Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, nettle said:

One thing about last night that confirmed my suspicion was neither Iheanacho or Slimani can play up top on there own. 

Until either play in a game where we look remotely interested in creating any openings then that is a little unfair. Vardy was anonymous vs West Ham in a similar team display and I'd challenge any striker to take our team by the scruff of the neck and single handedly enforce them to be quicker, more incisive and creative.

 

That's not saying either couldn't have been better and I do think with their lack of pace and the way we play that being a lone striker will be a waste of their real strengths but both have and can do that job we just have to be better as a team more importantly.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dahnsouff said:

I don't think he is. I think he is more suited in a 2 as the more withdrawn of the 2, we are so blinkered because we are use to Super Vardy preventing any need for creative thinking. Nacho in a 2 could be epic as he would drop deeper, link midfield, he is creative, and provide to another forward.

Kelechi's weight of pass in behind defences is arguably better than Maddison's.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nettle said:

One thing about last night that confirmed my suspicion was neither Iheanacho or Slimani can play up top on there own. 

But...

 

I have a feeling the pair of them would work very well together as a front two. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, adam1 said:

But...

 

I have a feeling the pair of them would work very well together as a front two. 

They did in the cup games they played under Shakespeare, Appleton and Puel if I remember rightly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Kelechi's weight of pass in behind defences is arguably better than Maddison's.

It might be that in this 2 he is total garbage, but I would like to see us try to use him as deeper striker as his technical capacity and vision is way beyond most of our players let alone just strikers

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, adam1 said:

But...

 

I have a feeling the pair of them would work very well together as a front two. 

This is what I was getting at change tactics play them together but I don't think Rodgers will unfortunately.  He seems more concerned with not conceding than scoring goals or at least creating some chances. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fvck me. I mean, seriously, we've  taken 9 points and in my opinion we'd have  expected 10 points from the games we've played.

 

0 points from West Ham/Villa, both at home, is very poor but given we took 3 from Man City when nobody expected us to.

 

It's not sustainable to change manager when something goes bad. Clubs constantly changing manager just eventually go down.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Fvck me. I mean, seriously, we've  taken 9 points and in my opinion we'd have  expected 10 points from the games we've played.

 

0 points from West Ham/Villa, both at home, is very poor but given we took 3 from Man City when nobody expected us to.

 

It's not sustainable to change manager when something goes bad. Clubs constantly changing manager just eventually go down.

Come on, be serious, it worked a treat for Watford...  :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

He should probably be given the length of his contract considering it’s such a whopper and sacking him is is nobodies best interests really (unless it looks like we’re going down). I wouldn’t mind as much really if you could see what the plan was and we could buy in to it. It might all just click eventually but you’d have to say given the time he’s been with us now we’ve seen pretty much all we’re ever going to see from us under him - and it’s probably a lot more disappointing and average than we all expected it to be (first 7/8 months aside tbh I’m still not certain why we were so good in that spell considering what’s come afterwards)

Edited by Manini
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I don't think he is. I think he is more suited in a 2 as the more withdrawn of the 2, we are so blinkered because we are use to Super Vardy preventing any need for creative thinking. Nacho in a 2 could be epic as he would drop deeper, link midfield, he is creative, and provide to another forward.

Yeah I get that but I guess I can look at it a bit more objectively from the outside a tad. I've watched him a fair bit now this season and last and he just hasn't go it imo. I really don't see him being this great link man either, he may be less bad at that than the rest of his forward play but he still doesn't strike me as being particularly amazing at it. I don't see him ever being good enough to be a regular starter at any EPL club in all honesty. It's time to give Perez a go up there imo.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah I get that but I guess I can look at it a bit more objectively from the outside a tad. I've watched him a fair bit now this season and last and he just hasn't go it imo. I really don't see him being this great link man either, he may be less bad at that than the rest of his forward play but he still doesn't strike me as being particularly amazing at it. I don't see him ever being good enough to be a regular starter at any EPL club in all honesty. It's time to give Perez a go up there imo.

I get what you are saying, but I believe we have seen enough skill and vision to suggest he must be worth trying (certainly without Vardy being available) and I do agree that trying Perez there is also a decent shout.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

None of our strikers apart from Vardy can play on their own.

 

Nacho and Perez has worked before so worth a go again. The only problem is without Ndidi we haven’t got the legs to play a diamond and playing 3-5-2 takes Barnes and either Praet/Maddison from the 11.

 

We’ll come out of this rut and when everyone is fit we’ll be flying again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as we have amazing owners, we dropped a ball by giving him a massive contract mid-season. It was inevitable we’d drop form sooner or later, it just happened to be immediately after he signed the new contract 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It might be that in this 2 he is total garbage, but I would like to see us try to use him as deeper striker as his technical capacity and vision is way beyond most of our players let alone just strikers

Totally agree with this. He is very good at what he does well. He can take the ball under extreme pressure and find a pass. Not many players can do that and it allows you to break through lines. He has a use to the team but we are not using him right

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Totally agree with this. He is very good at what he does well. He can take the ball under extreme pressure and find a pass. Not many players can do that and it allows you to break through lines. He has a use to the team but we are not using him right

Down to Rodgers tactics? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah I get that but I guess I can look at it a bit more objectively from the outside a tad. I've watched him a fair bit now this season and last and he just hasn't go it imo. I really don't see him being this great link man either, he may be less bad at that than the rest of his forward play but he still doesn't strike me as being particularly amazing at it. I don't see him ever being good enough to be a regular starter at any EPL club in all honesty. It's time to give Perez a go up there imo.

Jesus wept - I must watch a different game to you. What attribute does Perez have that suggests he can play CF? Kel was poor yesterday, but last season he played v well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Fvck me. I mean, seriously, we've  taken 9 points and in my opinion we'd have  expected 10 points from the games we've played.

 

0 points from West Ham/Villa, both at home, is very poor but given we took 3 from Man City when nobody expected us to.

 

It's not sustainable to change manager when something goes bad. Clubs constantly changing manager just eventually go down.

We've lost more than we have won this year with our only wins coming against Man City, Burnley, WBA, Villa, Birmingham, Brentford, west Ham, Newcastle, Wigan.

 

That's, 2 championship teams, a league 1 team, a newly promoted side and the rest (bar Man city) are hardly the best the league has to offer....

 

It's not good enough no matter how hard you defend it. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

As much as we have amazing owners, we dropped a ball by giving him a massive contract mid-season. It was inevitable we’d drop form sooner or later, it just happened to be immediately after he signed the new contract 

I agree with this, I think this adds to the pressure on everyone tbh. I think Rodgers is a great coach but he is vastly overpaid if you ask me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kevin Russell said:

Jesus wept - I must watch a different game to you. What attribute does Perez have that suggests he can play CF? Kel was poor yesterday, but last season he played v well. 

Perez has not really had a chance there, and on last night's viewing and most times I've seen Iheanacho start previously he's been useless. I'm not saying Perez will be the answer but with Vardy out you need to at least try something different as it's plainly not working with Iheanacho as Vardy's replacement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Perez has not really had a chance there, and on last night's viewing and most times I've seen Iheanacho start previously he's been useless. I'm not saying Perez will be the answer but with Vardy out you need to at least try something different as it's plainly not working with Iheanacho as Vardy's replacement.

Iheanacho is not useless - complete nonsense.

 

To be honest I should have stopped listening to your opinions on strikers when you said Edouard is better than Vardy, but I have to disagree again because I think either you don’t know anything about football or you are on a wind up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished 5th last year, currently 4th after 5 games (worst case 6th if others win their games in hand).

 

Had one bad game against West ham, and an average 1. With three very good ones......

 

And some on here are discussing sacking the manager?

 

We wont make top 6 this year but in the circumstances I dont think that's even expected. A top 10 finish would be a great result.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...