making his first start in two years?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, stu said:

Whilst technically true, I believe the winners of the league cup this year don’t qualify for the Europa League, they qualify for the new third tier European competition which starts from next season, so in reality it’s not as bad as it seems Europe wise.

Still a European competition, which leads to Europa qualification the year after if we're successful. 

2 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Well you don't help yourself, You said he's a million miles away from being a premiership footballer which is clearly bollocks. He may be average, but he is a premiership footballer and there's a reason a lower premier League are interested in him.

Your hyperbole is as bad as any you are complaining about and completely detracts from any validity to your argument and does come across as much as a hatred as those twats abusing chilwell or Perez.

I’m not looking to ‘help myself’ ffs... 😄

That implies I’m bothered??

You don’t realize the bulk of this is a wind up so chumps like yourself get all hot under the collar?

You’ll be happy now I guess anyway. The injury to Ndidi will mean the Amartey to Fulham deal is dead I fear.

2 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Still a European competition, which leads to Europa qualification the year after if we're successful. 

So play our strongest 11 (with the risk that any could get injured) so there's a chance that we could play in a competition next season which if we win we could then play in Europa the season after and then if we win that we're there in the champions league. All at the risk of an injury to one of our key players and based on today's performance letting a 2nd string player take his place? Yep... Perfect sense 

Edited by hejammy
1 hour ago, hejammy said:

I know its a bitter pill to swallow, but its only a tenner mate, no need to get so upset. 

But seriously, chances of us winning the carabou were slim even with full strength, surely you can see why we need to keep our best players fit and not injured and priorities? 

Of course I do. But at this stage, we've not got Europa League games yet. Our first 11 could do with the fitness after a strange preseason and we really could do with as many ways into Europe being open as possible. If we mess up the Europa League now and fall short of 6th we'll really struggle to draw the quality of signings we need to push on next season. 

Just now, hejammy said:

So play our strongest 11 (with the risk that 1 could get injured) so there's a chance that we could play in a competition next season which if we win we could then play in Europa the season after and then if we win that we're there in the champions league. All at the risk of an injury to one of our key players and based on today's performance letting a 2nd string player take his place? Yep... Perfect sense 

We need to be aiming to do well in all competitions. You could say you are risking injury of players playing them in any game :dunno:.

We've currently not got a back log of games and going out of a cup in the first round (we play) is poor. I'd argue that the first team would actually benefit from having two games a week right now, it'll build their fitness levels ready for when we're playing two games a week every week November onwards. 

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You don’t realize the bulk of this is a wind up so chumps like yourself get all hot under the collar?

You’ll be happy now I guess anyway. The injury to Ndidi will mean the Amartey to Fulham deal is dead I fear.

Think it was better when you were quieter like over the last year or two

Just now, Col city fan said:

Not hot under the collar at all col. Not sure why you would suggest that. I'm also no chump, but I guess you know that anyway hence why you started to get personal.

The don't help yourself comment is purely in response to you saying you don't hate him. Which you may not but that's not how it comes across.

I think Amartey should leave, he's not good enough for where we are or where we are aiming for and after so long out and the age he is, he needs more games than what we can offer him.

I only commented on your post as I've specifically commented that it was good to see him back on the pitch. But hey, your king wum and I'm some chump who rose to the bait - just keep telling yourself that anyway 👍

1 minute ago, RobHawk said:

Not hot under the collar at all col. Not sure why you would suggest that. I'm also no chump, but I guess you know that anyway hence why you started to get personal.

The don't help yourself comment is purely in response to you saying you don't hate him. Which you may not but that's not how it comes across.

I think Amartey should leave, he's not good enough for where we are or where we are aiming for and after so long out and the age he is, he needs more games than what we can offer him.

I only commented on your post as I've specifically commented that it was good to see him back on the pitch. But hey, your king wum and I'm some chump who rose to the bait - just keep telling yourself that anyway 👍

That’s better buddy.. I think we finally agree on Big Dan. 
However, I doubt he’s going anywhere what with Wilf and the nasty injury. We’re both City fans so we’ll both have to hope if Amartey does play, he’s good enough.

Same as with all the other players..was my point..

1 hour ago, NewEnglandFox said:

These were the players that are supposed to help us out when we play the extra 6 europa group stage games. And it should give us no confidence looking forward to that. So i wouldn't call this game a distraction as much I would say it's a preview of what's to come.                                                

We are talking about integrating the odd player, not changing 11 players at a time. 

Nobody did themselves any favours but come on, be realistic people. 

If we dont get another immediate First team/Bench central striker,if we dont get in Another central defender...Then reaching higher than 12-9, would Surprise me...

I expect Vardy & our CBs to get Knocks/Yellow cards and Miss games,

If we have long Time injuries in those areas....we are lost as far as being competitive is concerned in any of the other 3 competitions...

Gray/Nacho/Maddison Triangle didnt impress in creation & conversion chances...

We really arent bad,but far Off being competitive at that highest level....Its the cover,the fringe that gives Top teams their strength and consistent going-power..!!

If Maybe that we have to be financially prudent in This Corona hit Full season,if so then I want to see more Trust/ Bench time given occasionally to 3-4

young players...

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

Some people in this forum would of had Morgan starting at centre back in Evans absence these first few games. They are nuts.

It must have been tough holding back that "I told you so" for a whole 2 matches. 

I'm proud of ya kid 😂