Jump to content
Sly

Florian Thauvin

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Guybino said:

we can't keep Morgan and Fuchs?

Based loosely on these figures it comes in at a whopping £252'000 p/w. That's including matty james 45k p/w. We could get 2 worldies for those savings, or say 3 players that could well rock the premier league. Id expect 3 players on 80/85 per week to be impact please to the team.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

He seems like he would be a great addition. I would think, bringing in another winger, after already having Under would come down to what Brendan thinks of Perez. If Perez is not in the long-term plans then you are going to need to bring in somebody else that can add depth and competition on that right side.

 

I would think if we are in the same position next summer of being tight budget-wise it could be a question of would you rather have a winger (like Thauvin) or a young striker? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Stadt said:

Our wage/turnover ratio is quite high but we’ll be shifting Slimani and Morgan next summer. Most likely Gray and Fuchs as well 

But not Matty James.....Unlike Trump 4 more years!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2020 at 01:10, volpeazzurro said:

Let's hope so eh.

IDK, he could prove important depth the way this season is going, having legit Prem-level players has allowed us to continue this run. That appears to be the big difference between this season and last season's injuries -- we lost a starter but added 3 (and they arrived with no bedding-in time req'd), players improved (James Justin has improved a metric fuk-ton from last season IMO, even from earlier this season, plus something has simply clicked, and a number of under-23s have made the squad and seem ready to show they can provide depth, Praet and Mendy seem improved as well), and perhaps most importantly, players like Fuchs, Morgan, and Albrighton have stepped in to remind us how good they can still be. We've played Ayoze out of position the entire time he has been here, if someone has to lead the line in Vardy's absence, he's a legit option if Nacho cannot produce. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Good job Man City and Liverpool weren't above Chelsea flops in KDB and Sarah several years ago. 

 

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Sarah who?..

Brightman?

 

 

Think it’s time to say goodbye with spelling like that!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vanity said:

IDK, he could prove important depth the way this season is going, having legit Prem-level players has allowed us to continue this run. That appears to be the big difference between this season and last season's injuries -- we lost a starter but added 3 (and they arrived with no bedding-in time req'd), players improved (James Justin has improved a metric fuk-ton from last season IMO, even from earlier this season, plus something has simply clicked, and a number of under-23s have made the squad and seem ready to show they can provide depth, Praet and Mendy seem improved as well), and perhaps most importantly, players like Fuchs, Morgan, and Albrighton have stepped in to remind us how good they can still be. We've played Ayoze out of position the entire time he has been here, if someone has to lead the line in Vardy's absence, he's a legit option if Nacho cannot produce. 

Yes, players have slotted in even though no settling period and others improved, even as you say,  a renaissance from some of our older players. All improved except Perez, that's the point, he sticks out like a sore thumb and as for being played out of position, as people have pointed out on here many times, he played out on the right for Newcastle,  albeit that he only had about one decent season in 3 or 4! Yes, he does seem better down the middle but he's still poor there. I'd sooner have Maddison, Iheanacho, Barnes, Tielemans or Praet behind Vardy than Perez as they are all considerably superior or at least more effective than him. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Think if we're intending to sign Under permanently,  Thauvin is a 'nice to have' but not a 'need to have' type of player. Before we go down that well torn clichéd path of strength in depth it's firstly worth looking at priorities. If we can sell the now surplus to requirements Perez then good, and, a few more contracts will be up and wage savings made next summer. However, a priority for me is surely to address the obvious elephant in the room, the striker issue in preparation for Vardy's eventual retirement or inability to play as much football as he currently does. That won't come cheap and it would be good not to have to sell one of our better players to finance it this time. Strength in depth is fine but understandably players want to play and not sit on the bench. You can end up just collecting players like shiny things and having unrest in the camp. Do we really think a young international like Under at his stage in the game would be happy playing bit parts or visa versa Thauvin and we also have Barnes? For me it's Under or Thauvin not both and personally I see more football future and collateral in Under. A striker really is a priority for me and yet again, come summer, our owners won't be splashing the cash, it's not they're way.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

As impressed as we all are with Under, he's going to cost 20 odd million next summer, Florian Thauvin will be free in the summer.

 

I think if we are spending cash it will be on a forward.

 

Just don't see us having both at the start of next season.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

As impressed as we all are with Under, he's going to cost 20 odd million next summer, Florian Thauvin will be free in the summer.

 

I think if we are spending cash it will be on a forward.

 

Just don't see us having both at the start of next season.

 

 

I suppose with Under, by the summer, we'll have seen whether he's actually good enough to buy or not. He's also of an age to have improvement in him and potential big sell on value. At this point in time he's low risk.

 

Thauvin on the other hand, however good he has been more recently in France following injury (a potential issue), he was still very poor here previously and if I remember rightly, a big part of that was his lack of physicality. He of course may have improved in that department or he might just not be suited to our type of game like Perez questionably isn't. Either way it's a risk and no sell on value due to age with potentially high wages. Thus far, Under is showing signs that under Rodgers tutelage, he will make the grade. We don't need both I feel as there are other priorities. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2020 at 14:41, TrentFox said:

I think the biggest problem foreign attacking imports will have in January is this. 😊

 

79651B6F-6F51-4F06-921D-ABB0C8CB2242.jpeg

I could play in goal behind that defense, and we'd still keep a clean sheet.  Would need someone to take the dead ball kicks though.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2020 at 15:49, UHDrive said:

Based loosely on these figures it comes in at a whopping £252'000 p/w. That's including matty james 45k p/w. We could get 2 worldies for those savings, or say 3 players that could well rock the premier league. Id expect 3 players on 80/85 per week to be impact please to the team.


I think we’ll also need to improve the contracts of some players already at the club as well. Ricardo for example will need to be on £80k/wk at least if he’s going to sign an extension. Then there’s Soyuncu, N’Didi and Fofana if he continues to impress. These players could earn a fortune at the elite clubs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buce said:

 

Possibly

 

 

Report: Rodgers asks Leicester to sign £18m World Cup winner; he wants £85k-a-week

 

I like that as I scroll down that article a little Brendan Rodgers sticks his head out from the side. 

 

Not gonna lie, I scrolled up and down a few times. 

 

Like maybe twelve. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/11/2020 at 10:15, volpeazzurro said:

Thauvin on the other hand, however good he has been more recently in France following injury (a potential issue), he was still very poor here previously and if I remember rightly, a big part of that was his lack of physicality.

Bit unfair to say he was very poor here when he played the equivalent of just over 6 games in his time at Newcastle under Steve McLaren in a Newcastle side that got relegated

 

He played just 420 minutes (4.6 games) in the Prem that season, 38 minutes in the FA Cup, and 110 minutes in the League Cup

 

He was also being mainly played as a Left Winger, when he has clearly shown in his time at Marseille that he is strongest as a Right Winger

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...