Jump to content
dayday

Leicester City v Aston Villa(H) pre-match thread

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Fofana now a doubt too lol we're going to lose this sadly. It was already a banana skin but I feel like nobody is fit.

...why are we now so susceptible to injuries!!!

We spent the off season looking to add depth and now find ourselves weaker than we have ever been before. Now it might be that it is bad luck, and we, like other teams must have our fair share. 

  A recent post I read claims Bennett (Wolves) was taken aback in regards to our intensity in training. A regime such as that  could lead to players breaking down and just looking back at last season, Rodgers was saying that the team was "looking leggy" around christmas time and the fact that almost every players quality dropped, at the same time, seems to make more sense, as it seemed our performances were more like a malaise, than lack of depth or our players missing due to injury.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...why are we now so susceptible to injuries!!!

We spent the off season looking to add depth and now find ourselves weaker than we have ever been before. Now it might be that it is bad luck, and we, like other teams must have our fair share. 

  A recent post I read claims Bennett (Wolves) was taken aback in regards to our intensity in training. A regime such as that  could lead to players breaking down and just looking back at last season, Rodgers was saying that the team was "looking leggy" around christmas time and the fact that almost every players quality dropped, at the same time, seems to make more sense, as it seemed our performances were more like a malaise, than lack of depth or our players missing due to injury.

Is it really that difficult to work out? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, harpendenfox said:

Abandon all defence on account of there being none and aim for a 16-12 win. Greatest game in the history of football. Vardy (4), Barnes (3), Youri (3), and 2 each for Kelechi and Ayoze. 8 all at half time.

With the way things are going thats worth a fiver. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Abandon all defence on account of there being none and aim for a 16-12 win. Greatest game in the history of football. Vardy (4), Barnes (3), Youri (3), and 2 each for Kelechi and Ayoze. 8 all at half time.

..so who scored the rest!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Fofana now a doubt too lol we're going to lose this sadly. It was already a banana skin but I feel like nobody is fit.

Doubtful that he's a doubt. :cool:

 

He just came through 2 top-notch performances with France's U21s.

Even when he received a nasty-looking tackle versus Slovakia, he bounced back up and was back in the fray without a blink.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NaijaFox said:

Doubtful that he's a doubt. :cool:

 

He just came through 2 top-notch performances with France's U21s.

Even when he received a nasty-looking tackle versus Slovakia, he bounced back up and was back in the fray without a blink.

It's covid related sadly. 3 of the France U21 team have had it.

 

Would be absolutely typical if so. We're having a ridiculous number of players unavailable and we haven't even kicked off the Europa League.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's covid related sadly. 3 of the France U21 team have had it.

 

Would be absolutely typical if so. We're having a ridiculous number of players unavailable and we haven't even kicked off the Europa League.

Oops! Didn't realize that. :(

 

Anyway, he's still okay unless he himself tests positive. 

 

Before the latest round of international games, Edouard and Dubious tested positive and were dropped from the France U21 squad, and Italy similarly had two players from its U21 squad (from Inter and Atalanta) test positive and were dropped. But neither squad was isolated.

 

Edited by NaijaFox
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

So have we had actual confirmation of who is fit and who is not?

I'm a bit rusty but I'll give it a go, I've got the full kit, always thought it might come in handy. I'm a bit of a Maguire type CB (in that I bring the ball out and join in the attacks not let my country down, make cynical foul after foul to compensate for my lack of pace and ask policemen if they know who I am). Me, Morgan and Filbert it is then.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I'm a bit rusty but I'll give it a go, I've got the full kit, always thought it might come in handy. I'm a bit of a Maguire type CB (in that I bring the ball out and join in the attacks not let my country down, make cynical foul after foul to compensate for my lack of pace and ask policemen if they know who I am). Me, Morgan and Filbert it is then.

I'll go left wing.  Can't tackle, pass, head or track back.  But I can put in a hell of a cross.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I'm a bit rusty but I'll give it a go, I've got the full kit, always thought it might come in handy. I'm a bit of a Maguire type CB (in that I bring the ball out and join in the attacks not let my country down, make cynical foul after foul to compensate for my lack of pace and ask policemen if they know who I am). Me, Morgan and Filbert it is then.

I can still drink with the best of them so I will lead from the front, in the bar after the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

I'm a bit rusty but I'll give it a go, I've got the full kit, always thought it might come in handy. I'm a bit of a Maguire type CB (in that I bring the ball out and join in the attacks not let my country down, make cynical foul after foul to compensate for my lack of pace and ask policemen if they know who I am). Me, Morgan and Filbert it is then.

I'm made of glass and always pick up an injury within the first 15 minutes of any comeback, so I can fill in for any one of James, Amartey or Benkovic... 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...