Jump to content
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Was class last night and has been in general for them for the past 12 months. Another one from the SPFL holding their own in the EPL.

 

Believe it or not Armstrong was way out the picture at Celtic until Rodgers arrived.

When I was in Dundee a few years ago, I had a tour of Tannadice Park. The old fella who did the tour was talking to me about Gary Mackay-Steven and Stuart Armstrong. All the noise in the press was about how good GMS was. The old fella was absolutely adamant GMS would be a flash in the pan, whereas Armstrong would go on to play in the EPL. He was right clearly, GMS is in the Scottish Championship now isn't he?

 

Not that it'll happen, but I'd take Armstrong as a squad option here, especially in lieu of Praet's injury.

Edited by Incognito
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Incognito said:

When I was in Dundee a few years ago, I had a tour of Tannadice Park. The old fella who did the tour was talking to me about Gary Mackay-Steven and Stuart Armstrong. All the noise in the press was about how good GMS was. The old fella was absolutely adamant GMS would be a flash in the pan, whereas Armstrong would go on to play in the EPL. He was right clearly, GMS is in the Scottish Championship now isn't he?

 

Not that it'll happen, but I'd take Armstrong as a squad option here, especially in lieu of Praet's injury.

Yeah he was spot on, we signed both of them at the same time. GMS has tons of ability but he is terribly inconsistent and mentally quite weak. If he could have turned it on every week he would have been in the EPL too. Yeah he's recently signed for Hearts after a stint at NYCFC. He's better than the Scottish Championship tbf, he'll still do a job in the top league, where Hearts will be again next season.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah he was spot on, we signed both of them at the same time. GMS has tons of ability but he is terribly inconsistent and mentally quite weak. If he could have turned it on every week he would have been in the EPL too. Yeah he's recently signed for Hearts after a stint at NYCFC. He's better than the Scottish Championship tbf, he'll still do a job in the top league, where Hearts will be again next season.

Sounds a bit like Knockeart

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah he was spot on, we signed both of them at the same time. GMS has tons of ability but he is terribly inconsistent and mentally quite weak. If he could have turned it on every week he would have been in the EPL too. Yeah he's recently signed for Hearts after a stint at NYCFC. He's better than the Scottish Championship tbf, he'll still do a job in the top league, where Hearts will be again next season.

 

Demonstrated by his ability to win matches one day, and fall drunk into the River Clyde the next lol

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Rumours up here Karamoko Dembele is signing for Lille.

....what a waste.....!!!

Rodgers has not gone back for Celtic players which is strange as he would have had first hand view of them in training and game time. Benkovic not getting a look in even though he was lauded by their supporters. 

 Just what is it that has stop this happening. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....what a waste.....!!!

Rodgers has not gone back for Celtic players which is strange as he would have had first hand view of them in training and game time. Benkovic not getting a look in even though he was lauded by their supporters. 

 Just what is it that has stop this happening. 

Lille have a better record that is for buying, developing and then shipping players off. It’ll do that lad alright you’d think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....what a waste.....!!!

Rodgers has not gone back for Celtic players which is strange as he would have had first hand view of them in training and game time. Benkovic not getting a look in even though he was lauded by their supporters. 

 Just what is it that has stop this happening. 

As strange as it sounds, perhaps it's because he likes the players up there. 

 

Celtics best players play in positions that we are well stocked in. 

 

Eduoard, McGregor, Ajer... With a fully fit Leiceater, they will struggle to get game time ahead of the likes of Vardy Tielemans and Soyuncu so maybe his personal relationship with these lads has prevented him taking them here and potentially stalling their career. 

 

...Just a theory. Ofcourse the other is that he doesn't think they are good enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....what a waste.....!!!

Rodgers has not gone back for Celtic players which is strange as he would have had first hand view of them in training and game time. Benkovic not getting a look in even though he was lauded by their supporters. 

 Just what is it that has stop this happening. 

He made a bid for McGregor not last summer but the summer before tbf, which was verified by the player.

 

Like I've said the only two that would be good enough imo are Edouard and McGregor so maybe not that much of a surprise. I guess Tierney obviously was but he had already gone to Arsenal by the time Leicester were looking for a left back.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He made a bid for McGregor not last summer but the summer before tbf, which was verified by the player.

 

Like I've said the only two that would be good enough imo are Edouard and McGregor so maybe not that much of a surprise. I guess Tierney obviously was but he had already gone to Arsenal by the time Leicester were looking for a left back.

I came into work today and the guy who was on before me was saying that a Celtic fan who apparently has some sort of source at the club seems to think there is a good chance McGregor is on his way to us before monday. 

 

Absolutely no clue how reliable he is. Don't see it myself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I came into work today and the guy who was on before me was saying that a Celtic fan who apparently has some sort of source at the club seems to think there is a good chance McGregor is on his way to us before monday. 

 

Absolutely no clue how reliable he is. Don't see it myself. 

Interesting. I can't see it but you never know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the MLS is being targeted for short term loans and options to sign permanently as their league has been suspended until at least April.

 

Not sure on work permit issues but Cole Bassett from Colarado is getting a lot of interest for European clubs and would fit the profile of midfielder we are after.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I see the MLS is being targeted for short term loans and options to sign permanently as their league has been suspended until at least April.

 

Not sure on work permit issues but Cole Bassett from Colarado is getting a lot of interest for European clubs and would fit the profile of midfielder we are after.

Josef Martinez in that case, Mr Rudkin. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Only 4 premier league signings this month.

 

Doubtful anyone will get anything done unless there's a flurry of late moves.

Probably loads waiting for final few pieces to drop together

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not surprised to see a really quiet window. Scouting must be impossible unless you've been watching someone for a long time. Organising medicals probably a ball ache with all the travel restrictions, players reluctant to move their families or move away and domestic transfers are never easy in Jan. 

 

I reckon they'll be a few domestic loan to buy moves around deadline day. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Only 4 premier league signings this month.

 

Doubtful anyone will get anything done unless there's a flurry of late moves.

Really strange that the PL is probably the most financially well off and the French league the worst from the pandemic and yet there is multiple signings being made by French teams. Either they're off their heads and the PL clubs are being very cautious or something's afoot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm not surprised to see a really quiet window. Scouting must be impossible unless you've been watching someone for a long time. Organising medicals probably a ball ache with all the travel restrictions, players reluctant to move their families or move away and domestic transfers are never easy in Jan. 

 

I reckon they'll be a few domestic loan to buy moves around deadline day. 

Doesn't seem to be a problem for European clubs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...