Jump to content
moore_94

Football Manager 2021

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Beliall said:

They didnt put that back? i like to use it when i miss a goal because im in the tactics screen or whatever. 

I tend to pause the game if I'm in the tactics screen. I don't go into the tactics screen mid-game unless I absolutely have to, so when I do I tend to be in there for so long that I'd miss an entire half if I didn't pause it!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I tend to pause the game if I'm in the tactics screen. I don't go into the tactics screen mid-game unless I absolutely have to, so when I do I tend to be in there for so long that I'd miss an entire half if I didn't pause it!!

time slows to real time when you're viewing tactics

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right... potentially being stupud. I've just moved from Rennes to Leeds second season. 


Every single transfer listed player who I might want to sign is showing as 'Cannot be registered for Premier League until 1/1/2022 (IE, the next window)


Any ideas? The transfer window is open...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Right... potentially being stupud. I've just moved from Rennes to Leeds second season. 


Every single transfer listed player who I might want to sign is showing as 'Cannot be registered for Premier League until 1/1/2022 (IE, the next window)


Any ideas? The transfer window is open...

Is your squad full or already been submitted?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Right... potentially being stupud. I've just moved from Rennes to Leeds second season. 


Every single transfer listed player who I might want to sign is showing as 'Cannot be registered for Premier League until 1/1/2022 (IE, the next window)


Any ideas? The transfer window is open...

has a brexit happened? check  the league rules

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

has a brexit happened? check  the league rules

Yeah it's the same for any transfer not just transfer listed.... ah.... i'm a bit ****ed now lol 

 

Nothing to do with Brexit though and nothing in the rules about it. Very confusing!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, AjcW said:

**** knows what's going on with this game lol think i'm going to have to start a new save... was wondering why I was playing Southampton reserves first game of the season

 

2119262998_Screenshot2020-11-25at00_18_08.thumb.png.1cadd8ad59c97a8c8115b11ce3eab6e1.png

wow, did you start this after the day one patch or during the beta?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Beliall said:

wow, did you start this after the day one patch or during the beta?

It's a game carried over from the Beta to be fair because I was enjoying it lol 

 

I saved and reloaded and all seems fine now...... such a shame I had to beat their reserves 4-0 first lol 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/11/2020 at 13:44, Dan LCFC said:

There are too many "if it ain't broke" instances in this game. I just cannot fathom why they've got rid of the match timeline. Is it for speed purposes?

Took up too much screen space mainly. We wanted the match to feel more immersive and in-situ, but a big time line bar made it feel more like music software than a football match.

 

You can still rewind and skip back via the drop-down button next to the play/pause button or by clicking on the time on the Notable Events list.

 

We are also looking into bringing back the timelime for after the match has finished.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Took up too much screen space mainly. We wanted the match to feel more immersive and in-situ, but a big time line bar made it feel more like music software than a football match.

 

You can still rewind and skip back via the drop-down button next to the play/pause button or by clicking on the time on the Notable Events list.

 

We are also looking into bringing back the timelime for after the match has finished.

Surely user experience is ultimately more important the 'feel'?

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Surely user experience is ultimately more important the 'feel'?

It is about user experience though. So in my personal opinion I don't miss it and the match engine looks fantastic this year. There's also still an option to view timeline if you want to.

 

Can't keep everyone happy but first few comments in here have been about how good the Match Engine is this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It is about user experience though. So in my personal opinion I don't miss it and the match engine looks fantastic this year. There's also still an option to view timeline if you want to.

 

Can't keep everyone happy but first few comments in here have been about how good the Match Engine is this year.

I'm not sure how much difference it makes to the performance of the match engine? The match engine is great, the match interface feels like a small step back to me.

I'm missing the timeline hugely, where's the option to view it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

I'm not sure how much difference it makes to the performance of the match engine? The match engine is great, the match interface feels like a small step back to me.

I'm missing the timeline hugely, where's the option to view it?

Sorry I meant the variation of it in the rewind drop down.


It took up so much space though, and now almost all of the screen is the game, which surely is the most important thing?

 

Like I say though can you imagine how much of a nightmare it is for FM to keep us all happy lol i'd say though that if you did a poll of FM users the majority would be on the side of ditching the TL... however we all have our own quirks in the way we like to play the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Took up too much screen space mainly. We wanted the match to feel more immersive and in-situ, but a big time line bar made it feel more like music software than a football match.

 

You can still rewind and skip back via the drop-down button next to the play/pause button or by clicking on the time on the Notable Events list.

 

We are also looking into bringing back the timelime for after the match has finished.

Cheers. I'm still not sure I really agree with it, personally didn't feel like it took up too much at all and found it a quite useful tool.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the changes overall. seems odd to say you removed it becaue it was taking up too much space, wheen the new player bar at the bottom takes up 5x as much as the timeline did, but i guess with both it would look cluttered, and i love then new bottom bar more, however, a button to view goals would be really nice

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not played for a few days but one thing I struggled with was finding the latest scores of other games during a match. I could find them at half time and full time but not during 

you can change whats in the boxes that display during text highlights, but youcant have them displayed on an overlay anymore. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...