Jump to content
BigWesMorgan

Post Match Thread - Man City (A)

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, SO1 said:

Is this guy a moron or what. Handed hundreds of millions of pounds and world class players. Practically any one he wants. And he complains about us. Maybe someday he'll actually have a tenth of his budget and have to try and build a team that competes in the most difficult league in the world. Week after week. Talk about having things handed to you on a Golden platter.

Hear hear! I’m glad to see his arrogance showing himself up. He’s such a bad loser and is rarely complimentary - when Kompany scored that screamer to win them the title he was extremely disrespectful to us even though we played very well and had that Nacho chance late on. 
 

Playing against the counter attack is frustrating and we know what it’s like ourselves as plenty of teams do it to us too. But he’s got one of the best budgets in the league to sort it. They went one up in this game early on from a world class goal scored by a player they signed from us! 

 

It says it all that after 400m spent they conceded three penalties from three separate players who each made the same basic mistake. 
 

Glorious salty tears!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I am the General of the "told ya so..Devils brigade"...

Nice feeling being an Happy clapper...My W.Chair went in a spin, & did 5 wheelies....!!!

I'm visualising a herbie goes bananas/chitty chitty bang bang version of your wheelchair, with a mind of its own 🤣🤣🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

The missus watched the Man City documentary with me a few months ago (she's got a bit of a thing for Pep). She knows just how good De Bruyne is. Ten minutes from time she said, "I've not seen the blond one at all". I told her that he was playing. She said, "I know, I've just not seen him do anything."

 

Testament to the job we did on one of the best players in the world. Mendy and Youri didn't give him an inch and Man City suffered.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There was no ‘switch’ yesterday

We set out with a game-plan, suffered an early wonder goal, then the plan unfolded and we won

Again, it shows... watch the game, give it time and don’t be too rushed to give it up too soon.

Anyone really watching yesterday ( as opposed to posting on here every five minutes) would have seen we spurned a couple of good opportunities quite early on

Defensively they were WIDE open and this was clear pretty much from the start.

In the opening 25/30 minutes? No don't think so.

 

We had all 11 men behind the ball and were extremely press-shy.

 

After we weathered that storm we gained confidence from a couple of counter attacks that should have surmounted to more (Barnes tackled by Garcia following long Tielemans pass and Justin passing in between Vardy and Barnes to Ake) and of course the goal that came about from brave play from Mendy (the type of turn that if he was tackled we would have been ****ed).

 

Following from that we pressed Man City in everything they did and they couldn't handle it.

 

Praet, Tielemans, Mendy and the two full backs were positionally superb in their pressing and off the ball running.

 

We won the game because we deviated from the tactics used in the opening half hour, not because we continued with them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There was no ‘switch’ yesterday

We set out with a game-plan, suffered an early wonder goal, then the plan unfolded and we won

Again, it shows... watch the game, give it time and don’t be too rushed to give it up too soon.

Anyone really watching yesterday ( as opposed to posting on here every five minutes) would have seen we spurned a couple of good opportunities quite early on

Defensively they were WIDE open and this was clear pretty much from the start.

Did I say that there was a 'switch'? No. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

In the opening 25/30 minutes? No don't think so.

 

We had all 11 men behind the ball and were extremely press-shy.

 

After we weathered that storm we gained confidence from a couple of counter attacks that should have surmounted to more (Barnes tackled by Garcia following long Tielemans pass and Justin passing in between Vardy and Barnes to Ake) and of course the goal that came about from brave play from Mendy (the type of turn that if he was tackled we would have been ****ed).

 

Following from that we pressed Man City in everything they did and they couldn't handle it.

 

Praet, Tielemans, Mendy and the two full backs were positionally superb in their pressing and off the ball running.

 

We won the game because we deviated from the tactics used in the opening half hour, not because we continued with them.

Don’t agree

We didn’t deviate, the plan unfolded. We gained confidence in it (by seeing we could hit on the counter) and the rest was history 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Don’t agree

We didn’t deviate, the plan unfolded. We gained confidence in it (by seeing we could hit on the counter) and the rest was history 

This is it. There was two or three times in the first half before we scored where we opened them up down the left with Barnes. Better control, touch and or decision making and we’d have been in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

There was no ‘switch’ yesterday

We set out with a game-plan, suffered an early wonder goal, then the plan unfolded and we won

Again, it shows... watch the game, give it time and don’t be too rushed to give it up too soon.

Anyone really watching yesterday ( as opposed to posting on here every five minutes) would have seen we spurned a couple of good opportunities quite early on

Defensively they were WIDE open and this was clear pretty much from the start.

Loving this new holier than thou persona Col. Not like you've ever been involved in match threads talking out your arse lol

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lineker's Lugs said:

Glorious result.  Vardy's pens used to worry me - he just used to blast them and it seemed a bit random if he'd score or not.  Now, he's far more precise and I have complete confidence in them.  If anyone can can discover the secret of eternal youth I'll pay them a king's ransom to only reveal it to Jamie, thought it seems he might know it anyway.

 

Not sure if I should be surprised or not that no pundit has likened his second today to the goal v Germany. You'd think they would see the parallels but no.  Further evidence they are all stealing a living.

 

So happy for Mendy too, and great to see Amartey back and putting in a solid performance, suspect it will be him and Cäglar v West Ham.  

I thought this. Not even Gary Neville who was on the England coaching staff that night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Why get personal fella? What he said was right on this occasion. None of us is always right.

Its not personal in the slightest. @Col city fan has always been one of my favourite posters. We all talk out of our arse at some point. lol

 

It's fine saying it was right last night, no arguments there but it's fair to say the first 20 minutes we looked poor and could've conceded another which would've taken the game away from us

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

So, what was our shape in the 2nd half?

 

The second coming of Daniel Amartey appeared to be in a sort of right half position when we had goal kicks, and just in general play really, with some success. Was he the CB that pushed into midfield when we had the ball, or what?

 

I struggled to work it out. Not that it matters as much as the result.

Was just on goal kicks from what I noticed. Brendan was keen to mention we were going a little more direct from goal kicks so I think the idea was for him to just step up for those and give us an option to win the ball with no real height in midfield or forwards.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Its not personal in the slightest. @Col city fan has always been one of my favourite posters. We all talk out of our arse at some point. lol

 

It's fine saying it was right last night, no arguments there but it's fair to say the first 20 minutes we looked poor and could've conceded another which would've taken the game away from us

Could have, would have, agreed. But didn't. We were pressed back, sure, but I suspect it was a response to what happened last time, and perhaps there was an instruction to wait and see. Who knows, but it became apparent to me fairly quickly that things were going to be ok.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Hales said:

Noticed pep pinging that elastic band on his wrist frantically at one point, that is one very stressed out man!

Yeah, but it's a measure of the man that he has already developed a strategy to deal with us next time we meet.

Apparently unless we let them score more he's gonna take the ball back & tell his mum.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...