Jump to content
Walkers

ZORYA pre match thread

Recommended Posts

Would think it will be:

Schmeichel

Castagne Morgan Fofana Justin

Mendy

Tielemans Maddison

Under Iheanacho Albrighton

 

Subs: Ward, Jakupovic, Evans, Fuchs, Thomas, Choudhury, Praet, Barnes, Perez

 

Room for three more on that bench given we can name 12 subs but I don't think the U23s are being tested like the seniors are so I don't think they will mix bubbles. You would think the most likely candidates would be Leshabela, Wright, Tavares and Shade if they were, though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Would think it will be:

Schmeichel

Castagne Morgan Fofana Justin

Mendy

Tielemans Maddison

Under Iheanacho Albrighton

 

Subs: Ward, Jakupovic, Evans, Fuchs, Thomas, Choudhury, Praet, Barnes, Perez

 

Room for three more on that bench given we can name 12 subs but I don't think the U23s are being tested like the seniors are so I don't think they will mix bubbles. You would think the most likely candidates would be Leshabela, Wright, Tavares and Shade if they were, though.

would love to see some of the teenagers given a chance ……….. remember the EL is where kane got his chance at spurs 

Link to post
Share on other sites

At some point I would like to see Perez centrally, maybe in the false 9 position that firmino and more recently Kane has been playing. I think he’s so much more dangerous in the middle and with Vardy out atm now would be a good time to try it out. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just me that finds it odd it's taken 3 days to get everyone together for training? Or maybe reading too much into it? 

 

 

When you consider the game finished at about 9pm Sunday, they obviously took a rest day Monday and then it was probably a light session Tuesday. Given the number of injuries and two games a week from now until Christmas you definitely don't want to knacker everyone, there'll probably be some small knocks among a few players too. I would think we'd do similar in a typical Tuesday-Saturday week to be honest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rodgers on injuries
"It's pretty much the same squad as before. The only one is Slimani who is not in our European squad. So it's the guys who have been fit now."

 

Rodgers on no Slimani in squad
"The squad had to be handed in much earlier than the Premier League squad and unfortunately we were thinking he would be going out. That’s the reason why."

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/10/2020 at 13:05, StriderHiryu said:

I agree with this statement. Don't get me wrong the Champions League is the glamorous competition with the best teams, but this time round we would have been one of the lower seeds and not have a favourable group. We've all seen Bayern smash the North London teams by 8 goals and I could easily see that happen to us. I always felt even if we got to the Champions League, at best we would end up in the Europa.


This competition we have a decent shot at and I hope we can have a decent run in it. That said the way injuries are piling up I think it will work against us rather than for us!

...there was a time when we were put in a position of adversity we would have used it for motivation!!!

O'niel thrived off the them versus us and the underdog situation but I do not see anything in this team that can raise the fortitude to overcome this situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, davieG said:

Rodgers on injuries
"It's pretty much the same squad as before. The only one is Slimani who is not in our European squad. So it's the guys who have been fit now."

 

Rodgers on no Slimani in squad
"The squad had to be handed in much earlier than the Premier League squad and unfortunately we were thinking he would be going out. That’s the reason why."

Poor planning. Should have included him over injured players just in case. Sorry that doesn’t get a pass from me Brendan. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Poor planning. Should have included him over injured players just in case. Sorry that doesn’t get a pass from me Brendan. 

If we're relying on Slimani to get us out of our Europe League group then we're well and truly ****ed.

 

The man is atrocious. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Poor planning. Should have included him over injured players just in case. Sorry that doesn’t get a pass from me Brendan. 

Probably the only injured player he could have replaced in the registered squad was Ndidi, but its pretty obviously the club are hoping Ndidi will be able to feature in the latter games of the group stages by including him.

 

Slimani wasn't meant to be anywhere near our Premier League squad let alone of Europa League squad, its very easy to see why he wasn't included.

 

Would you rather register a player who you weren't expecting to be at the club anymore, or a player with a chance of playing in some of the later games?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Probably the only injured player he could have replaced in the registered squad was Ndidi, but its pretty obviously the club are hoping Ndidi will be able to feature in the latter games of the group stages by including him.

 

Slimani wasn't meant to be anywhere near our Premier League squad let alone of Europa League squad, its very easy to see why he wasn't included.

 

Would you rather register a player who you weren't expecting to be at the club anymore, or a player with a chance of playing in some of the later games?

Considering the Europa League groups are done and dusted by December 10th and best case was Ndidi would be back in 12 weeks from the date of injury it’s a pretty big risk to take. We have ended up in a position where we’ve only got 1 striker available for our first European game. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, davieG said:

 

ZoryaL.JPG.9f887414ef7335f7bcc49e95643129f9.JPG

  Yikes … is this their squad or their Baby Squad?

 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Their keeper is dodgy.

 

  They’re all dodgy, Stan.

 

  Some impressive rap sheets in there, I'll wager..

 

5 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I would wrap our best players up in cotton wool for this one

 

  I'm with you on that ... Was would have been perfect for this tie.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, GlenParvaFox said:

Kasper

Justin . Fofana . Evans.  Castagne

Mendy

Tielemans . Praet

Under . Iheanacho . Barnes

 

Win.

Still not convinced Praet is fully fit. I would rest him, put Pérez in and go 4-4-2.

i think Nacho is better in a two and Pérez would be in his more natural position.

Madders could rotate with Youri to save legs at some point or if not working we could take off one of the front two for Praet and change shape.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

When you consider the game finished at about 9pm Sunday, they obviously took a rest day Monday and then it was probably a light session Tuesday. Given the number of injuries and two games a week from now until Christmas you definitely don't want to knacker everyone, there'll probably be some small knocks among a few players too. I would think we'd do similar in a typical Tuesday-Saturday week to be honest.

 Yup-  I have read Secret Physio book  (a very fascinating read by the way!)  and the physio was saying that in the latter stages of the season where there are two games a week due to knockout stages,  replayed/delayed fixtures or so on-  it is more effective to have light training/tactical sessions and allow players to maintain their fitness via matches.   It is also a bit of a myth that more injuries occurs during that period of season as players' bodies would have been fully conditioned to matches by then-  more injuries occurred earlier in the season when players are coming off poor pre-seasons or do not look their bodies during summer or are still adjusting to football matches again.    I would imagine most of teams would go down that route given the congested fixtures this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, KingsX said:

 

ZoryaL.JPG.9f887414ef7335f7bcc49e95643129f9.JPG

  Yikes … is this their squad or their Baby Squad?

 

 

  They’re all dodgy, Stan.

 

  Some impressive rap sheets in there, I'll wager..

 

 

  I'm with you on that ... Was would have been perfect for this tie.

 

 

 

Yikes! Looks like that dodgy sunday pub team from the rough part of town ready to break some legs the moment play any 1-2's around them :unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Their keeper is dodgy. Need to pepper their goal. Shoot on sight policy! 

Stan mate.... we've needed to adopt that policy for about 10 years lol 

 

Even when we were direct we still pissed about with it around the box!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Stan mate.... we've needed to adopt that policy for about 10 years lol 

 

Even when we were direct we still pissed about with it around the box!

Barnes is pretty direct with the keeper tho

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...