Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SpacedX

Things that you have done that most people probably haven't

Lots of things I guess.

- Travelled across Lake Victoria and down lake Kivu

- Taken the bus down the western side of Tanzania, 24 hours on a dust road, and got into a fight with a drunk who was beating up a waitress

- Worked (long and short term) in some highly risky places, when they were either just out of war or it was just simmering, such as Liberia, South Sudan, Eastern DRC, Burundi, Rwanda, and Kosovo. Oh and generally risky places like Haiti and Northern Nigeria.

- Trained for a marathon while travelling for working, including trying to run 10 miles in the Chars region of Bangladesh and nearly dying (not literally)

- Drank all the varieties of Baltika beers while working in Tajikistan (even the flavoured ones)

That will probably do for now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

One of my hero's - nice one.

What was he like?

Well I was about 16 at the time and he was about 14.  Seemed like a nice kid though!!!

Was a regional junior comp at Hinckley.  Funnily enough I think he won his age group....

I vaguely remember he was really good and had enough to be a pro in the future.  You could never have envisaged just how good he would be though.

Edited by Brizzle Fox
Memory fussy - he was definitely playing out of Worksop though so must have been 14
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Sorry mate!!! This was my immediate thought too having seen this when I posted the above! Should have carried on reading but I couldn't

No worries, I was that shocked I wouldn't have read any further!

Cadged a trip on Roman Abramovich's yacht

Been out on the piss with New Kids on the Block (they paid)

Watched George Best play for Nuneaton Borough (Got beaten up by a Cov fan...and I was fvcking well playing for Cov youth team at the time) 

Been out on the piss with Lisa Stansfield (went Dutch)

Sailed round the world 5 times (not single handed or anything heroic, just in a big ship)

Tore up Waikiki beach in a Rolls Royce  

• Like 3