Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

4 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

He’s been injured 

Between matchday 4 and 14 he was fit, yet only played 200 minutes of league football. I would've thought if Brendan liked him he'd have played him more than that. :dunno:

I hope I'm wrong and he does rate him because I think he's looked pretty good when he has played.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, matty98 said:

Between matchday 4 and 14 he was fit, yet only played 200 minutes of league football. I would've thought if Brendan liked him he'd have played him more than that. :dunno:

I hope I'm wrong and he does rate him because I think he's looked pretty good when he has played.

Thought Rodgers said he had to build up his fitness more than a few times and the injuries. I hope your wrong too because Under, Barnes, and Vardy backed up by a fit Castagne, Ricardo and the rest of our midfield.........well you get the idea. Europa League Final. :beer:

• Like 2
8 hours ago, matty98 said:

When he got here he was still getting over another injury and wasn’t march fit . I remember there was a training video they did when he first got here and he was absolutely blowing out his ass . The guys just not been fit that’s all . 

Edited by baldeagle
9 hours ago, matty98 said:

Pretty much exactly my thoughts tbh. 

It's not even worth us debating how good he is on here if the manager isn't keen and I get the strong feeling he isn't. 

I know he said he was far behind with his fitness but you don't get fit without match time either and there were plenty of opportunities (before his injuries lately) to give him minutes that Rodgers declined. 

It just strikes me that he's not all that impressed. We may see otherwise in the second half of the season but if these latest niggles persist then probably not. 

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Pretty much exactly my thoughts tbh. 

It's not even worth us debating how good he is on here if the manager isn't keen and I get the strong feeling he isn't. 

I know he said he was far behind with his fitness but you don't get fit without match time either and there were plenty of opportunities (before his injuries lately) to give him minutes that Rodgers declined. 

It just strikes me that he's not all that impressed. We may see otherwise in the second half of the season but if these latest niggles persist then probably not. 

I agree. To my recollection he's started one PL game? I think it's one. That's not an indication that you like the player. 

I think it's a shame, I like him. I think he is a players who will create more than he will score but that's ok as long as Vardy and Barnes on the other side are putting away the chances he's making. 

From the little we've saw of him he's already got a few assists and I can only see him getting better but like I say, I don't believe Rodgers is sold and I would be surprised if he joins permanently. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I agree. To my recollection he's started one PL game? I think it's one. That's not an indication that you like the player. 

I think it's a shame, I like him. I think he is a players who will create more than he will score but that's ok as long as Vardy and Barnes on the other side are putting away the chances he's making. 

From the little we've saw of him he's already got a few assists and I can only see him getting better but like I say, I don't believe Rodgers is sold and I would be surprised if he joins permanently. 

I suppose there is a couple of ways of looking at this though no? 

Obviously the above being one..

But also could it not be that we are giving him time to come up to speed with the rigour of Premier League football as well.. we’ve tried to nurture him through the first half of the season to make sure he is getting up to fitness and up to the speed of the Premier League, which could be a sign that he is a longer term prospect, rather than an instant quick fix.

I’m sure when Fabinho first joined Liverpool he didn’t get a tonne of starts and didn’t have as big an impact on the first team as many assumed, but Klopp asked for patience in getting him accustomed to the PL and now he’d arguably be one of the first name’s on their team sheet.

Personally I think he has looked tidy in the short glimpses we’ve seen so far, but it will be telling to see how much he is utilised the second half of the season.. 

• Like 1

I like Under from the little I've saw of him. Get the impression though Rodgers must have some serious resrvations over him though given his reluctance to use him. I'd be surprised if the deal got made permanent unless he has a barnstorming second half of the season.

The main reason for this is the right hand-side wide position was one of the key areas to strengthen and I expect Rodgers thought/wanted someone who would go straight in and make a difference. Similar to the impact Castagne has made in a different position. I don't think it was ever the plan or intention tor Under to take 6 months to settle and rely on the same guys as last season in that position. 

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I like Under from the little I've saw of him. Get the impression though Rodgers must have some serious resrvations over him though given his reluctance to use him. I'd be surprised if the deal got made permanent unless he has a barnstorming second half of the season.

The main reason for this is the right hand-side wide position was one of the key areas to strengthen and I expect Rodgers thought/wanted someone who would go straight in and make a difference. Similar to the impact Castagne has made in a different position. I don't think it was ever the plan or intention tor Under to take 6 months to settle and rely on the same guys as last season in that position. 

It was about getting him match fit and integrated early on (his English is very poor I believe). He's been out injured since his last appearance. I think Rodgers very much likes what he sees. I think Ünder has improved gradually with each appearance.

Just now, shen said:

It was about getting him match fit and integrated early on (his English is very poor I believe). He's been out injured since his last appearance. I think Rodgers very much likes what he sees. I think Ünder has improved gradually with each appearance.

I'm no debating that I'm saying I highly doubt the plan when signing him was that your signing a player that's going to take 6 months to threaten to make league appearances. Like a previous poster said there have been spells he's been available where he's hadly been seen.

Under is a good player and the little time he has had he has made an impact if it wasn't for him Leicester would be 7th and not 4th due to his instant impact in the arsenal game.

The guy can also take a corner.

Players do not get to show what they are about whwn they don't play

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'm no debating that I'm saying I highly doubt the plan when signing him was that your signing a player that's going to take 6 months to threaten to make league appearances. Like a previous poster said there have been spells he's been available where he's hadly been seen.

I think the management are being sensible about it. He's been appearing in every European game, so it's not because he's far down the pecking order. Fofana was thrust in there as we had very little choice, but I assume Ünder has found it challenging to integrate. Judging by his performances, I think there's absolutely a PL level player there, but I think that the current situation illustrates perfectly why a loan (or essentially a 1-season trial) makes sense. 

Just now, shen said:

I think the management are being sensible about it. He's been appearing in every European game, so it's not because he's far down the pecking order. Fofana was thrust in there as we had very little choice, but I assume Ünder has found it challenging to integrate. Judging by his performances, I think there's absolutely a PL level player there, but I think that the current situation illustrates perfectly why a loan (or essentially a 1-season trial) makes sense. 

Yeah agreed, it's the best possible deal as there's essentially no risk. He needs to start making a regular impact in league games soon though or I'd be surprised if he's here next season given what it's going to cost to sign him.

Brendan has a lot of similarities to Klopp in that he beds new signings in slowly. Yes it's bit of a risky option with a loan player, and i'm sure ideally he'd have planned to have him in more regularly by now, but I think we will see a lot more of him in the coming weeks. 

Little off the pitch influences shouldn't be underestimated either. Maddison went from not being able to take a corner to save his life, to pinging 6 or 7 beauties in a row into the box in one of our recent games. Pressure of having someone ready to replace you on corner duties, coupled with studying them in training can be vital to player progression across the team.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah agreed, it's the best possible deal as there's essentially no risk. He needs to start making a regular impact in league games soon though or I'd be surprised if he's here next season given what it's going to cost to sign him.

There's potentially also a lot of bluffing going on here. His first half of the season being unremarkable might mean we can negotiate a better price in the end. But agreed, he absolutely needs to show that he's the man for the future during the second half of this season. Thankfully we have a LOT of games potentially still to play (COVID-19 willing). 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Shit_arse said:

Ravel Morrison 

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Would you like Ravel in or have you heard anything?

he’s been seen shopping at his Dads shop

2 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

For under achieving footballers I’ll raise you - Adel Taarabt.

Seriously if Fergie at Yanited couldn’t get Ravel Morrison’s head straight nobody would

I used to work with a QPR fan. He said that once, Taarabt played a game for them when there were scouts from one of the big 6 in the crowd and he knew that. Not long into the match, Taarabt misplaced a pass or something, then instantly signalled to the bench to be subbed off.

12 minutes ago, shen said:

There's potentially also a lot of bluffing going on here. His first half of the season being unremarkable might mean we can negotiate a better price in the end. But agreed, he absolutely needs to show that he's the man for the future during the second half of this season. Thankfully we have a LOT of games potentially still to play (COVID-19 willing). 

Roma are also struggling financially so we could be able to knock a few million off the price if they desperately need cash.

• Like 1