Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

On 07/01/2021 at 09:11, Aus Fox said:

Should we take a look at Pelle? Just been released in China, due to their League restructuring.

35 now, but could be an option on a short term contract coming off the bench? 
A different option in those games where we need a late goal.

Thought you were referring to Edison...might struggle to get around the pitch, bearing in mind his age

• Haha 2

The French league have lost a massive amount of money after losing some licenses of some sort. Clubs are going to be selling for cheap and I'm sure with how good our scouts have been over the years, they could find a few gems in there for sure. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

We need a CM, loan or otherwise. We can’t expect Youri and Madders to play for three months without help. McGregor @Muzzy_Larsson?

Edouard, McGregor, anyone else you want lol :P They are the only two that could perform at EPL level tbf.

I can't see McGregor happening at the moment for a number of reasons. He'd jump at the chance of the move personally I'd think but we have him on a long contract and would want £20m for him. Can't see Leicester signing him and Edouard this window.

Summer may be more realistic, whether it's to Leicester or wherever else I don't know. There have been a couple of german sides after him in the past for example, Monchengladbach for one. I'd love our rebuild to be centred round McGregor and for us to keep him for the rest of his career but I think he'll want away in the summer and I wouldn't grudge him it either. He's won everything there is to win up here many times over, given us amazing service and he'll want a new challenge when he's still in his peak years. I'd love to see him go to a top league and do well as he's been such a great servant and player for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Edouard, McGregor, anyone else you want lol :P They are the only two that could perform at EPL level tbf.

I can't see McGregor happening at the moment for a number of reasons. He'd jump at the chance of the move personally I'd think but we have him on a long contract and would want £20m for him. Can't see Leicester signing him and Edouard this window.

Summer may be more realistic, whether it's to Leicester or wherever else I don't know. There have been a couple of german sides after him in the past for example, Monchengladbach for one. I'd love our rebuild to be centred round McGregor and for us to keep him for the rest of his career but I think he'll want away in the summer and I wouldn't grudge him it either. He's won everything there is to win up here many times over, given us amazing service and he'll want a new challenge when he's still in his peak years. I'd love to see him go to a top league and do well as he's been such a great servant and player for us.

I don't know how you put up with this tbh coming on here with us lot all claiming we should sign your team 🤣

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I don't know how you put up with this tbh coming on here with us lot all claiming we should sign your team 🤣

Tbh, I don't imagine us talking about signing their players bothers him. If it was me, I would be more annoyed at the inevitable responses that each of these discussions gets that claims they wouldnt sign such and such from Celtic because they are crap and play in a crap league for a crap team despite the fact that the person that said it hasn't watched Scottish football since Gazza was cutting about playing an imaginary flute. 

• Like 4
Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Tbh, I don't imagine us talking about signing their players bothers him. If it was me, I would be more annoyed at the inevitable responses that each of these discussions gets that claims they wouldnt sign such and such from Celtic because they are crap and play in a crap league for a crap team despite the fact that the person that said it hasn't watched Scottish football since Gazza was cutting about playing an imaginary flute. 

Nail struck firmly on the head sir!

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Plays in Barnes position for Porto but can also play as a 10 or on the right. 

We need more options in that front 3/4 anyway so this makes sense even if he already covers a position we have a “starter” for. 

I was thinking that yesterday to be fair, I can’t remember the last time Barnes didn’t play and I can’t remember who took his place lol (was Sheff Utd/Brighton.. but goes to show our only alternative when Barnes doesn’t play is to switch to 5-2-2-1..)

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Plays in Barnes position for Porto but can also play as a 10 or on the right. 

We need more options in that front 3/4 anyway so this makes sense even if he already covers a position we have a “starter” for. 

I was thinking that yesterday to be fair, I can’t remember the last time Barnes didn’t play and I can’t remember who took his place lol (was Sheff Utd/Brighton.. but goes to show our only alternative when Barnes doesn’t play is to switch to 5-2-2-1..)

Played CM for half the games according to whoscored

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/120608/Show/Otávio

8 hours ago, happy85 said:

Obligatory YouTube video you say?

Looks pretty deft with his feet, as @Gerardsays, looks like he comes quite central, so more of an AM/Maddison style winger on the left. Ball sticks to his feet nicely in that video.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s a lovely little player. Broke through to the Porto team when we played in 2016 

Its a question mark over his physique about him succeeding in the PL 

Judging by the video, he seems to bounce off players, and wriggle through tricky situations. 

He's Brazilian though, and I think our club has an unwritten rule against signing Brazilians.

Edited by wardyfox86
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He would be an exceptional bit of business on a free transfer, better still if we could get him this month for a cuppla mill.

You rate him then Ric? I'd never heard of him before today!

5 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

You rate him then Ric? I'd never heard of him before today!

Assists machine. Is he good enough for a top PL team? I'd have said no 18 months ago but he is having a great couple of years now and is settled in Europe. I think he would make a great impact player here and for the fee involved (if we got him before the summer) would be minimal.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, NasPb said:

I'm really not sure as to why people always seem to mention swaps and part exchanges.... How often do we see them actually happen? Years ago, maybe bit hardly ever in the modern day. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dandy king said:

I know the reality is much more complicated, but can't help feeling that to be aggressive this window and get in more attacking signings ( Édouard etc ) would keep us right in the title race. We're as good as anyone in this league at the moment ( and one day we will prove this by beating Liverpool ) 

I realise finance and January is tough etc but the fan side of me would love to see it. Get it done city ! 

Totally agree. If we have learnt anything from last year, only signing a centre back that couldn't make the first XI  at his parent club, probably cost us top 4. 2 quality signings now ( a strong aggressive leader in the centre of midfield and probably Edouard) and we could really push for the title and would have more than a good chance of top 4, IMO.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm really not sure as to why people always seem to mention swaps and part exchanges.... How often do we see them actually happen? Years ago, maybe bit hardly ever in the modern day. 

They do still happen occasionally, we were involved in one with Tielemans/Silva. I could see it being more of a possibility here if both parties are as interested in the respective players as reported. I think we'd make it more financially acceptable for Porto. Gray gets the opportunity to play knockout Champions League football too.