Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Pressue on? In October?

 

Before the season started, we'd have settled for 10 points at this stage anyway (predicting WBA win, Burnley win, Man City lose, West Ham win and Villa draw given their start to the season).

 

9 points from our games so far. I'm not panicking.

 

If we lose a few then put pressure on the manager then we ain't gonna get anywhere as a club. What we gonna do? Sack him and get in a new manager, give him time tp bring in his own players, sack him, get a new manager...

Pressure is on because we have played West Ham and Villa at home without creating a single chance. Last season we scored a total of 14 goals in the league against those two teams.

 

We look incredibly easy to set up against.

 

Obviously i'm not calling for Brendan's head. He's the best manager we could hope for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lcfcfoz said:

Arsenal, Away.

Leeds, Away.

Wolves, Home.

International break.

Liverpool, away.

How many points are we going to get?

Pressure is definitely on Rodgers now.

 

12 points....Until teaching that 5th game has proven otherwise...:P

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lcfcfoz said:

Arsenal, Away.

Leeds, Away.

Wolves, Home.

International break.

Liverpool, away.

How many points are we going to get?

Pressure is definitely on Rodgers now.

 

Arsenal away : 3

Leeds away: 1

Wolves home: 0

Liverpool away: 3

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's not one single team in the league who fancy playing us or take three points for granted when we are at full strength. 10 top rated players who'd make any other team in the league jisr about, plus the self imposed handicap that is Perez to try and give the opponents a other of s chance.

 

Right now, we have a squad absolutely decimated through injury. It's a great time to play us. Villa were lucky to be playing us when we have 8 major players out or playing half fit. We just have to suck it up and wait for a full strength xi to rip villa a new kne (and any others who steal point off us now)  

 

6 points tho, in a answer to the OP

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Pressure is on because we have played West Ham and Villa at home without creating a single chance. Last season we scored a total of 14 goals in the league against those two teams.

 

We look incredibly easy to set up against.

 

Obviously i'm not calling for Brendan's head. He's the best manager we could hope for.

Take your point but everything is different in another season. Doesn't matter what happened last season. We lost to Man City last season but battered them this season.

 

Both West Ham and Villa are in good form (people speak of Villa's last game but don't forget West Ham battered Wolves 4-0) so I acknowledge them however, I do agree that the main issue is not creating chances. Mind you, Vardy did miss a one on one against West Ham.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Take your point but everything is different in another season. Doesn't matter what happened last season. We lost to Man City last season but battered them this season.

 

Both West Ham and Villa are in good form (people speak of Villa's last game but don't forget West Ham battered Wolves 4-0) so I acknowledge them however, I do agree that the main issue is not creating chances. Mind you, Vardy did miss a one on one against West Ham.

Were we not also in good form?

 

We'd won our first games and had spanked the second best side in the country.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

If the useless donkey Nacho man is up front, we are unlikely to score. So we will probably lose them all 1-0, unless someone else get their shooting boots on.

...got to be a more astute way in order to critique a player!!!

If Rodgers keep making this decision to play Nacho in this way then you will continue to get the same result. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Pressue on? In October?

 

Before the season started, we'd have settled for 10 points at this stage anyway (predicting WBA win, Burnley win, Man City lose, West Ham win and Villa draw given their start to the season).

 

9 points from our games so far. I'm not panicking.

 

If we lose a few then put pressure on the manager then we ain't gonna get anywhere as a club. What we gonna do? Sack him and get in a new manager, give him time tp bring in his own players, sack him, get a new manager...

Totally agree with you that we shouldn't be considering sacking at this stage but the performances in the last 2 games have been very poor and it almost feels like weve gone back to the form we showed between xmas and the end of last season. Rodgers doesnt always endear himself to the fans either with his baffling tactics and horrific subs. Injuries are not helping but I dont want to see him using that as an excuse as we had good enough players to have been able to beat West Ham and Villa but his poor tactics and decision making and inability to change things cost us in both games. 

 

We will lose games this season that's inevitable, but fans will accept a defeat more if we've played well, created chances and just been unlucky. We deserved exactly what we got against Villa and West Ham. Nothing. 1st half against villa it thought we played ok and controlled the game but didnt create alot. 2nd half we were awful and just allowed Villa onto us and it was inevitable they would score. The fact Rodgers seemed like he would have been happy with a 0-0 draw at home to villa worries me also. Yes they have been in good form, but if we want to be challenging the top 6 again, we have got to be more positive than we were yesterday and go for all 3 points rather than trying to sneak a 0-0. We would be happy with a 0-0 against the big teams, not Villa. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Totally agree with you that we shouldn't be considering sacking at this stage but the performances in the last 2 games have been very poor and it almost feels like weve gone back to the form we showed between xmas and the end of last season. Rodgers doesnt always endear himself to the fans either with his baffling tactics and horrific subs. Injuries are not helping but I dont want to see him using that as an excuse as we had good enough players to have been able to beat West Ham and Villa but his poor tactics and decision making and inability to change things cost us in both games. 

 

We will lose games this season that's inevitable, but fans will accept a defeat more if we've played well, created chances and just been unlucky. We deserved exactly what we got against Villa and West Ham. Nothing. 1st half against villa it thought we played ok and controlled the game but didnt create alot. 2nd half we were awful and just allowed Villa onto us and it was inevitable they would score. The fact Rodgers seemed like he would have been happy with a 0-0 draw at home to villa worries me also. Yes they have been in good form, but if we want to be challenging the top 6 again, we have got to be more positive than we were yesterday and go for all 3 points rather than trying to sneak a 0-0. We would be happy with a 0-0 against the big teams, not Villa. 

Which is my point... 2 games.

 

Also, people underestimating West Ham and Villa at the given times we played them. Villa had just put 7 past Liverpool and won 3 games in a row. West Ham had just hammered Wolves 4-0. Also, we'd just won 3 in a row.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Are we really playing 2nd, 5th and 7th Nov?? How many more injuries can we manage. Jeez. 

 

:nigel:

Nah the game on the 7th Nov against Wolves will get moved. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/10/2020 at 18:49, jayfox26 said:

Totally agree with you that we shouldn't be considering sacking at this stage but the performances in the last 2 games have been very poor and it almost feels like weve gone back to the form we showed between xmas and the end of last season. Rodgers doesnt always endear himself to the fans either with his baffling tactics and horrific subs. Injuries are not helping but I dont want to see him using that as an excuse as we had good enough players to have been able to beat West Ham and Villa but his poor tactics and decision making and inability to change things cost us in both games. 

 

We will lose games this season that's inevitable, but fans will accept a defeat more if we've played well, created chances and just been unlucky. We deserved exactly what we got against Villa and West Ham. Nothing. 1st half against villa it thought we played ok and controlled the game but didnt create alot. 2nd half we were awful and just allowed Villa onto us and it was inevitable they would score. The fact Rodgers seemed like he would have been happy with a 0-0 draw at home to villa worries me also. Yes they have been in good form, but if we want to be challenging the top 6 again, we have got to be more positive than we were yesterday and go for all 3 points rather than trying to sneak a 0-0. We would be happy with a 0-0 against the big teams, not Villa. 

If you can beat Liverpool  7-2  you are a big team  and  on paper our results  made us  4 goals  better than  L iverpool   and  3 goals better than Man C   and   1 better than Wolves with  only half a side out  so hardly    a  shoot yourself time

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...