Jump to content
waylander

Rodgers due respect

Recommended Posts

Why not stay and build us into the big team we’re close to becoming?

 

Spurs?  Levy won’t sack Jose and pay him out - can’t see it. Squad is utter shite and needs a rebuild from ground up. Kane will probably leave. Just cannot see anything other than Man City or Utd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Why not stay and build us into the big team we’re close to becoming?

 

Spurs?  Levy won’t sack Jose and pay him out - can’t see it. Squad is utter shite and needs a rebuild from ground up. Kane will probably leave. Just cannot see anything other than Man City or Utd. 

Think I read it would cost Spurs £15m to sack Mourinho. It would take £20m for any club to take Rodgers from us (pretty sure that’s the clause in his new contract) so that’s £35m just on managers... can’t see it!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oxtonfox said:

It will cost Daniel Levi a fortune to pay off Mourinho and he is already filling Bale's wallet with £2m a month  for modest returns. I think we're safe for a season or so before Brendan becomes a prize we can't keep  

Yes, Spurs have bigger issues these days. Levy has found himself in a bit of a hole with a new stadium & covid, not to mention Jose needs to go but they can't afford to pay him off.

They can't afford the "cheese room" let alone Brendan.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

What makes people think that Rodgers wants to leave us.

He has a fantastic YOUNG side that is growing into a fantastic young squad. In coming years we could be in the position of a regular, title, cup and champs league competitor.

He has the option to help grow a team and club that may make history...all with somewhat less pressure than if he was to go to an internationally recognisable club.

Leicester City could be on the cusp of greatness, the players manager and club can surely see this and would be crazy to walk away from it.

I concur, I might get shot down in absolute flames here but I think Rodgers & Leicester could conceivably be Ferguson & United or Wenger & Arsenal (earlier years).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say it's out of the question. The thing is he's been around the block enough to know the grass isn't always greener. He would absolutely be tempted by a Chelsea or a Man United or even Man City. But...

- Chelsea is a ridiculously poisoned chalice
- Man City means following Pep and means the expectation of winning Champs League/ premier league

Yes, he might get the money and the big budget but there's a lot that comes with that. 

Realistically - if he stays with us, he gets relative control, a supportive fanbase with (mostly) realistic expectations, less pressure and owners that can really buy in to what he wants. If he puts our name on a trophy here, he becomes on par with Ranieri and O'Neill. He also has a realistic chance of doing that. 

I can see him trying to get a cup or something, then going. He'll have proved he can win and that turns heads. I also wouldn't be surprised if he's tempted by Spain. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I look at Barcelona as the sort of club he will join next. All the players at the club have improved Barnes has the potential to be a world class actually we have a lot of players that could step up to that level which is very exciting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He must be Thu king of what could be achieved next season.  Injuries have derailed us this year but we have done well.  If the squad can be kept together and a couple of judicious signings made, we could be contenders for the league.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It strikes me as though he prefers to build up a team rather then buy a team. This philosophy won't fit all clubs (especially Chelsea), I'm not saying he will never leave us but we are a good match and it's clearly showing.. if he stays another year or 2, I honestly think we could be title contenders. If some fat lad from Sileby can see that, then I'm sure he can.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ranieri did the impossible, won the league and was sacked the following season. All managers know they are just a run of bad results away from the sack. It doesn't make sense to be overly loyal, the club won't be loyal to you. If a better offer comes along he'd be stupid to ignore it.

Edited by Webbo
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Ranieri did the impossible, won the league and was sacked the following season. All managers know they are just a run of bad results away from the sack. It doesn't make sense to be overly loyal, the club won't be loyal to you. If a better offer comes along he'd be stupid to ignore it.

Neither will the fans in most cases. 
They wanted Ranieri out by and Large, they wanted Pearson out at various stages by and large. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ranieri was unique in that we all expected a drop off but the drop was so big that...well...we all remember.
 

Rodgers is building something and his signings reflect that. Fofana, Castagne, Praet and making Youri a permanent transfer. Only Perez stands out. Those are all good signings and Perez is far from our worst - it's just the fee that makes him look bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Ranieri was unique in that we all expected a drop off but the drop was so big that...well...we all remember.
 

Rodgers is building something and his signings reflect that. Fofana, Castagne, Praet and making Youri a permanent transfer. Only Perez stands out. Those are all good signings and Perez is far from our worst - it's just the fee that makes him look bad.

The point still stands though, loyalty in football is rarer than rocking horse shit. From all angles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he might stay until he feels he can take us as far as he can, and the only reason I see him leaving before that is if the relationship with the board becomes frayed.  At the moment there is no evidence or rumours of that type floating about in the ether! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ozleicester said:

What makes people think that Rodgers wants to leave us.

He has a fantastic YOUNG side that is growing into a fantastic young squad. In coming years we could be in the position of a regular, title, cup and champs league competitor.

He has the option to help grow a team and club that may make history...all with somewhat less pressure than if he was to go to an internationally recognisable club.

Leicester City could be on the cusp of greatness, the players manager and club can surely see this and would be crazy to walk away from it.

Great post

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

 

Given how well we've done so far this season (especially with the backdrop of all the injuries and the extra European games) perhaps in future some fans might express a little less knee jerking and a touch more patience with a longer term outlook.

I hope you’re right but I’d wager that three bad results in a row and they would begin to surface.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

 

Given how well we've done so far this season (especially with the backdrop of all the injuries and the extra European games) perhaps in future some fans might express a little less knee jerking and a touch more patience with a longer term outlook.

Human beings have a track record of not learning from their mistakes, so I doubt it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

 

Given how well we've done so far this season (especially with the backdrop of all the injuries and the extra European games) perhaps in future some fans might express a little less knee jerking and a touch more patience with a longer term outlook.

We live in hope. 😝🤪

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/02/2021 at 22:23, NeilLCFC said:

Wilf is a BEAST! 🦁

 

12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Human beings have a track record of not learning from their mistakes, so I doubt it.

Now that is very deep. For this forum . 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...