Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

I personally wouldn't be surprised if we don't bring anyone in this window. Brexit, COVID must be having an impact. I think we'll be trimming down the squad rather than adding to it 

Agreed. Clear out the likes of slim and Grey, pocket the savings on wages to offset any losses due to COVID.

further releases in summer being Fuchs and Morgan will then allow a fb, cb, winger and striker to replace them in the summer

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...love his tenacity!!!

Very much a player who incorporates our DNA and as a squad player, he would be a great asset. Perhaps he could just be the player we need when all is going wrong to lift the team by his industry and never say die attitude. 

Can see a great player there! Just so hard when you have a negative manager and lack of players around supporting you in attack. At Leicester he’d have less leg work and be able to show that quality better! 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

I personally wouldn't be surprised if we don't bring anyone in this window. Brexit, COVID must be having an impact. I think we'll be trimming down the squad rather than adding to it 

Could potentially see a loan deal happening if we can move a couple on.

In an ideal world Slimani and Gray will leave now enabling us to loan in a striker/winger 

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Hes 32. No way we sign him now.

That’s one of many reasons we won’t sign him! Just thought I’d show people what a player he is, think Roy who used to post a lot wanted us to have him a few seasons ago.

1 hour ago, AS78UK said:

Patson Daka linked with West Ham this morning in the Mirror should be one that we consider, before they get him first.  

...replacing Vardy is going to be a lot more difficult than you might think!!!

Can't see Daka sitting on the bench for occasional games, he needs to be playing regularly for International football. 

It will have to be a promising young player we feed into our system who can also be mentored by Vardy.

The older Vardy gets the more he will want to play, we bring a player of Daka's stature in and Vardy retires at Sheffield Wednesday. We do not play with two up front.

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Boulaye Dia with another 2 goals yesterday  although 1 was a penalty so doesn't count.

*Yawn* I made it quite clear why I found the amount of penalties concerning but here we go again....

Up until this season he'd not scored more than 7 league goals and the first season he does score more, 40% of his goals are penalties. And we don't need a penalty taker as we have Maddison and Tielemans. I made it clear his penalties are irrelevant to LEICESTER not in general. If a team needed a penalty taker I'm sure he'd seem a much better prospect. If you seriously think that's me saying "penalties don't count" then I give up.

Won't bother trying to have a conversation in future as you clearly have no interest in actually reading what I said and are only going to try and belittle me.

2 hours ago, AS78UK said:

Patson Daka linked with West Ham this morning in the Mirror should be one that we consider, before they get him first.  

Mentioned him week or so ago. Would love him and for that price he certainly seems like value. 

32 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Stokes GK looked good I thought, only 20 years old! Kasper is still in the prime of his career but maybe someone to keep tabs on - can’t see jakupovic or ward being good enough to replace him & I can’t comment on iverson!

Looked a talent didn't he. I loved the commentator like 'they're really keen on him here'... to the point where they signed Andy Lonergan and Nikki Maenpa on month to month contracts to ensure they didn't have to play him last season lol 

I think Kaspers replacement has to be of a level of experience already. Look at big clubs who have made young keepers their number ones. Kepa flopped, De Gea almost did, luckily United were patient.

My shortlist at the minute for a Kasper replacement...

David Raya

Martin Dubravka

Dominik Livakovic

Andre Onana

Edited by AjcW
2 hours ago, matty98 said:

*Yawn* I made it quite clear why I found the amount of penalties concerning but here we go again....

Up until this season he'd not scored more than 7 league goals and the first season he does score more, 40% of his goals are penalties. And we don't need a penalty taker as we have Maddison and Tielemans. I made it clear his penalties are irrelevant to LEICESTER not in general. If a team needed a penalty taker I'm sure he'd seem a much better prospect. If you seriously think that's me saying "penalties don't count" then I give up.

Won't bother trying to have a conversation in future as you clearly have no interest in actually reading what I said and are only going to try and belittle me.

Oooooooh mince, I was joking hahaha

Anyway, you say penalties are irrelevant but they aren't are they as we get loads of them and its irksome when we miss them! Dia would be a back up to Vardy or play out wide bit if Vardy wasn't playing there's a good chance he takes penalties for us and his success rate is good. Tielemans is very good but Maddison has been an abysmal penalty taker, he's missed more than he's scored for us. He now has the same amount of open play goals as Mbappe.

I do take your point about this being his first season of being prolific but that's offset by the fact he is available for around £12.5m and as a back up striker there's going to be some risk involved. I'd rather we went for a player in form for a reasonable price that looks progressive and is like Vardy in the sense he has low miles on the clock due to coming in to the game later than most and he's a good age than a player who has lost his way like Edouard or Milik.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

We're linked with odsonne edouard again according to the Mail, £40 million. 

I remember when Gary Hooper looked like Pele in Scotland because he could score regularly past the keeper of the Dog and Gun Inn. 15 million would be a stretch never mind 40.

• Like 3

Didn’t someone mention on here about a Crawley Town forward we might have been looking at, is he playing or is he the one mentioned at the start of the game who isn’t playing... 

35 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

I remember when Gary Hooper looked like Pele in Scotland because he could score regularly past the keeper of the Dog and Gun Inn. 15 million would be a stretch never mind 40.

It was what Celtic were asking for, not necessarily what theyll get. If he did turn out to be prolific, that would be very reasonable. 

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Kieran Tierney also who is now one ofthe best left backs in the league. You could have had him for half of what you got for Chilwell and he's a better player. Scottish football is crap but there is the odd diamond in the rough as has proven to have been the case lately so turn your nose up at it at your pearl.

You could always go and give Sporting Lisbon £50m again, that worked out really well in the past.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
36 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It was what Celtic were asking for, not necessarily what theyll get. If he did turn out to be prolific, that would be very reasonable. 

Celtic aren't and won't be asking for £40m, let's get back to the real world please. It's the Express lol

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I’d be surprised if we do sign anyone from Celtic and vice versa. With what happened with Rodgers joining us I’d be amazed. 

I genuinely don't think there is any bad blood between either parties now, in fact I think the relationship between Lawell and Rodgers is now better than what it was when he was here. Various quotes from lawell and the fact hey ahd an interview with Rodgers on the website about 6 months ago suggests they are on good terms.

Whether any of our players are good enough is the more pertinent question. I think McGregor is but I don't think you need him and think the money could be better spent elsewhere. I believe the Edouard of last season is good enough and if you were to get him for £10-15m as will likely be the case I think he's well worth a punt at that price. Beyond those two, there's no one though, this is far from a vintage crop at Celtic at the moment.

If Lawell gets the money he wants for a player he'd sell them to Rangers if it meant getting the money in.

• Like 3