Jump to content
davieG

Luton Town agree to sign Leicester City 22-yr-old - Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Correct. We could still get him back and send them a player or two but Luton have no obligation now.

 

It was a consideration to recall him but the feeling was they wanted him to stay there ideally.

You reckon he will be around our first team next season? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Praet I was hoping would kick on and make a real impact before the Summer.To do that he's going to have to out do Youri, Maddison or Albrighton.

I don't see him shifting anyone else which is why I thought might be off in the Summer.

While I feel sorry for him that's unfortunate for us as it means he's likely to still be here next season until he recovers his fitness.

While at the same time were likely to have KDH coming into the Squad to cover for Youri most likel

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Okay. I suspect you might have thought of that since your last reply, because it read very much like you were saying Praet wasn't first reserve because he'd only played so much due to Maddison's injury. Anyway, I'm pretty sure Praet would still be 1st choice filling in for either Youri or Maddison if he was fit, but I do agree that Ayoze is next in line to cover for JM. I think that will be what we are likely to see if we don't bring anyone in. I will be a bit worried if Youri's out, though. Would a midfield of Ndidi and Maddison with Perez ahead of them work? I think it might against some of the lesser sides. Remains to be seen.

 

It's a bit concerning to me how we are down to bare bones for the no.8 positions heading into a frantic schedule. I'm sure the club recognise this, though, and I hope they have something up their sleeve, whether that's a loan in, or maybe there's a slim hope we can use this situation to get Tavares tied down to a new deal and get him involved. There could even be a transfer lined up, but I'd be a bit concerned that could spell the end for one of Tielemans, Maddison or Praet, who I'd be a bit worried would be off in the summer.

 

Just before your post, there's a post by Geoff with the news that KDH will complete the season at Luton. So that's settled, apparently. I really think he could have done well for himself and us back here for the next few months, but it will be good for him to finish off what's been a great loan for him so far.

 

I disagree re: Barnes. Are you thinking of the year before when we recalled him from Barnsley? He struggled for game time that time, but he played a lot when he came back from WBA. 11 starts and 5 sub apps in half a season isn't bad at all. He's better than ever this season, but I think the signs were there early on that he had real potential.

 

Re: JJ and Ricardo - I think they could do a job there if they had to, but would it be a good enough job? Do you think they could fill in elsewhere? Do you think they could cover for Vardy, for instance? I hope I don't sound facetious, I just don't think them playing in CM is something we're ever likely to see, barring the absolute worst injury crisis.

 

It is a real shame about Praet, of course. It's up to 3 months, apparently, so there is at least some hope that he could be back a bit sooner.

Praet I was hoping would kick on and make a real impact before the Summer.To do that he's going to have to out do Youri, Maddison or Albrighton.

I don't see him shifting anyone else which is why I thought might be off in the Summer.

While I feel sorry for him that's unfortunate for us as it means he's likely to still be here next season until he recovers his fitness.

While at the same time were likely to have KDH coming into the Squad to cover for Youri most likely.

KDH will gain greatly from his consistent game time at Luton and we'll reap the benefit.

 

You could be right about the Harvey dates. I thought it was WB we brought him back from. Anyway I'm delighted to see him showing his confidence this season and adding Goals. Which we need badly to help out Vardy.

 

As I've said Ricardo and JJ could fill in other positions because they are technically good players. As Jjs goal demonstrates.

But 'id only see that happening out of necessity or to add more defensive cover alongside Wilf and Youri.

 

But I wouldn't ever suggest that they could fill in for Vardy's position no more than I would for Kasper's.

 

As I've said previously, What I'd really like is for us to sign a YaYa Toure, Dacoure type of player to shield the defense on the left. Freeing up Youri to concentrate on the creative side. If we could find such a player then add a Striker I feel we really could go places.

But Covid and the Clubs Finances might mean we have to make do in the meantime. We'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway it's a great time to be a Leicester Fan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Praet I was hoping would kick on and make a real impact before the Summer.To do that he's going to have to out do Youri, Maddison or Albrighton.

I don't see him shifting anyone else which is why I thought might be off in the Summer.

While I feel sorry for him that's unfortunate for us as it means he's likely to still be here next season until he recovers his fitness.

While at the same time were likely to have KDH coming into the Squad to cover for Youri most likely.

KDH will gain greatly from his consistent game time at Luton and we'll reap the benefit.

 

You could be right about the Harvey dates. I thought it was WB we brought him back from. Anyway I'm delighted to see him showing his confidence this season and adding Goals. Which we need badly to help out Vardy.

 

As I've said Ricardo and JJ could fill in other positions because they are technically good players. As Jjs goal demonstrates.

But 'id only see that happening out of necessity or to add more defensive cover alongside Wilf and Youri.

 

But I wouldn't ever suggest that they could fill in for Vardy's position no more than I would for Kasper's.

 

As I've said previously, What I'd really like is for us to sign a YaYa Toure, Dacoure type of player to shield the defense on the left. Freeing up Youri to concentrate on the creative side. If we could find such a player then add a Striker I feel we really could go places.

But Covid and the Clubs Finances might mean we have to make do in the meantime. We'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway it's a great time to be a Leicester Fan.

Likewise, I was hoping to see more from Praet this season. I think he started the season very well in Maddison's absence, and hasn't done himself a disservice since, without really excelling too much. With any luck, he can still play some part in the final run-in, but I agree - it looks like he will be with us next season as things stand. Whether he'll be a starter remains to be seen. There's not been any speculation about Maddison lately, but Youri has been making waves, and we might have a fight on our hands to keep hold of him. Hopefully, we either win that fight, or decide that an offer is too good to refuse and the new cash can be reinvested wisely. It would be sad to lose either, but I have no doubt we'd replace well if we had to.

 

I agree - with his new contract and coming off the back of a good loan spell, I think KDH will have a well-earnt place in the first team squad next season.

 

Re: Barnes - couldn't agree more. I knew it was only a matter of time until he started adding goals to his game. Delighted he's done it so soon. He's going to be some player.

 

Understood re: JJ and Ricardo. It would certainly be interesting to see them play in midfield, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

 

An all-rounder like Y Toure or Doucoure would be great. I think with Ndidi and Mendy we're sorted for the DM role. I think, right now, we would benefit from adding a box-to-box or playmaker-type CM, as there's a danger we'll have to run Youri and Maddison into the ground over the next few months. I'm sure the club have spotted this, though, and I'm thankful that the transfer window is open. I'm not expecting a big signing, but a short-term loan shouldn't be beyond the reach of the club. Just hope we aim a bit higher than the likes of Bennett!

 

Absolutely, a great time to be a fan. Pays not to forget where we've come from!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We must be signing someone else then.

Or we’re doing the same as last year, signing nobody of consequence and dropping out of the CL places again.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

You reckon he will be around our first team next season? 

Potentially yes.

He's making good strides forward out on loan, like Barnes did.

 

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I realise that KDH not playing in the Cup gives the appearance of us asking that he not play, but have we been told for certain that that was the case, or is it supposition on our part?

Luton couldn't play him in the cup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Praet has had his best performances for us this season playing as a 10 or as the right sided forward. It's a shame he's out (3 months plus 1 month recovery probably means the entire season in practice), but I don't think we need to sign someone. We've seen a resurgence from Marc Albrighton who on current form should be the starting right forward, and Perez of recent has been good in a central area as a 10 or deep lying striker. We also have Under who we have seen massively promising glimpses of, and who hasn't yet had an extended run in the side. Between those 3, Maddison, Barnes and Nacho, I think we can cope.

 

If KDH returned back home he'd probably get 5-10 games which is decent, but not the same as playing every game for Luton. For me it's better for him to truly relish being the main man, have a whole season under his belt and then use the new training centre in the summer and pre-season to force his way into the first team squad, which I have a feeling he will probably do. I know when Barnes came back from West Brom that the 6 months he had in the first team really helped him adjust, but back then we were not a team with a realistic chance of a Champions League position!

 

Admittedly if we got another serious injury it would put us in trouble because Gray has checked out mentally even if called upon, ad last season we fell apart in some part because too many important players got injured / lost form at the same time. But I don't think we should recall a player just to sit on the bench when they could be getting real match experience in a competitive league.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to be a sailed ship now, but I'm not sure why people think being part of a vital CL chase and potential deep Europa League campaign as a key reserve and sometime-starter would be bad for a player's development.  Especially considering this is not a teenager here.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Praet has had his best performances for us this season playing as a 10 or as the right sided forward. It's a shame he's out (3 months plus 1 month recovery probably means the entire season in practice), but I don't think we need to sign someone. We've seen a resurgence from Marc Albrighton who on current form should be the starting right forward, and Perez of recent has been good in a central area as a 10 or deep lying striker. We also have Under who we have seen massively promising glimpses of, and who hasn't yet had an extended run in the side. Between those 3, Maddison, Barnes and Nacho, I think we can cope.

 

If KDH returned back home he'd probably get 5-10 games which is decent, but not the same as playing every game for Luton. For me it's better for him to truly relish being the main man, have a whole season under his belt and then use the new training centre in the summer and pre-season to force his way into the first team squad, which I have a feeling he will probably do. I know when Barnes came back from West Brom that the 6 months he had in the first team really helped him adjust, but back then we were not a team with a realistic chance of a Champions League position!

 

Admittedly if we got another serious injury it would put us in trouble because Gray has checked out mentally even if called upon, ad last season we fell apart in some part because too many important players got injured / lost form at the same time. But I don't think we should recall a player just to sit on the bench when they could be getting real match experience in a competitive league.

 

This is true and we have cover for those areas but I think that his absence will hurt us more as he can cover across midfield.  What happens if Tielemans gets injured or needs to be rested?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s worrying about this thread is just how few people actually realise he’s the only youri cover. :dunno:  Every other post says we’re fine because Perez, nacho or even albrighton are available :blink:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, murphy said:

 

This is true and we have cover for those areas but I think that his absence will hurt us more as he can cover across midfield.  What happens if Tielemans gets injured or needs to be rested?

I'd argue that would be a problem even if Praet wasn't injured! Tielemans is my player of the season followed closely by JJ. Youri plays well - we pick up points and generally win. Youri plays badly, or not at all - game over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

What’s worrying about this thread is just how few people actually realise he’s the only youri cover. :dunno:  Every other post says we’re fine because Perez, nacho or even albrighton are available :blink:

Maddison could play the Tielemans role, with Perez playing the Maddison role quite well, not ideal, but you don’t just have Tielemans like quality ready to come in when someone is injured. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Maddison could play the Tielemans role, with Perez playing the Maddison role quite well, not ideal, but you don’t just have Tielemans like quality ready to come in when someone is injured. 

I hope you’re right in that. I’m just not convinced that’s what we will end up doing.  It’s going to be Hamza isn’t it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Replaces Hamza in the squad for me next season. Like Hamza but not sure he’s really suitable for Brendans style of play. Good player and would do well at a Palace/ WBrom/ Burnley sort of club like Schlupp but we’ve unfortunately gone a level above that now targeting European football on a regular basis. Leaving us with the below options for the 3 midfield positions (+Perez who can play as a 10).

 

Wilf/ Mendy

Tielemans/ KDH

Maddison/ Praet

 

Also have Perez as a versatile forward who can cover RW, CAM, and CF in a 4-2-3-1/ 4-3-3 formation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Praet has had his best performances for us this season playing as a 10 or as the right sided forward. It's a shame he's out (3 months plus 1 month recovery probably means the entire season in practice), but I don't think we need to sign someone. We've seen a resurgence from Marc Albrighton who on current form should be the starting right forward, and Perez of recent has been good in a central area as a 10 or deep lying striker. We also have Under who we have seen massively promising glimpses of, and who hasn't yet had an extended run in the side. Between those 3, Maddison, Barnes and Nacho, I think we can cope.

 

If KDH returned back home he'd probably get 5-10 games which is decent, but not the same as playing every game for Luton. For me it's better for him to truly relish being the main man, have a whole season under his belt and then use the new training centre in the summer and pre-season to force his way into the first team squad, which I have a feeling he will probably do. I know when Barnes came back from West Brom that the 6 months he had in the first team really helped him adjust, but back then we were not a team with a realistic chance of a Champions League position!

 

Admittedly if we got another serious injury it would put us in trouble because Gray has checked out mentally even if called upon, ad last season we fell apart in some part because too many important players got injured / lost form at the same time. But I don't think we should recall a player just to sit on the bench when they could be getting real match experience in a competitive league.

So who plays if Maddison or Tielemans need a rest or heaven forbid injured? We will have to change system and then our strongest area of our team becomes much weaker. A combination of Ndidi and Mendy or Hamza is a horrifying prospect.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So who plays if Maddison or Tielemans need a rest or heaven forbid injured? We will have to change system and then our strongest area of our team becomes much weaker. A combination of Ndidi and Mendy or Hamza is a horrifying prospect.

I still think we can play Ndidi and Mendy but we need to make sure our mentality is completely attacking and them two be the kind of insurance defensively whilst everyone else goes berserk in the final third.

 

I transformed my early days of Chapman playing 2 defensive midfielders with the hammering formation, but you needed quality DMs which Ndidi and Mendy are. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So who plays if Maddison or Tielemans need a rest or heaven forbid injured? We will have to change system and then our strongest area of our team becomes much weaker. A combination of Ndidi and Mendy or Hamza is a horrifying prospect.

It’s not a great situation as Praet is good enough for the 11.But I’d say Barnes and Perez can play centrally attacking as Perez is better centrally and Barnes was good for West Brom centrally.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if he is left there and we have a COVID-19 casualty amongst creative midfielders anytime soon, we can always draft in Hamza or Big Wes.  With this frigging Virus hanging around us, not recalling could turn out to be a mistake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Likewise, I was hoping to see more from Praet this season. I think he started the season very well in Maddison's absence, and hasn't done himself a disservice since, without really excelling too much. With any luck, he can still play some part in the final run-in, but I agree - it looks like he will be with us next season as things stand. Whether he'll be a starter remains to be seen. There's not been any speculation about Maddison lately, but Youri has been making waves, and we might have a fight on our hands to keep hold of him. Hopefully, we either win that fight, or decide that an offer is too good to refuse and the new cash can be reinvested wisely. It would be sad to lose either, but I have no doubt we'd replace well if we had to.

 

I agree - with his new contract and coming off the back of a good loan spell, I think KDH will have a well-earnt place in the first team squad next season.

 

Re: Barnes - couldn't agree more. I knew it was only a matter of time until he started adding goals to his game. Delighted he's done it so soon. He's going to be some player.

 

Understood re: JJ and Ricardo. It would certainly be interesting to see them play in midfield, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

 

An all-rounder like Y Toure or Doucoure would be great. I think with Ndidi and Mendy we're sorted for the DM role. I think, right now, we would benefit from adding a box-to-box or playmaker-type CM, as there's a danger we'll have to run Youri and Maddison into the ground over the next few months. I'm sure the club have spotted this, though, and I'm thankful that the transfer window is open. I'm not expecting a big signing, but a short-term loan shouldn't be beyond the reach of the club. Just hope we aim a bit higher than the likes of Bennett!

 

Absolutely, a great time to be a fan. Pays not to forget where we've come from!

Yes we're just stuck with the Praet situation and just have to wait it out.

I think Denis himself might have seen his future elsewhere were he'd get more game time.

But who know now, Lets just hope he makes a speedy recovery.

 

That's interesting what you say about Youri, I hadn't heard anything, Though I now Utd were sniffing around last year.

I doubt we'd sell unless it's for silly money and we're confident KDH can step up or Praet gets the opportunity he hasn't really had, Which is an extended run in the team. 

Maddison just needs to keep building his fitness then the interest will start again, Similar with Ricardo. 

Not that were looking to sell any off our top players. We just need to add a few more.

 

I totally agree, This is exactly what we need in midfield to take us up another level. I just feel teams get at us too easily through midfield.

Someone who can offer that extra defensive cover and a presence at set pieces who can also get from box to box quickly.

But can also win those's headers in midfield which we mostly loose out on at present.

Youri and Maddison for all their talent are just to slow across the ground which sometimes allows teams to get back into shape and block us.

 

We need a Striker badly but If I had to pick one player from this Window it would that Tall speedy Midfielder. 

I think we need to clear out the fringe players now if we can to give us a clearer picture of whats possible in the Summer Window.

 

The games are going to come thick and fast from next Month, Lets just hope everyone stays fit and we don't suffer burnout.

The league is getting really exciting with so many challengers but I'm also hoping that we go far in the two Cups.

As much as I'd love an FA cup win a Euro Cup win would really lift our profile greatly. Let's just hope the draws re kind to us.

Enjoy Southampton on Sunday.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Replaces Hamza in the squad for me next season. Like Hamza but not sure he’s really suitable for Brendans style of play. Good player and would do well at a Palace/ WBrom/ Burnley sort of club like Schlupp but we’ve unfortunately gone a level above that now targeting European football on a regular basis. Leaving us with the below options for the 3 midfield positions (+Perez who can play as a 10).

 

Wilf/ Mendy

Tielemans/ KDH

Maddison/ Praet

 

Also have Perez as a versatile forward who can cover RW, CAM, and CF in a 4-2-3-1/ 4-3-3 formation.

My personal opinion is that Brenadan has got it all wrong with Hamza. He's tried to adapt him to a game that he doesnt suit.  I think for hamza he will always be better suited to either a low possession team or being the defensive minded player in the middle. He had good success in this role for the under 21s and up until a silly red card was the standout player alongside foden in a squad that included madison and barnes. 

 

However, he isnt on wilfs level and he doesnt have mendys composure. So he really is just a bit unlucky that when he came in to do that job he was always compared to some of the best in the game. The first game he covered for wilf last year he had a shocking game and Brendan appeared to decide he wasnt suitable so focused on trying to make him more of an allrounder. Which as many people have stated he simply isnt at our level for.  I think he will actually be a regular premier league player for someone in this role but not for us. Compare him to someone like Isaac Hayden.... Hamza is a serious upgrade.   

 

As fans its hard to give someone an easier ride when they are playing in unfamiliar positions and even more so when its the same position but a different role. I think he was probably hoping Mendy was off and he would be the ndidi cover but after last season brendan doesnt rate him in this role at all. (or even trust the back 4 without him)

Edited by Lambert09
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...