Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

We've literally never taken advantage of 'quality free agents'* I've no idea why, there was tonnes of them last summer. But i'd imagine it's more around us wanting to invest in people who will have a big resale value, rather than players who might end their career here/leave on a free a season or two later.

*european based ones since our growth in stature... Albrighton obvious exception. 

Our present model  appears to be, as you've described, maximise value from younger players . As an aside I wonder how many of the many  quality free agents available in the Summer  ended up in the EPL and how many of those did anything much?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AjcW said:

We've literally never taken advantage of 'quality free agents'* I've no idea why, there was tonnes of them last summer. But i'd imagine it's more around us wanting to invest in people who will have a big resale value, rather than players who might end their career here/leave on a free a season or two later.

*european based ones since our growth in stature... Albrighton obvious exception. 

Fuchs and cambiasso were pretty decent too.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He was one of the ones on the isolation list because of covid, along with 13 other players.

Whats the word up there, I've a feeling we will try and get him this month. £15m + £5m in add ons.

36 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I've not heard anything substantial from anyone who is a decent source but I think all the stars are aligning for a January exit, he's changed agents (or rather now has a proper agent lol), our season is a dead rubber and his contract is running down.

I'd be more surprised if he wasn't a Leicester player come the end of the window.

I'd be fairly happy getting that sort of deal for him now all things considered.

Love to see it. Curious to see how Rodgers pushes him on. Its a different world down here and he will have to push himself hard to make it to the next level.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/13737376/derby-knight-sibley-pay-wages-wayne-rooney-administration/

Was it mightyfin (never know if he’s reliable) that said we were tracking Jason Knight? He’s sort of a Choudhury energetic type but more genuine box to box from what I’ve seen. Could be going pretty cheap if they’re that desperate 

They're both clear talents. Sibley especially, Rooney basically said he's like him. 

To be honest if we were feeling charitable we could buy them both and loan back lol 

56 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/13737376/derby-knight-sibley-pay-wages-wayne-rooney-administration/

Was it mightyfin (never know if he’s reliable) that said we were tracking Jason Knight? He’s sort of a Choudhury energetic type but more genuine box to box from what I’ve seen. Could be going pretty cheap if they’re that desperate 

When were forest and derby last Good? Forest I’d say 93/94 when they finished top 3 in the prem?? So forest fans have followed a rubbish team for 26 years! Derby had a good season 97/98?? Top half of the prem. so about 22 years of rubbish for derby fans! 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Watching the spurs vs Fulham game I still like loftus-cheek. Would go in for him this summer

The Fulham forum really don't think too much of him. One goal & zero assists in 8 appearances (700 minutes). 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Milik is pump. 

He's managed double figures once ever outside the Eredivisie and that's in five years, he's been inconsistent with both injuries and finishing. He's not even registered for their league squad this year is he? 

And about to turn 27, with Vards having maybe two years left in him as first choice, Milik is going to be pushing thirty by the time he gets near regular starting. 

It means he's always just going to be an option. Now, the people claiming that's fine because we need a plan B and 7m is cheap, ask yourself what we'll actually be paying him weekly and remind yourself how significant it is we just got another striker off the books that we were paying a fortune to. 

Edouard is a better age, is no more a risk or an unknown, would probably command less wages and is probably a bit more versatile. That and neither are a priority over a wide forward if Under isn't the man for Brendan. 

Personally would prefer edouard but know plenty on here like milik.

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Personally would prefer edouard but know plenty on here like milik.

It's because he plays for Napoli and has a reputation, regardless of how unfounded it is. In reality it'd be a massive waste of the opportunity we have in finally losing Slimani by committing his doppelganger* to a four year contract of probably similar value. 

If Edouard played literally anywhere else but Scotland, people would be jizzing over the prospect of getting him at a cut price. It's just silly prejudice against the SPL. 

* OK that's a bit harsh, they've certainly got a different style. But the basics are similar. 

• Like 2