Jump to content
FoxinNotts

Any sensible answers please?

Recommended Posts

Why have we not registered more of our available players in the EL squad?

 

Why would you knowingly send out on loan Benkovic when you know we are short on numbers for Centre back?

 

Why do we have players that are not looking fit (Tielemans Under Morgan etc)?

 

Why sideline one of out attacking options (Gray) when we are short of attacking options? (If Slimani can come back into the fold, Gray deserves to be treated better, and Benkovic imo)

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d guess the answer is Rodgers has picked a side he thinks will do a job. Always difficult leaving players out. But you go for the ones who aren’t consistent and leave them. 
 

You can’t predict injuries so I imagine it’s tough. Personally I would have selected more kids, as I (my opinion) don’t think it is a priority this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FoxinNotts said:

This is not a ‘Rogers out’ thread btw. He’s a great manager. The questions above are baffling however.

As I said in another thread. He's a great manager with glaring faults. He thinks he's so much more than he is right now and I really hope Wheelan et al will help him reflect on this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand not using Gray, he did reasonably ok as an impact club and he is still clearly training with the first team.  

 

Youri and Under have probably suffered from the pointless internationals and travelling.

 

I think Morgan is past it now and so we should definitely have kept Benkovic. Evans hasn't seemed right for a little while and now we have lost Cags.

 

Lots of clubs are suffering with injuries but unfortunately  we seem to be one of the worse and also have players playing that are not 100% in Praet and Madders and Evans.  I think the next few months will be bumpy!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, st albans fox said:

I think he’s in the naughty corner .......

 

pronciples are all well and good but they don’t win you football matches ....

Correct. Bring him back in. Have wide options of Ünder, Barnes, Gray and Albrighton.

 

Have centre forward options of Vardy, Iheanacho, Perez and Slimani.

 

play square pegs in square holes ffs

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Why have we not registered more of our available players in the EL squad?

 

Why would you knowingly send out on loan Benkovic when you know we are short on numbers for Centre back?

 

Why do we have players that are not looking fit (Tielemans Under Morgan etc)?

 

Why sideline one of out attacking options (Gray) when we are short of attacking options? (If Slimani can come back into the fold, Gray deserves to be treated better, and Benkovic imo)

 

 

You don’t really account for injuries. How’s Under ever gonna get fitness if he doesn’t play? Benkovic clearly doesn’t figure in the plans. People need to get over that. Truth is we have no idea what’s going on with Gray. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bert said:

You don’t really account for injuries. How’s Under ever gonna get fitness if he doesn’t play? Benkovic clearly doesn’t figure in the plans. People need to get over that. Truth is we have no idea what’s going on with Gray. 
 

 

But if I can see it coming, why can’t the club’s management!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FoxinNotts said:

But if I can see it coming, why can’t the club’s management!!!!

How can you see Soyuncu getting inured on international duty? Or Amartey getting injured against West Ham? Doesn’t work like that. 
 

Let’s face it, if all centre halves are fit Benkovic is fighting Morgan for 5th choice centre half. He’s young and wants to play. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bert said:

You don’t really account for injuries. How’s Under ever gonna get fitness if he doesn’t play? Benkovic clearly doesn’t figure in the plans. People need to get over that. Truth is we have no idea what’s going on with Gray. 
 

 

I’m not even referring to match fitness. Those three just look out of shape for pro athletes. Should have harsh, stringent personal regimes

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bert said:

How can you see Soyuncu getting inured on international duty? Or Amartey getting injured against West Ham? Doesn’t work like that. 
 

Let’s face it, if all centre halves are fit Benkovic is fighting Morgan for 5th choice centre half. He’s young and wants to play. 

At the time of letting Benkovic go on loan, we knew, that Soyuncu was potentially injured, Morgan is old and unfit, and Amartey was injured 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’m not even referring to match fitness. Those three just look out of shape for pro athletes. Should have harsh, stringent personal regimes

How do you know they haven’t? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

We have potentially 50+ games this season, in a condensed period of time, thanks to COVID. Putting Gray on gardening duty, helps nothing and nobody.

Gray helps nothing and nobody. ;)

Yes , he's helped see out a few games but be honest, haven't we all lost patience with him? Don't see how he improves us and clearly there's been some kind of disagreement behind the scenes.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Gray helps nothing and nobody. ;)

Yes , he's helped see out a few games but be honest, haven't we all lost patience with him? Don't see how he improves us and clearly there's been some kind of disagreement behind the scenes.

 

We have to be astute enough to recognise when (taking tonight’s match for example) Barnes isn’t having a good game. Who is the replacement left sided player... Dimi Gray. Throw him on. He needs to be on the bench first mind you

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why have we not registered more of our available players in the EL squad?
We registered as many players as we could register. Decisions had to be Made. In the Europa League teams can name up to 25 players in their squad. Teams can name a maximum of 17 non-home grown players. At least a further four players must be association-trained - this is the same definition as the Premier League's home-grown rule. The last four players must be club-trained - i.e. spent 3+ years in Leicester's academy between the ages of 16 and 21. If the club do not have enough players who fit this bill, they cannot name a full 25 man squad.

 

Why would you knowingly send out on loan Benkovic when you know we are short on numbers for Centre back?
Because if he didn’t go out on loan now he couldn’t at all until January. We had to look at the bigger picture, Benkovic needs a full season under his belt to develop and get over his injury problems. 
Going out on loan is better for him as a player and thus is as a club than him playing the odd game here and there and then breaking down without regular football.

 

Why do we have players that are not looking fit (Tielemans Under Morgan etc)?

Than is your opinion, some players naturally carry a bit more weight, no one was complaining after Tielemans played against Man City, he’s been one of our better players this season.

 

Why sideline one of out attacking options (Gray) when we are short of attacking options? (If Slimani can come back into the fold, Gray deserves to be treated better, and Benkovic imo)

 

Gray is not in the best 18 at the moment he is fourth choice in his position. Barnes and Perez are currently the starting players with Under once he is fully match fit possibly selected ahead of Perez.

Albrighton’s versatility makes him a better choice on the bench than Gray. Gray hasn’t been excluded, we are just fully fit and have made  additions in his role.

Any more questions?

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

At the time of letting Benkovic go on loan, we knew, that Soyuncu was potentially injured, Morgan is old and unfit, and Amartey was injured 

Because the club would know they are short term injuries. It's no different to people crowing about signing a backup for Ndidi because he got injured. You don't sign replacement players for short term injuries, there is also no point in keeping an annoyed player at the club, one who needs games, to cover for an injury that perhaps lasts a few days or a week or two. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Because the club would know they are short term injuries. It's no different to people crowing about signing a backup for Ndidi because he got injured. You don't sign replacement players for short term injuries, there is also no point in keeping an annoyed player at the club, one who needs games, to cover for an injury that perhaps lasts a few days or a week or two. 

Morgan being way past his best is not short term. Neither is a three month lay off for Soyuncu and Amartey. Sending Benkovic out on loan in a condensed season of 50+ games is madness

 

We have adequate cover for Ndidi in Mendy and Choudhury

Edited by FoxinNotts
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...