Jump to content
Nod.E

Male Pattern Baldness

Recommended Posts

I was receding in my early 20s and wish I’d shaved it back then. I looked so geeky with my attempted Roy Keane 90s haircut back then and now Know why I never pulled. The moment I started having a number 1, which feels long now, I looked so much better and for the past few years I’ve shaved it totally three times a week. Like others have said the confidence to embrace it is the key. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Ever tempted to shave off the ginge @Izzy?

I shaved it down to a #2 in lockdown but it scared the kids as I looked like I'd escaped from Belsen.

 

Tried growing it long over the years but end up looking like Ed Sheeran on a bad day.

 

So now stuck somewhere in the middle with a big ginger/grey beard. The chicks dig it :thumbup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I shaved it down to a #2 in lockdown but it scared the kids as I looked like I'd escaped from Belsen.

 

Tried growing it long over the years but end up looking like Ed Sheeran on a bad day.

 

So now stuck somewhere in the middle with a big ginger/grey beard. The chicks dig it :thumbup:

yey but what about the women...??:o

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it bothers you that much look into hair transplants. I met a guy up town one time who talked about how he went to Panama or somewhere random and got it sorted there fairly cheap. He shown me the pictures of it whilst it was healing up and it looked ****ing rank. Head was all red and scabby. Mind you his hair did look alright when I was speaking to him though. He said it was painful though and he couldn't get much sleep whilst it was healing up. I know people go to Turkey to get them done as well as their teeth. **** knows the prices but probably much cheaper to fly there and sort it then get it in the UK. Only issue is you cant keep going back or whatever if theres an issue. 

 

Shampoos won't do **** all though lad. Hate to say it. Don't let those before and after pictures con you lol. 

 

If you have a long term girlfriend then just shave it. It will show your commitment to your bird that you're ready to settle down with her :D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beliall said:

I have been shaving my head for years now, not because i was balding, because im ginger

I see you kept the beard though :thumbup:

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Before

image.jpeg.86c709f4ab194b04597e5735278fbfda.jpeg

After

image.jpeg.34a0a8411c9936b9372b9c660f98e08d.jpeg

 

Sometimes bald is better :D

 

I'm getting confused by all this talk about high testosterone causing baldness.

 

He looks like he has a lot more testosterone after cutting his hair off.

 

Is this a Reverse Samson effect whereby cutting your hair off increases your testosterone? Could save a fortune on Viagra.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Christoph said:

If it bothers you that much look into hair transplants. I met a guy up town one time who talked about how he went to Panama or somewhere random and got it sorted there fairly cheap. He shown me the pictures of it whilst it was healing up and it looked ****ing rank. Head was all red and scabby. Mind you his hair did look alright when I was speaking to him though. He said it was painful though and he couldn't get much sleep whilst it was healing up. I know people go to Turkey to get them done as well as their teeth. **** knows the prices but probably much cheaper to fly there and sort it then get it in the UK. Only issue is you cant keep going back or whatever if theres an issue. 

 

Shampoos won't do **** all though lad. Hate to say it. Don't let those before and after pictures con you lol. 

 

If you have a long term girlfriend then just shave it. It will show your commitment to your bird that you're ready to settle down with her :D

 

Yeah, live with my girlfriend and we've been together nearly 5 years so that isn't the issue! It's pretty irrational when you boil it down but I suppose it's just a confidence thing.

 

Agree shampoos seem to have little to no effect from what I've read. This supplement I've bought apparently blocks DHT at source, and it's the hormone responsible for reducing follicle size. 

 

I've read enough positive impartial reviews to at least give it a go.

 

If in 4/5 months I've still got a sunroof I'll have to decide whether I want to fork out for a trip to Turkey (bit of cheeky golf while I'm there), or get the razor out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth, and from a woman's perspective, there is nothing worse than a man trying to keep hold of his hair imo. Shaven is great, just embrace it would be my suggestion. If people are lucky enough to keep a full head then great, but changes come to us all, we need to just go with them. Don't waste your money or your energy trying to defy nature. Give it a few weeks and you'll not look back I'm sure :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Not exactly scientific, but I always seem to notice those who.losr hair 'early' have a decent beard and as such, can kinda invert the look

 

I have a full head of hair but have a crappy straggling beard if it goes beyond stubble. So I'm stuck with a clean shave to 5 day stubble for ever. But a decent Barnet 😂

My world in one post. I reckon I'd rather be bald and be able to grow decent facial hair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Collymore said:

I remember having some Fox Leisure shampoo back in the 90s that claimed on the bottle it promoted hair growth, or something along those lines. 

Choudary has got a steady supply of it.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

For what it's worth, and from a woman's perspective, there is nothing worse than a man trying to keep hold of his hair imo. Shaven is great, just embrace it would be my suggestion. If people are lucky enough to keep a full head then great, but changes come to us all, we need to just go with them. Don't waste your money or your energy trying to defy nature. Give it a few weeks and you'll not look back I'm sure :)

I'm with you. Fortunately my dad had a full head of hair right to the end and I seem to have the same gene. I know many friends who been going bald for a number of years. They have all taken the shaven headed look. It took quite a leap for some to accept that they were going bald. Baldness isn't a sign of lack of machismo maleness. It happens to so many men. Accept it, be proud and confident. look at how many sporting greats past and present have shaven heads when baldness was an issue and it makes them look so much better than those who don't . Just take a look at Donald Trump. Is that the look you want?

Not you Debs, Obviously... 

Edited by Parafox
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nod.E said:

I'll bear it in mind!

 

I've had decent hair in the not too distant past. It's only really a patch at this point, so I'd rather give supplements a go. 

 

If they don't work I've only wasted £60/£70. Worth a try.

We’ve all had decent hair in the past.

I don’t want to be a profit of doom but a patch is how it starts.

I know what you mean about baldness suiting some men but not others,

I think guys with big round heads suit being bald, unfortunately I’ve got

a small odd shaped head, luckily though I’ve got handsome face and a

great personality.:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Started shaving mine completely bald this year with a razor (not even 30 yet). Best decision I’ve made, bald and sexy 

I’ve been doing it for years too, I’ve a full head of hair but I just dislike having hair, it’s a faff I can’t be arsed with. Quick once over with the razor in the shower and I’m good to go all day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nod.E said:

The thinking is that I won't have to hide it if it works.

 

I just know I won't suit being bald. My face is too long and narrow. I'd look like a pool cue.

My face is round, so I'd probably look like a cue ball next you you!

 

In all seriousness, I bet the only person that has that perception of it not suiting you is you. I mean that positively. Most people won't notice, or even give a damn.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I went away a couple of years ago I decided I couldn't be arsed to try and cover it up all trip (when blatantly obvious anyway), so I shaved it off. Best decision I could have made. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have alow growth on the top of my head. I use a #1 clipper all over and it looks good. I dont  are for the bald clean shaven look yet. I also have a decent beard going which makes me look sexier. 

 

Embrace baldness and use a #1  or clean shave it all !

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am 33 and been receding for about 7-8 years. Got right thick curly hair but the front is starting to look like a Steve mclaren island. Not a good look. It’ll go sooner rather than later.

 

these shampoos and products are all bullocks. You’re gonna have to nip to turkey if you want a full on Noddy Holder head of hair

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...