Jump to content
Blue and white

September Goal of the Month

September Goal of the Month  

279 members have voted

  1. 1. Best strike?

    • Praet vs Burnley
      12
    • Vardy vs Man City
      186
    • Maddison vs Man City
      81


Recommended Posts

The topic says "best goal" = Vardy (exquisite finish to an orgasmic sequence).

 

But the poll question asks "best strike?" = matter of taste between Praet (hitting the dime to beat the keeper near side) and Maddison (what a curl).

 

Had to abstain  :ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites

A tough one for me.

 

I loved Vardy's goal but there was an element of just get something on it and hope it goes in, at that speed it could have gone anywhere brilliant improvisation but an element of luck that Maddison didn't need.

 

The build up to Maddison's goal was also a nice passing move but to find the space and strike the ball that well is pure class.

 

Maddison for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Captain... said:

A tough one for me.

 

I loved Vardy's goal but there was an element of just get something on it and hope it goes in, at that speed it could have gone anywhere brilliant improvisation but an element of luck that Maddison didn't need.

 

The build up to Maddison's goal was also a nice passing move but to find the space and strike the ball that well is pure class.

 

Maddison for me.

That's how good it was though, in addition to the build up that preceded it. He's executed it perfectly which sums up the move and goal. 

 

It's good that we're spoilt for choice though, regardless. Some fantastic goals to pick from.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Captain... said:

A tough one for me.

 

I loved Vardy's goal but there was an element of just get something on it and hope it goes in, at that speed it could have gone anywhere brilliant improvisation but an element of luck that Maddison didn't need.

 

The build up to Maddison's goal was also a nice passing move but to find the space and strike the ball that well is pure class.

 

Maddison for me.

That’s what the best players do though, it just goes in.

The fact he already did it vs Germany all those years ago actually argues it’s not luck really at all.

You could argue Maddison’s was luck because how often does he shank that over the bar?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 Cracking Goals but for me it's Vardy because of the inventiveness. It was slightly behind him and he still made something happen.

Maddisons was excellent in its execution. He knew what he was trying and delivered.

Praet. Proved again that he's an excellent striker of the Ball and gave the keeper no chance with shear Power.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

That’s what the best players do though, it just goes in.

The fact he already did it vs Germany all those years ago actually argues it’s not luck really at all.

You could argue Maddison’s was luck because how often does he shank that over the bar?

I would say the Germany goal was a lot more deliberate and controlled. Vardy did brilliantly to get in front of the defender and get any sort of clean contact with the ball, but for it to squeeze past Ederson was in part luck, he couldn't place it or direct it with any real control.

 

Maddison was in complete control of the situation and yes he's missed a few like that but that just goes to show how good a strike it was.

 

It's just my opinion but Maddison is the better goal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can it be all 3 ?

 

Praet oozed Quality popping it in the Top corner 

Maddison you knew where it was going to end up when he kicked it which was One of his best 

And 
Vardys was just a cheeky piece of pure Quality !!

 

So I can’t really choose one all 3 will have to win it !! 

Edited by justfoxes
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Captain... said:

I would say the Germany goal was a lot more deliberate and controlled. Vardy did brilliantly to get in front of the defender and get any sort of clean contact with the ball, but for it to squeeze past Ederson was in part luck, he couldn't place it or direct it with any real control.

 

Maddison was in complete control of the situation and yes he's missed a few like that but that just goes to show how good a strike it was.

 

It's just my opinion but Maddison is the better goal.

My opinion is Vardys was the better goal, firstly due to technical ability and improvisation but also due to the moment in the game. The best goals for me are goals at big moments, 3-1 up with 10-15 mins to go, not as crucial. Big players score in big moments.


I see why someone would disagree and prefer the Maddison goal but what I don’t get is the opinion that ‘Vardys was a bit lucky’ any more so than any goal. Vardy scores there more often than nearly anyone in world football.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For all round team play and an audacious finish i will go with Vardy. JV gets the plaudits for the outrageous back heel flick over the keeper but it was everything that made it possible that makes it a great goal. JJ pressing their defence into a hurried clearance, Amartey his reading of the situation and anticipating where the ball was going followed up with a lovely little cushioned header to YT. The quick interchange with Castagne, did anyone spot Praets running off the ball which created the space for Youri to pick his pass, and what a pass it was. Once again Timmy showing what a great signing he is with his pace to get in behind and awareness of Vardys run. Jamies quick thinking, knowing that if he had tried to take the ball straight on would not have given him the angle.  The best part of it was we made it look simple but it was far from it. If that had been scored by MC or Liverpool we would be seeing re-runs of it non stop and Carragher and co would have been spaffing over it for months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

My opinion is Vardys was the better goal, firstly due to technical ability and improvisation but also due to the moment in the game. The best goals for me are goals at big moments, 3-1 up with 10-15 mins to go, not as crucial. Big players score in big moments.


I see why someone would disagree and prefer the Maddison goal but what I don’t get is the opinion that ‘Vardys was a bit lucky’ any more so than any goal. Vardy scores there more often than nearly anyone in world football.

Fair point about the goals timing, but my point about luck is even assuming Vardy flicked the ball exactly where he wanted it to go, which I doubt, Vardy couldn't see Ederson, he couldn't deliberately flick it past Ederson he just had to flick it on target and hope for the best. If Ederson hadn't done a star fish and just stood there he probably would have saved it. It was still an audacious flick and a brilliant bit of improvisation and deserves all the praise it gets.

 

Maddison saw where Ederson was and stuck it out of his reach no luck pure skill, that just edges above Vardy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...