Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We definitely need to strengthen this window. If Barnes, Vardy or tielemans gets injured it could derail our season.

There's no chance we are in for three quality players in three (expensive) positions.

I can see us being in for a striker and maybe recall KDH. 

Would be surprised if we did more business than that.

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We definitely need to strengthen this window. If Barnes, Vardy or tielemans gets injured it could derail our season.

The squad stepped up before and performed like a star. No reason that can't happen again. Some just won't like the type of football we play to get the points we need. Sxit happens and finances are what they are.

The last thing I want to see this club do is to get bent over this window and spend good money on fear after starting to get rid of the bad investments. About Value and Quality and for that we need to be patient.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, shen said:

There's no chance we are in for three quality players in three (expensive) positions.

I can see us being in for a striker and maybe recall KDH. 

Would be surprised if we did more business than that.

16 minutes ago, SO1 said:

The squad stepped up before and performed like a star. No reason that can't happen again. Some just won't like the type of football we play to get the points we need. Sxit happens and finances are what they are.

The last thing I want to see this club do is to get bent over this window and spend good money on fear after starting to get rid of the bad investments. About Value and Quality and for that we need to be patient.

I'm not saying we need 3 players. I think we actually need 1 quality individual who can help the attack and give the squad a January lift. Could be a winger or creative CM.

Maybe Ünder is that person but we are freeing up somes seriouswedge on the wage bill this year which might give us room to get someone of genuine quality in.

This year we're losing:

Gray

Fuchs

Morgan

Slimani

King and James are on loan.

And maybe some others I can't think of.

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm not saying we need 3 players. I think we actually need 1 quality individual who can help the attack and give the squad a January lift. Could be a winger or creative CM.

Maybe Ünder is that person but we are freeing up somes seriouswedge on the wage bill this year which might give us room to get someone of genuine quality in.

This year we're losing:

Gray

Fuchs

Morgan

Slimani

Kings no longer out player his contract ran out 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This year we're losing:

Gray

Fuchs

Morgan

Slimani

Agree. All kinds of speculation going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Just not interested in paying over the odds in the winter window.

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fishing in the expiring contract market is prudent and clearly contains some good players

Yeah, I'd be all over the French league for players who'd contracts are up this summer or the one after. 

We've been linked with Franco Vazquez in the past. Looked at his stats and he profiles far better than I thought, his contract expires in the summer.

Are we likely to be losing a top talent this summer to a gullible, more money than sense, rival club? It wouldn't be a surprise giving the formula of previous seasons since 2016. Who's it likely to be? 

21 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Are we likely to be losing a top talent this summer to a gullible, more money than sense, rival club? It wouldn't be a surprise giving the formula of previous seasons since 2016. Who's it likely to be? 

I reckon it will be Ricardo. As long as he plays regularly for the rest of the season, he is the one we would miss least. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Need to tie Ünder down if we’re serious about him as it seems like Roma could recall him and use him as a swap for AC

Milan’s Samu Castillejo or is this just mind games from Roma for us to sign him this month ?

https://sempremilan.com/report-roma-could-send-leicester-loanee-to-milan-in-swap-deal-involving-castillejo

Can they do that?

Isn't it an agreed price that they can't wriggle out of?

Haven't we paid a £5m loan fee for the season?

31 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I reckon it will be Ricardo. As long as he plays regularly for the rest of the season, he is the one we would miss least. 

How times have changed. 12 months ago we'd have said he was the one we'd miss the most. If it's him then it'll be a reduced fee due to the injury, I should think. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

How times have changed. 12 months ago we'd have said he was the one we'd miss the most. If it's him then it'll be a reduced fee due to the injury, I should think. 

Yeah, which MIGHT mean we get another year as we wouldnt be keen on reducing his fee for any reason.

If that was to happen, my next guess to go would be Maddison. 

41 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Need to tie Ünder down if we’re serious about him as it seems like Roma could recall him and use him as a swap for AC

Milan’s Samu Castillejo or is this just mind games from Roma for us to sign him this month ?

https://sempremilan.com/report-roma-could-send-leicester-loanee-to-milan-in-swap-deal-involving-castillejo

36 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Can they do that?

Isn't it an agreed price that they can't wriggle out of?

Haven't we paid a £5m loan fee for the season?

Would all depend on his contract and if there's a recall option. 

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Disappointing but not surprising. Could be a bluff I suppose but not spending is far more understandable than it was last January.

Doubt it’s a bluff Ealing. I’m worried about the lack of depth in midfield with Praet out for 12 weeks. An injury to Madders or Youri and we could see a reprise of last season’s collapse...

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Doubt it’s a bluff Ealing. I’m worried about the lack of depth in midfield with Praet out for 12 weeks. An injury to Madders or Youri and we could see a reprise of last season’s collapse...

It's 100% a bluff of some kind. If they can get a player that they think will improve us they will - as Rodgers has said on a few occasions its availability rather than funds.

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Plenty of funds there; but we do need to move on some of the more redundant wage-spend.

Yeah, but Slim has gone, but maybe has not cleared that wage in reality?

This summer could be one of the first in a while where we don’t need to sell any of our top players, with the wages of the flops being freed up hopefully we can add some real quality and depth, mainly in midfield and upfront.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's 100% a bluff of some kind. If they can get a player that they think will improve us they will - as Rodgers has said on a few occasions its availability rather than funds.

We’ll see soon enough. I hope you’re right but if I had to put 50p on it, I’d bet against you.