Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Matt said:

It’s as simple as asking why are we insisting on playing this insipid style that clearly hasn’t worked for nearly a year now (and before that of truthful, little has changed in that regard since the appointment of Puel - perhaps the brief comes from someone above the management team that they want us to play in this style for some reason).

 

Its just such a negative, boring style.

 

As I say up until the last 4 games I thought the penny had dropped, I thought we’d done away with it, found a way to combat it, turned a corner but nope, it’s back.

 

I understand there is a time and place to play the style we’re playing, I’m not saying it bad period but when it’s constant, every game, that’s when it’s bad and grates.

 

Finally it seems people are joining me on saying these things, for large parts I felt I was a lone voice.


The amount of times we’ve set up and played in such a negative, boring style in the last year or more has far outweighed the times we’ve been positive and excited by performances.

 

I just wish reporters had the bollocks to call him (and other managers) out on it - atleast ask the questions.

The difference between Rodgers and Puel is that the latter had far less talent to choose from.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

The difference between Rodgers and Puel is that the latter had far less talent to choose from.

You'd have thought they'd have been like chalk and cheese being interviewed. I never thought I'd say this about Rodgers but I find his interviews nearly as boring as Puel's. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

In an attacking capacity, I only count Praet, Under and Perez as additional players to what Puel had 

Please don't get him started on Perez. The man's suffered enough. Perez that is.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Collymore said:

You'd have thought they'd have been like chalk and cheese being interviewed. I never thought I'd say this about Rodgers but I find his interviews nearly as boring as Puel's. 

As intended. After Liverpool Rodgers learned not to give reporters/supporters a stick to beat him with. Perhaps he should pick up a fake German or Spanish accent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

The difference between Rodgers and Puel is that the latter had far less talent to choose from.

It didn’t matter what talent he had to chose from, he chose to play Gray over Vardy, He chose to play 3 dms at times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

What does that mean? 

If someone is a successful or respected person in their own right, they are successful or respected because of their own efforts and talents rather than those of the people they are closely connected with.
Although now a celebrity in her own right, the actress knows the difficulties of living in the shadow of her famous older sister. 
 
He's shown this at Celtic, just ask Neil Lennon . Same squad, sane team, different results. 
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just a bit underwhelmed by him. I thought our problem, when he joined, was that we'd be too open, too attack minded and would be involved in a lot of basketball matches. The amount of matches we've limped along, especially in the past year, is alarming.

 

On the whole his results have been good. Maybe we were taken in by his first excellent nine months? But we don't look like a team that is prepared to grind so we end up struggling to get back into games.

 

I've no doubt we'll whack a few more teams this season but will still give up matches in an uninspiring way.

 

He's here for the forseeable so we'll have to live with it. Shouldn't accept it, though.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like Rodgers. As much as we rightly praise him tactically for results against Man City and Leeds there should be criticism of his failure in recent games. For someone supposedly on 9m a year you’d expect better against lesser opposition. This is someone who has at least 200+ games experience in the premiership. I just wonder whether he believes the hype from the media about him being the best British coach around. It’s not like there’s a great deal of competition for that honour. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

I wonder if City fans called for Pep's head after they lost 5-2 against us...

 

It's really annoying when Manchester City are referred to as City.  It's betwattling when a random poster on the Leicester City forum does it.  You'd think posters would be City supporters.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Which manager do some want? 
I swear some on here will not be happy until we have a Dyche styled manager who sends the team out to play like the Millwall/Wimbledon of old then inevitably lose but reaction is well at least they went down fighting.

 

What is it in Rodgers that some FT members see that every player past and present who have worked with him didn’t/don’t, that almost every journo and commentary team and for sure his peers have him in the top 10 of World managers but those FT members are not buying it.

 

 

 

Not at all do we want Dyche or similar but I don't think Rodgers is getting the absolute best out of our attacking talent. We are still not creating enough good chances and keepers are still not having to do a lot against us in the league. Too often, we are lacking in aggression and taking far too long to attack. Our set pieces are still not acceptable. Defensively we're all over the place at times. On the flip side, when we're good we're very entertaining and ruthless which Leicester teams haven't tended to be, especially at this level.

 

I don't want him sacked, I think we could offer more in matches though. The results generally are on the positive side but we seem to teeter on the edge of a bad run. To be fair, the journalists and former players aren't particularly interested in the small details the fans are, in the same way we don't over analyse what happens at other clubs. As long as we have a run of victories, the press will say how brilliant he is and ignore the rest. Us lot will view it differently.

 

It seems to be feast or famine with him so no wonder the fans' views are erratic.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2020 at 10:33, HighPeakFox said:

The guy can't win. He's not without faults, I grant you, but the over analysis of his every move is a bit pathetic. 

Agreed. I also think this constant berating of the team because they're 'mentally weak', 'can't get motivated' etc is probably what every set of fans bar probably Liverpool are saying about their team every week  The fact is, it's a ridiculously competitive league and there are 20 very good managers in the league, despite what people might suggest. You do something right tactically and such is the level of analysis from other clubs, you're soon worked out and you have to try something new.

 

There are definitely times when he makes some weird decisions, and as you say, he isn't perfect but I think the constant references to how much he's paid are a bit of a misnomer. Carlo Ancelotti is paid a lot more and spent a lot more, is he a fraud?

 

Also, we're 12th on the list of transfer fees paid this summer having spent £58m. Leeds, for example, are the 4th highest spenders having paid £96m in transfers and Bielsa is on £8m compared to Brendan's £9m. Arsenal spent £77m and even Wolves spent £75m. From that point of view, surely he's doing pretty well?

 

329964362_Screenshot_20201205-152459_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2f83970773abf8b8ba2cca3586f43cbe.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Agreed. I also think this constant berating of the team because they're 'mentally weak', 'can't get motivated' etc is probably what every set of fans bar probably Liverpool are saying about their team every week  The fact is, it's a ridiculously competitive league and there are 20 very good managers in the league, despite what people might suggest. You do something right tactically and such is the level of analysis from other clubs, you're soon worked out and you have to try something new.

 

There are definitely times when he makes some weird decisions, and as you say, he isn't perfect but I think the constant references to how much he's paid are a bit of a misnomer. Carlo Ancelotti is paid a lot more and spent a lot more, is he a fraud?

 

Also, we're 12th on the list of transfer fees paid this summer having spent £58m. Leeds, for example, are the 4th highest spenders having paid £96m in transfers and Bielsa is on £8m compared to Brendan's £9m. Arsenal spent £77m and even Wolves spent £75m. From that point of view, surely he's doing pretty well?

 

329964362_Screenshot_20201205-152459_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2f83970773abf8b8ba2cca3586f43cbe.jpg

Depends what your expectations are. I don't necessarily disagree with you but I didn't predict Leeds to finish above us. So we should be above them even if they have spent more money. Chelsea have blitz everyone else but if they finish 3rd everybody will claim Lampard has done a good job. 

 

Money is all over the place now so it's hard to judge on that. You've got teams like Sheffield United splashing £20m around on strikers who won't get into double figures.

 

I find the motivation thing strange because why the fvck would you need your manager to motivate you to go and play (top level) football. I don't think we've got enough match winners or players that will change the game though. There's nobody who I look too, particularly in midfield, and this he's gonna win us this game.

Edited by Fox92
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

The difference between Rodgers and Puel is that the latter had far less talent to choose from.

No chance. We haven't signed that many attacking players since Puel left and Rodgers joined.

 

Puel insisted on Mendy and Ndidi every game. Rodgers has done it once and realised it doesn't work.

 

Such an unfair comparison. And I was never behind "Puel out" so I'm not being one sided.

 

What league games have been bad this season? I count three. West Ham, Villa and Fulham. One of those games was "boring" (Fulham), the other two were better than us on the day. Out of ten. Yes we should be beating those three sides but football doesn't work like that and if it did then it'd be a boring game. My biggest criticism of the last three defeats (Liverpool, Fulham, Zorya) is how we've approached the game prior but to suggest the difference between Rodgers and Puel is the squad is wrong.

 

Plus I believed that squad isn't that good anyway.

Edited by Fox92
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No chance. We haven't signed that many attacking players since Puel left and Rodgers joined.

 

Puel insisted on Mendy and Ndidi every game. Rodgers has done it once and realised it doesn't work.

 

Such an unfair comparison. And I was never behind "Puel out" so I'm not being one sided.

 

What league games have been bad this season? I count three. West Ham, Villa and Fulham. One of those games was "boring" (Fulham), the other two were better than us on the day. 

Not that I disagree with your overall point but I’m not sure the Mendy and Ndidi thing disproves the point about not having the talent to pick from. Puel’s alternatives to Mendy and Ndidi were Silva, King and James. Rodgers has Praet and Tielemans to choose from.

 

Tielemans initially arrived when Puel was manager and went into the team instead of Mendy pretty much straight away. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Not that I disagree with your overall point but I’m not sure the Mendy and Ndidi thing disproves the point about not having the talent to pick from. Puel’s alternatives to Mendy and Ndidi were Silva, King and James. Rodgers has Praet and Tielemans to choose from.

 

Tielemans initially arrived when Puel was manager and went into the team instead of Mendy pretty much straight away. 

Okay I should have said playing safe then in terms of playing two holding men all the time, regardless of opposition. 

 

I agree Puel took on a poor squad and brought in better players though. Like I said, I wasn't negative about Puel but people are quick to forget how bad some of the games were. And we haven't been constantly poor under Rodgers, we've had a handful of poor performances. The players don't look arsed which is a worry but any manager shouldn't need to motivate professional players to play football. 

 

Some people are off their head. Some of the comments pre-match Sheffield United are amazing considering they're so bad and have 1 point. Some people need to wake up. And yes, it would "like Leicester to lose to Sheffield United hahahah" :rolleyes:.

 

You know, I criticize Rodgers and his tactics pissed me off Thursday and last week at Fulham but I also try and look at the bigger picture. If we were 16th and constantly negative then I would be worried.

Edited by Fox92
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corky said:

Not at all do we want Dyche or similar but I don't think Rodgers is getting the absolute best out of our attacking talent. We are still not creating enough good chances and keepers are still not having to do a lot against us in the league. Too often, we are lacking in aggression and taking far too long to attack. Our set pieces are still not acceptable. Defensively we're all over the place at times. On the flip side, when we're good we're very entertaining and ruthless which Leicester teams haven't tended to be, especially at this level.

 

I don't want him sacked, I think we could offer more in matches though. The results generally are on the positive side but we seem to teeter on the edge of a bad run. To be fair, the journalists and former players aren't particularly interested in the small details the fans are, in the same way we don't over analyse what happens at other clubs. As long as we have a run of victories, the press will say how brilliant he is and ignore the rest. Us lot will view it differently.

 

It seems to be feast or famine with him so no wonder the fans' views are erratic.

I hear you corky but the moans are coming when we have over a 3rd of our starting 11 out 2 of which will be pivotal to both our attacking threat and defensive line.

Ricardo and Timmy will work better with our front 3 + madders and Youri in stretching & opening up a packed defence more so than who we are playing now, Cags and Ndidi obviously strengthens the defensive unit.

Despite missing them we are in a great position it stands to reason we should get better as those 4 come back, if we don’t (after they have fitness in their legs) then yes I could understand the moans but surely we need to cut him some slack until we have our starters all back.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...