Jump to content
waylander

Rodgers due respect

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

I have one worry about Rodgers and that’s the Chelsea Job, he has a good history with Chelsea being a coach there and still has friends at the club, he owns a property near the training centre and knows the club top to bottom, now they would have to pay him silly money to go there and even then I can’t see him leaving us in next few years but if Lampard gets sacked at end of season (as I suspect he will be) then Rodgers and the German sacked at PSG will become favourites to replace him 

 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

One thing we have in our favour is Chelsea readiness to sack a manager. 

 

BR would probably think, how long will I get.

 

If they can sack a Chelsea Legend after 18-24 months, what chances has anyone else got.

That's why I'm sure he wont take the job(if offered) unless he feels he has every chance of success there.

He has the experience to see where the minefields are. Still don't see him leaving here as long as he feels he can take the club higher. The 3 year mark is usually when sucessful managers make the break.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest threat would be Rodgers not coming out publically and stating he is 100% commited to Leicester.

Anything else causes unrest between the fans and more importantly players.

 

The media would be all over it too.

 

But lets not get fixated on what might not ever happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

One thing we have in our favour is Chelsea readiness to sack a manager. 

 

BR would probably think, how long will I get.

 

If they can sack a Chelsea Legend after 18-24 months, what chances has anyone else got.

 

Also a lot of quality managers out of work Tuchel, Allegri.

We've not been slow to sack managers ourselves. Plus if Chelsea did sack him they'd have to keep paying him an extortionate salary until he got another job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

One thing we have in our favour is Chelsea readiness to sack a manager. 

 

BR would probably think, how long will I get.

 

If they can sack a Chelsea Legend after 18-24 months, what chances has anyone else got.

 

Also a lot of quality managers out of work Tuchel, Allegri.

 

Rodgers wouldn't get the sack here unless we drop to mid table mediocrity 10th-ish. That's the standards for the club now. Being mid table with this group of players would be seen as unacceptable by both  fans and club

 There'd be total meltdown on here if we were wbere Wolves are now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Koke said:

 

Rodgers wouldn't get the sack here unless we drop to mid table mediocrity 10th-ish. That's the standards for the club now. Being mid table with this group of players would be seen as unacceptable by both  fans and club

 There'd be total meltdown on here if we were wbere Wolves are now. 

I mean't if he went to Chelsea

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We've not been slow to sack managers ourselves. 

I think we probably have. Puel coukl've gone at any point from August until he did go, Ranieri was possibly a couple of months later due to the season before, Shakespeare should never have been appointed though.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There’s an article in the Athletic which suggested Rodgers had burned some bridges at Chelsea and annoyed some of their hierarchy during his time at Liverpool. 

Good. Screw the plastics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SO1 said:

 

That's why I'm sure he wont take the job(if offered) unless he feels he has every chance of success there.

He has the experience to see where the minefields are. Still don't see him leaving here as long as he feels he can take the club higher. The 3 year mark is usually when sucessful managers make the break.

I get it's just opinions but there's no chance in hell Rodgers knocks back the Chelsea job if offered it, in my opinion.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There’s an article in the Athletic which suggested Rodgers had burned some bridges at Chelsea and annoyed some of their hierarchy during his time at Liverpool. 

I'd cast doubt on how true that was, Chelsea were happy to send us players on loan when Rodgers was Celtic manager. Liverpool on the other hand knocked him back numerous times when he tried to get players on loan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd cast doubt on how true that was, Chelsea were happy to send us players on loan when Rodgers was Celtic manager. Liverpool on the other hand knocked him back numerous times when he tried to get players on loan.

Maybe Liverpool just didn't want those players to go out at that point

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd cast doubt on how true that was, Chelsea were happy to send us players on loan when Rodgers was Celtic manager. Liverpool on the other hand knocked him back numerous times when he tried to get players on loan.

Chelsea sent one player, Musonda and then got pretty annoyed he only played four games. Cut a 18 month loan short by 12 months 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Chelsea sent one player, Musonda and then got pretty annoyed he only played four games. Cut a 18 month loan short by 12 months 

Yeah they still sent the player that's the point I made. Given the wages he was on Celtic were quite happy to send him back too.

 

Anyway, it's all largely irrelevant, if Ambramovich likes him then he'll go for him, that's how it works at Chelsea. Same at Celtic with Desmond and other clubs who have one guy who can call the shots if they like.

Link to post
Share on other sites

His post match interview totally sums up Brendan 

 

"We want to be a team that, year on year, can get European football," said Rodgers.

"Our job is, can we disrupt the hierarchy? We might not financially - we don't have the finances to go and get that £70m, £80m, £90m player - but we can in a football way."

Leicester featured in the Champions League places for the majority of the 2019-20 campaign and were third when the season was suspended in March but faded after the restart to finish fifth.

"My ambition is to get into Europe again and for us to progress," added Rodgers, whose side topped their Europa League group to reach the last 32.

 

 

it’s simple 

 

1) let him control the football side 

2) let him continue to improve the club 

3) ensure he has a platform to compete 

4) match his passion 

6) pay him well 

 

Then he is going no where, while we do that and improve he will stay 

 

it’s all about ambition 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

i was listening to 606 the other night and a celtic fan was on, and he mentioned that the relationship between the celtic board and BR broke down because they wouldn't back him in the transfer market and that's where it all fell apart (our celtic friend probably has more insight on this). interestingly one of the two players this fan said the board wouldn't sign was James Justin! i know this isn't his thread, but that kid is some player!

 

like a few posts have said, let him control the team and back him and he doesn't need to look anywhere else yet.

 

i do think he has a finite time with us, but through natural progression of the team and his style. no one really does 20 years at one club anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

His post match interview totally sums up Brendan 

 

"We want to be a team that, year on year, can get European football," said Rodgers.

"Our job is, can we disrupt the hierarchy? We might not financially - we don't have the finances to go and get that £70m, £80m, £90m player - but we can in a football way."

Leicester featured in the Champions League places for the majority of the 2019-20 campaign and were third when the season was suspended in March but faded after the restart to finish fifth.

"My ambition is to get into Europe again and for us to progress," added Rodgers, whose side topped their Europa League group to reach the last 32.

 

 

it’s simple 

 

1) let him control the football side 

2) let him continue to improve the club 

3) ensure he has a platform to compete 

4) match his passion 

6) pay him well 

 

Then he is going no where, while we do that and improve he will stay 

 

it’s all about ambition 

...the club has more than enough ambition....see what they have built!!!

  Rodgers comments are no more what you would expect from any manager in his position.

 All six of your points are already accounted for.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The only sweetener in BR ever leaving would be the chance of a return of Big Nige. 

I love what Big Nige did for us, but surely that would be a retrograde step?  Brendan isn’t perfect - believes his own hype a bit much, but he is very likely the best manager we could have right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...