Jump to content
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I really don't want any of our players playing in the Euros this summer.

Don’t think there’s any chance of that. Mainly because they’ll be injured during it and also because they play for Leicester...

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I really don't want any of our players playing in the Euros this summer.

Agreed. I believe some of our players won't have a proper break until the summer of 2023. You have the Euros this year followed by a full season through to may 2022. Then you have the next season starting in July and a winter World Cup sandwiched in the middle of the season. It really is a crazy time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

If we don't get top 4 please can we avoid Thursday night football next time

nothing wrong with thursday night football, it's part of progression, if we manage it properly it's a chance to blood fringe players and U23's coming through, but many had a melt down when we lost on Thursday because we didn't play our full complement, we can't have it both ways.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

If we don't get top 4 please can we avoid Thursday night football next time

Why?

 

We get a European tour and it gives the club and the players European football and experience. If we finish 8th for a couple of seasons in a row do you really think players like Maddison and Ndidi won't be off to United or Liverpool (for a huge sum though admittedly)?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m struggling to remember the last time we accumulated anywhere near the number of serious long term injuries to players we have in the past 2 seasons . Cags, JJ, Ricky and Wilf for certain , Barnes and Maddison ( by the look of it). 

 

We had the odd sick note from from time to time ( Dean Sturridge, Kisnorbo ) but nothing like this run of season ending catastrophes we’ve suffered of late 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Why?

 

We get a European tour and it gives the club and the players European football and experience. If we finish 8th for a couple of seasons in a row do you really think players like Maddison and Ndidi won't be off to United or Liverpool (for a huge sum though admittedly)?

On the flip side do you think the lure of the Europa league is enough to tempt them to stay? It's not like we prioritised it as a competition to win

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

Do we know how long Maddison is out for. Is he definitely not available for the game on Wednesday?

sounded like a few weeks from what Rodgers said and they needed to wait for the inflammation to die down first to gauge. Was a little vague to be honest

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, foxfanazer said:

On the flip side do you think the lure of the Europa league is enough to tempt them to stay? It's not like we prioritised it as a competition to win

I do personally, but if it's only Europa League they'll be off one by one eventually IMO, whereas if we finish 8th twice in a row, 3 or 4 would probably want out at the same time. I think the club mentality plays a huge part in this, we need 'act' like a club who's aiming for regularly European football, we shouldn't be looking down on the EL as something that gets in the way, we should be using it to blood our academy players, make use of the youngsters, keep the reserves fit and maybe win it, all whilst increasing our reputation in the footballing world and adding to our revenue.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a funny one really.

 

On one hand we want Europa League, on the other we treat it contempt (Whilst balancing the squad I understand) arguably not seriously, we moan about it taking a toll on our players, moan about the extra games, so ultimately whats the point? It's what we aim and strive for but almost chuck it away when presented with it - to not land a glove on Slavia Prague is disgraceful and unforgiveable really. Seems like we've treated Europa to give us yet another excuse.

 

Also I've never understood the arguement of extra games in Europa League, or most certainly the "Thursday night" arguement, so Man City played in the Champions League on Wednesday, they then played 12.30 yesterday, same time difference as us, just a day later in both cases - now i'm not comparing us to Man City, their squad 'pool' is much deeper with much better players, I'm sure I could have used another team with a smaller, less talented pool of players as an example but, i'm purly using the schedule as an example.

 

None of the above am I saying necessarily exclusively applies about us, i'm saying it in general in how all clubs see and treat the Europa League and the stigma that surrounds the competition.

 

Edited by Matt
Link to post
Share on other sites

Could we create a thread not open to replies, pinned to the top that just lists the current injuries and their estimated return? A bit like the transfers in/out thread that gets pinned on the transfer forum.

 

I'm starting to lose track!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Why?

 

We get a European tour and it gives the club and the players European football and experience. If we finish 8th for a couple of seasons in a row do you really think players like Maddison and Ndidi won't be off to United or Liverpool (for a huge sum though admittedly)?

Europa league won't keep players of this calibre here, nor could we afford to keep them on this basis

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Why?

 

We get a European tour and it gives the club and the players European football and experience. If we finish 8th for a couple of seasons in a row do you really think players like Maddison and Ndidi won't be off to United or Liverpool (for a huge sum though admittedly)?

do we sack off the domestic cups instead ? - I don't want to choose between them but something will have to give - without top 4 (and I hate the fact this is so important but that's life) we are not gonna have the squad to cope

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Matt said:

Its a funny one really.

 

On one hand we want Europa League, on the other we treat it contempt (Whilst balancing the squad I understand) arguably not seriously, we moan about it taking a toll on our players, moan about the extra games, so ultimately whats the point? It's what we aim and strive for but almost chuck it away when presented with it - to not land a glove on Slavia Prague is disgraceful and unforgiveable really. Seems like we've treated Europa to give us yet another excuse.

 

Also I've never understood the arguement of extra games in Europa League, or most certainly the "Thursday night" arguement, so Man City played in the Champions League on Wednesday, they then played 12.30 yesterday, same time difference as us, just a day later in both cases - now i'm not comparing us to Man City, their squad 'pool' is much deeper with much better players, I'm sure I could have used another team with a smaller, less talented pool of players as an example but, i'm purly using the schedule as an example.

 

None of the above am I saying necessarily exclusively applies about us, i'm saying it in general in how all clubs see and treat the Europa League and the stigma that surrounds the competition.

 

The teams in Europe are used to it, playing it every season and getting used to the routine. We aren't. They can also pad their squads with better players so their reserves are better than ours.

 

Each season is different. Each week is different. Had the European tie been played in three weeks time we might've had a better team available. We don't know for certain.

 

Rodgers wants to play his best team in every game in everything. We can't, we're having to manage players individually. It is a pain in the arse but the circumstances we've find ourselves in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leicesterseddon said:

Basically, we want to qualify for Europe so when we get there, we don’t treat it seriously in order not to imperil our chances of qualifying next year to do the same thing again. 

There's Europe, and there's Europe ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Could we create a thread not open to replies, pinned to the top that just lists the current injuries and their estimated return? A bit like the transfers in/out thread that gets pinned on the transfer forum.

 

I'm starting to lose track!

It's a bit hidden away, but there is this page...

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/first-team/

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Basically, we want to qualify for Europe so when we get there, we don’t treat it seriously in order not to imperil our chances of qualifying next year to do the same thing again. 

The more frequently we qualify for Europe, the better our squad will get. 

Therefore, we should be able to handle Europe more comfortably (relatively) in future seasons.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...