StanSP

Wes Morgan Lined Up for Executive Role

19 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Odd article. First reason it gives for him being given the role is because of ethnic background, not the fact he's been a magnificent leader for nearly a decade and has led the team up from obscurity to the highest tiers of the sport. If he were from anywhere in the world and had done what he has done for the Club we should be treating him the same.

Fantastic though, shows again we're building a legacy and plan for being more than a flash in the pan.

I've also noticed from little pieces of media, we have Holly, Jade & Jonathan Morgan all in major roles of the Ladies Foxes team - any relation?

No.

2 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Christ we had better have fans in the stadium by the time he retires. I genuinely would hate not seeing him get the send off he deserves. He is a hero and a legend and he more than deserves is multiple ovations. 

Even if it takes until Wes is fifty, pretty sure the club will have him on the field.

• Like 1

It's the thing isn't it, clubs need legacy to continue their philosophies and remain part of the community and grounded.

I know that's a wild vision in the current climate of breakaway leagues, consolidation of powers and money grabbing, but if we can maintain a level of authenticity through positions like this, it gives me a glimmer of hope for the future of football.

Wes doesn't need any justification. 

Club Legend. 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Define executive role? What would his actual duties be? Not saying he shouldn't have one merely is there a purposeful role that needs fulfilling?

Yeah in general I have no idea what executives do. Jointly make decisions re the Premier League, 15 quid matches, etc? Anyone enlighten me? 

Anyhow I think it would be good to have a footballer, and one who led us to world fame and fortune, on the board, rather than a executive who may have less interest in the game itself.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, casablancas said:

Christ we had better have fans in the stadium by the time he retires. I genuinely would hate not seeing him get the send off he deserves. He is a hero and a legend and he more than deserves is multiple ovations. 

No chance there are fans this season mate.

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

No chance there are fans this season mate.

Oh I know mate. Currently working with covid patients ... I have no expectations of fans ... just wishful thinking. I’d rather the club retain him as a player even if he cannot make it onto the pitch until the 88th minute of his very last game in the KP

Here's the current list of Senior Management Executives

https://www.lcfc.com/club/senior-management

Maybe something to do with the Management of the New Training Facility.

I guess in reality based on experience it'll probably be a 'junior' executive role where he can learn more about that part of the business and work his way up.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Odd article. First reason it gives for him being given the role is because of ethnic background, not the fact he's been a magnificent leader for nearly a decade and has led the team up from obscurity to the highest tiers of the sport. If he were from anywhere in the world and had done what he has done for the Club we should be treating him the same.

Fantastic though, shows again we're building a legacy and plan for being more than a flash in the pan.

I've also noticed from little pieces of media, we have Holly, Jade & Jonathan Morgan all in major roles of the Ladies Foxes team - any relation?

The journalist has gone with that angle because he’s writing for a wider audience than Leicester fans.

‘Club makes someone executive’ is not a story that would usually make the nationals. It’s only being reported by one because (presumably) there’s very few BAEM executives.