Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I

Iheanacho is not useless - complete nonsense.

 

To be honest I should have stopped listening to your opinions on strikers when you said Edouard is better than Vardy, but I have to disagree again because I think either you don’t know anything about football or you are on a wind up.

Hahahahaha I think you need to go back and check such posts my friend, I did not say that, nor will I ever say it, nor will I ever think it. I actually lambasted the guy who said that so please get your facts your right.

 

Well done on making an absolute tit of yourself.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I agree with this, I think this adds to the pressure on everyone tbh. I think Rodgers is a great coach but he is vastly overpaid if you ask me.

I think it creates a divide in the camp when someone high profile gets a big contract, it would certainly affect the players mentality even sub-consciously. I wonder if Arsenal came knocking for Claudio in 15-16 and we gave him a bumper new contract would we have won the league? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dylanlegend said:

I think it creates a divide in the camp when someone high profile gets a big contract, it would certainly affect the players mentality even sub-consciously. I wonder if Arsenal came knocking for Claudio in 15-16 and we gave him a bumper new contract would we have won the league? 

Surely the manager should be the highest paid staff on the books.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Finished 5th last year, currently 4th after 5 games (worst case 6th if others win their games in hand).

 

Had one bad game against West ham, and an average 1. With three very good ones......

 

And some on here are discussing sacking the manager?

 

We wont make top 6 this year but in the circumstances I dont think that's even expected. A top 10 finish would be a great result.

Agree with this, some perspective is needed, form has been up and down yes but let's see what happens when the season settles down a bit and some players start returning from injury.

 

It's not unique to this forum but football in general but there's misplaced emotion in both directions, for example after the Man City game to now, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Finished 5th last year, currently 4th after 5 games (worst case 6th if others win their games in hand).

 

Had one bad game against West ham, and an average 1. With three very good ones......

 

And some on here are discussing sacking the manager?

 

We wont make top 6 this year but in the circumstances I dont think that's even expected. A top 10 finish would be a great result.

Don't be such a downer. We still have a chance to win the league :scarf:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think with Rodgers he is frustrating more than he is a bad manager. There is a lot to admire and a lot of good points, but then he'll pull out a bizarre team selection/tactic, or make a change in a match, that backfires completely.

 

We know how good we can be, which he takes all the credit for, but then a lot of time it feels like it is his decision making that holds us back in some matches.

 

He's incredibly stubborn with his style of play, but then totally unpredictable in regards to shape and player selection.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically, we’re probably a point behind where we should be. 
 

swap the results against Man City and West Ham and where Villa are, a point was about right last night, then that’s probably where we should be. 
 

Hardly worthy of speculation on the Mangers future.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Agree with this, some perspective is needed, form has been up and down yes but let's see what happens when the season settles down a bit and some players start returning from injury.

 

It's not unique to this forum but football in general but there's misplaced emotion in both directions, for example after the Man City game to now, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

There are two sides in the league who have been consistent - the bigger sides have generally been more inconsistent  due to more players going on international duty.

 

Compare us to villa last night - everyone of our side bar perez and mendy went away on international duty. Bar Mcginn for them did they have a player who started a game? Maybe Mings?

 

Add to this our massive injury problems - not unrelated to the international games in my opinion. Slack needs cutting in my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Realistically, we’re probably a point behind where we should be. 
 

swap the results against Man City and West Ham and where Villa are, a point was about right last night, then that’s probably where we should be. 
 

Hardly worthy of speculation on the Mangers future.

Yeah all things considered and taking a step back I think it's been a very decent start to the season.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue with Brendan is that he wants to play a certain type of football, which is fine, if you have the players to do it.  Perhaps we do if we have no injuries but that isn't likely to happen this season with the fixture list as it is.

 

The best managers adapt the system to get the best out of the players they put on the pitch.  The worst managers stick to the system, regardless of players available and use that as a base, even if it means playing seven players out of position.  Brendan is also guilty of picking the "best" players and playing them out of position, rather than benching them and picking the best player for the position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah I get that but I guess I can look at it a bit more objectively from the outside a tad. I've watched him a fair bit now this season and last and he just hasn't go it imo. I really don't see him being this great link man either, he may be less bad at that than the rest of his forward play but he still doesn't strike me as being particularly amazing at it. I don't see him ever being good enough to be a regular starter at any EPL club in all honesty. It's time to give Perez a go up there imo.

That’s not a bad shout, he looks hopeless on the right side, but he’s quite skill full and can score goals, we have nothing to lose.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmao I’m still laughing at that Hamza sub yesterday. That’s up there that one **** me. He had Albrighton and Under on the bench, and for once, a bloke up front who is over 6ft and he didn’t use either of them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Finished 5th last year, currently 4th after 5 games (worst case 6th if others win their games in hand).

 

Had one bad game against West ham, and an average 1. With three very good ones......

 

And some on here are discussing sacking the manager?

 

We wont make top 6 this year but in the circumstances I dont think that's even expected. A top 10 finish would be a great result.

I still wouldn't rule out top 7, the league isn't anywhere near as solid and consistent as previous. These injuries have to stop though, bordering on insane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dayday said:

Like most people who watched that game last night, it was glaringly obvious that we needed to change tactics around 55 minute mark


But Rodgers doesn’t change tactics, this is why he will never be a top top manager.

 

What was his reasons for bringing Slimani on?, the poor bloke can’t run for toffee, so was asked to do a job of running around like a headless chicken, it was painful watching.

 

If you’re going to bring on that type of player, bring Albrighton and Under on who will look to put balls in the box, it’s not rocket science.

 

Rodgers was like a breath of fresh air when he took over, quick incisive passing, it was a joy to watch.

 

We have stopped doing those good things, and you have to wonder why.

 

 

 

 

 

Thats the point, I Dont understand why,just like Puel before , he seemed he had the Team ticking.

No fan likes such a Drop off,without reason...!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to be honest and say that it’s still a very weak squad, hope we don’t get trapped up in Europe and end up slipping down the table, Rodgers is a decent coach but reality is we have spent too much money on investments not ready made players and that is why they hired Rodgers cos his record in developing players and selling them is fantastic, issue is most on here are deluded that we are a big club, we are not a big club we are a club owned by rich people we have a smallish ground and not the biggest fan base globally, we have all the tools to improve but it will take time, my one worry is the political situation in Thailand and how that might affect Top and his family add to that their main income (duty free and retail space) has collapsed. let’s stick with Rodgers and see what he can do over next 3 or 4 years. 

Edited by King of Gipsy Lane
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Manini said:

Lmao I’m still laughing at that Hamza sub yesterday. That’s up there that one **** me. He had Albrighton and Under on the bench, and for once, a bloke up front who is over 6ft and he didn’t use either of them. 

Hamza for tielenans was more logical if he wanted energy. He makes good ones, he makes bad ones. Rarely do our subs not have an impact on the game. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

A manager who he beat 9 nil? 

 

This thread. Wow.

 

5 of our first team out against a team thats flying. Its a bad patch, weve got a tough spell coming up if we don't do well in that ill begin to question things.

...how many times was that repeated last season, "bad day at the office" was also a popular one as well!!!

People were saying we are struggling but some people just were not prepared to listen, (there was nothing they could do about it though) but nonetheless they were ridiculed.

  I am not sure why the next set of games would lead you to question what is going on, it is already evident that we are a team struggling to overcome a style of play which our manager is unable to resolve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Thats the point, I Dont understand why,just like Puel before , he seemed he had the Team ticking.

No fan likes such a Drop off,without reason...!!!

education not speculation but that would make for a very boring forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...how many times was that repeated last season, "bad day at the office" was also a popular one as well!!!

People were saying we are struggling but some people just were not prepared to listen, (there was nothing they could do about it though) but nonetheless they were ridiculed.

  I am not sure why the next set of games would lead you to question what is going on, it is already evident that we are a team struggling to overcome a style of play which our manager is unable to resolve.

Based on the last 2 but ignoring the previous 3 to that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Have to be honest and say that it’s still a very weak squad, hope we don’t get trapped up in Europe and end up slipping down the table, Rodgers is a decent coach but reality is we have spent too much money on investments not ready made players and that is why they hired Rodgers cos his record in developing players and selling them is fantastic, issue is most on here are deluded that we are a big club, we are not a big club we are a club owned by rich people we have a smallish ground and not the biggest fan base globally, we have all the tools to improve but it will take time, my one worry is the political situation in Thailand and how that might affect Top and his family add to that their main income (duty free and retail space) has collapsed. let’s stick with Rodgers and see what he can do over next 3 or 4 years. 

Between politics, the business and covid it really is the perfect storm for Top. .....and I'm sure his dad is in his thoughts as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair take 5 first team players it of any team in this league - including Man City and Liverpool and they struggle.

Imagine even last season when they were all conquering of Liverpool

lost TAA, VVD, Fabinho, Henderson and Mane. It’s a completely different side.

We can talk all you like about squad depth, but when you take 5 first XI players out there is not a lot you can do. World class ready made replacements simply don’t come to Leicester to sit on the bench or be squad players.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Between politics, the business and covid it really is the perfect storm for Top. .....and I'm sure his dad is in his thoughts as well.

Feel for him he has HUGE shoes to fill, my fear is it’s only time before we get traded to balance the books, wonder what we are worth ? £300m ? £200m , Newcastle at £350m would for me make us £250-300m , but another way to look at it is the club is like a big insurance policy for them. To keep things in perspective we haven’t seen any evidence they are trying to sell us and continue to invest so I’m hoping my fear is just irrational thinking in an irrational time 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...