lnkstern

Arsenal v Leicester pre-match

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Arteta is not as rigid as Wenger and is more astute tactically!!!

We could play them on the counter, providing Vardy is available Barnes and Praet will be great support on the break. I can't see them sitting, which might just play into our hands, should Rodgers choose to abandon his usual policy.

This arsenal side sits back as much as any team in the league, arteta may have this reputation as a student of guardiola but his Arsenal side play some turgid anti football (no im not calling counter attacking football anti football, just this arsenal side). Also we really shouldnt play 3 atb, they massively exposed our flanks with our fullbacks pushed up last time round.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Need to get a result here if not pressure grows 

Pressure from who?? I don't this strange mentality of taking 2-3 games as definitive proof of anything whether won or lost, I reckon this will be a repeat of last season 1-1 

Edited by Beachyboy
18 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

This arsenal side sits back as much as any team in the league, arteta may have this reputation as a student of guardiola but his Arsenal side play some turgid anti football (no im not calling counter attacking football anti football, just this arsenal side). Also we really shouldnt play 3 atb, they massively exposed our flanks with our fullbacks pushed up last time round.

Agreed. We should stick to our own 4141 (or 433 as it is, in possession). It’s that formation that got us 7wins on the bounce last season. Stick to what you know, with the player selection to suit the formation 

Will be a Tough game but if the lads can play like they did V Zorya I think we could get something from this, but a big conundrum is if Vardy is fit do we throw him straight back in with a possibility of knocking back Nacho’s confidence or Ease him back from the bench to protect his last injury & start Nacho ?

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Will be a Tough game but if the lads can play like they did V Zorya I think we could get something from this, but a big conundrum is if Vardy is fit do we throw him straight back in with a possibility of knocking back Nacho’s confidence or Ease him back from the bench to protect his last injury & start Nacho ?

Two up front go 4 4 2 ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Play like we did against Vorya in the 25 minutes and we'll be 3 behind!!

4 hours ago, justfoxes said:

As much as i like nacho if vardy's fit he has to start, although the idea of a vardy supersub running at tired centrebacks is a bit enticing.

• Like 1