Jump to content
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

There is something up with milik. 

 

hes not played for 6 months and there's a load of hype around him.

 

Something doesn't add up for me.

I've looked at his stats, two goals in his last 17 last season. The only games he's played this season are for Poland where he's no longer a starter. I remember he was dreadful at Euro 2016 too, one to avoid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the next two windows id like to see:

 

Choudhury replaced by KDH 

Under signed and Gray sold/contract ended

Fuchs allowed to move to US

Morgan retired to back room staff 

new contract for Evans 

One creative midfielder signed

one striker signed and Slimani sold/released 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

How Lingard is still at Manchester United and not sent out on-loan / sold to some top-half Championship side, is a mystery.

 

Stolen a living by clinging onto a historic club and not doing much to warrant it.

It annoys me how shit he was for us yet scores pretty much every time he’s involved against us. Same as Kane. Why did it take being at a Premium club for you to apply yourself? 
 

That said, it’s been documented that he’s had problems off the field this year. He’s had to play a father role to his family after some illness. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

There is something up with milik. 

 

hes not played for 6 months and there's a load of hype around him.

 

Something doesn't add up for me. Athletico apparently not interested in him now. I feel like his agent is pushing hard and probably asking for a load of money which no one is going to pay.

He wasn't added to their squad list this season because he said he wanted to leave. They also refused to sell him. Seems like it's broken down there for him and they are purposely trying to screw him over for whatever reason. 

 

32 goals in 52 games for Ajax and 38 in 93 for Napoli show he knows were the goal is. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

In the next two windows id like to see:

 

Choudhury replaced by KDH 

Under signed and Gray sold/contract ended

Fuchs allowed to move to US

Morgan retired to back room staff 

new contract for Evans 

One creative midfielder signed

one striker signed and Slimani sold/released 

Add  - release Jacko- pointless waste of a wage and add in James too and I suspect that adds up to a tidy sum that we could used to tie down the likes of Youri/Wilf/Justin and Harvey and still have some spare to invest on a striker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, KFS said:

It annoys me how shit he was for us yet scores pretty much every time he’s involved against us. Same as Kane. Why did it take being at a Premium club for you to apply yourself? 
 

That said, it’s been documented that he’s had problems off the field this year. He’s had to play a father role to his family after some illness. 

They were both 20 years old and only with us on loan.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

In the next two windows id like to see:

 

Choudhury replaced by KDH 

Under signed and Gray sold/contract ended

Fuchs allowed to move to US

Morgan retired to back room staff 

new contract for Evans 

One creative midfielder signed

one striker signed and Slimani sold/released 

What we doing with Benkovic, Jeff?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_77 said:

They were both 20 years old and only with us on loan.

No excuse when we’ve got Fofana and Thomas who are unreal and the same age. 
 

Lingard and Kane didn’t apply themselves. As a biased fan who loves my club that will never make sense to me. Then the audacity to celebrate the way they do as if it was Leicester’s fault...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he would perform if i am honest. I have a feeling he would trot around the pitch, on a high wage, with little reward. I would much rather see a youth player introduced who's keen, sharp and wanting to make his career.

 

It was blatantly obvious we were astonishingly weak in the ST position before the season, when we did nothing about it, so i would be surprised if we did anything in January. Maybe the club still think Nacho can come good - unfortunately for us, we'll have to watch him try and subsequently embarrass himself each week.

 

Anyone know of any youth players that they think would have the quality to step up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

In the next two windows id like to see:

 

Choudhury replaced by KDH 

Under signed and Gray sold/contract ended

Fuchs allowed to move to US

Morgan retired to back room staff 

new contract for Evans 

One creative midfielder signed

one striker signed and Slimani sold/released 

I'd also throw in signing a centre back.. That would just leave us with soyuncu, Evans and fofana... Justin as cover.. But a proper centre back as a 4th choice would be useful as we've relied heavily on fuchs this season

 

And replace Albrighton with someone quicker probably.. Love the lad but always looks like he's running in thick mud to me 

 

Other than that.. I agree with the rest.. Would make us very solid if we don't lose anyone we want to keep hold of

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, KFS said:

No excuse when we’ve got Fofana and Thomas who are unreal and the same age. 
 

Lingard and Kane didn’t apply themselves. As a biased fan who loves my club that will never make sense to me. Then the audacity to celebrate the way they do as if it was Leicester’s fault...

Jamie Vardy, Ian Wright, Mitoslav Klose, Luca Toni, Ciro Immobile, Didier Drogba, Ramires, Kevin Phillips, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Ole Gunner Solskjaer, Dado Prso..... all bloomed late. Some of those guys didn't sign a professional contract until their 20's. 

 

Not all players mature at the same age. 

 

Just look at our title winning team. How many of those guys would have been good enough for us at 20? Mahrez, Okazaki, Albrighton, Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs,  Drinkwater?? Few, if any. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, KFS said:

No excuse when we’ve got Fofana and Thomas who are unreal and the same age. 
 

Lingard and Kane didn’t apply themselves. As a biased fan who loves my club that will never make sense to me. Then the audacity to celebrate the way they do as if it was Leicester’s fault...

 

On the flip side....  Freddy Adu, Francis Jeffers, Ariel Ortega, David Bendtner, David Bentley  Julius Aghahowa, phillipe Christanval,  Jermaine Aliadiere, Bebe, Bojan..... All superstars at 20. All turned out to be utter crap. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Simonb said:

I'd also throw in signing a centre back.. That would just leave us with soyuncu, Evans and fofana... Justin as cover.. But a proper centre back as a 4th choice would be useful as we've relied heavily on fuchs this season

 

And replace Albrighton with someone quicker probably.. Love the lad but always looks like he's running in thick mud to me 

 

Other than that.. I agree with the rest.. Would make us very solid if we don't lose anyone we want to keep hold of

Thought about CB but was impressed with Amartey the other day so I’d stick with him as 4th choice. Wilf can also play there if absolutely desperate 

 

I’d keep Albrighton. Covers right and left side wing, wingback and fullback (if desperate) his versatility and experience could be invaluable 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

In the next two windows id like to see:

 

Choudhury replaced by KDH 

Under signed and Gray sold/contract ended

Fuchs allowed to move to US

Morgan retired to back room staff 

new contract for Evans 

One creative midfielder signed

one striker signed and Slimani sold/released 

Thats fair enough...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Goals is what we need. We don't have a reliable Vardy alternative. We can defend, create, run down the wing and all that stuff but without the goals, all of that stuff is pointless. Go round the county and get every kid who scores 30 goals a season and shove through the new academy, and put Vardy in charge of the all. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Add  - release Jacko- pointless waste of a wage and add in James too and I suspect that adds up to a tidy sum that we could used to tie down the likes of Youri/Wilf/Justin and Harvey and still have some spare to invest on a striker.

It's not a pointless waste of a wage, you have to register three senior goalkeepers in a European squad. You are not going to get anyone better to be third choice.

 

James and Jakupovic will be on a combined £70kpw at most. You are not going to have spare from £4m to invest on a centre forward after four contract renegotiations.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...