Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Luke Thomas now looks like a viable option.  He has strengthened since his three games last season while retaining the positives he had.

 

I think Rodgers and the coaching tea  have done a good job on him.  He is also more aware and he has been integrated well partly through how he has been used in European games.

 

I would be happy with Thomas, Fuchs (looks fitter and better this season than last) or Justin starting on the left.  Amazing our options in that position considering the cupboard looked a little bare when Chilwell Chelseaed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Serious question, do you find it a bit boring now, only playing 1 game a week after last season? 

 

I know it's easier when you are winning, but you had a good run too (even if we are currently making it look a bit easier, genuinely not a dig, just thinking about the differences between our current circumstances and your lot last season.) 

 

I'm sure you appreciate the time between games for recovery, but purely as a fan, looking forward to matches, it's ace. Shit or bust every week, then a long boring international break which can actually be appreciated cos even as a fan it's exhausting. 

 

Just interested in your thoughts. Interesting that as well as we are doing, alongside your comments, beat us and you go above us and right back in the mix big time. 

 

Like you, no idea how it will go, reasonably confident but mostly just hopeful based on how surprisingly well it is going for us but equally wary as fook as we know you have what it takes to do us. Personally found you boring against us for obvious reasons based on our games only (I don't even watch other games as a neutral on motd so that's all I have to go on), but very efficient up front, in taking the few chances you've had, (or at least putting a good argument for how you could easily have come out winners in our bore draws) 

 

Please advise, 

 

Regards.... 😉

At the minute its a relief to play one game per week. It was a long old slog last season and we needed a bigger pre-season break tbh. It also allows more time on the training pitch together to try and get new ideas across. So for this season I'm looking at it as a blessing in disguise. We've actually had our best start to a season since we came back up, yet we've looked both poor and excellent in games as they try to figure out a slightly different way of playing. 

 

I want to get back into Europe again next season though. 

 

1 hour ago, blue blood said:

Just out of interest, do wolves stick with this shape for full games? Or do they mix it up on the final 30 or so mins like we have been doing recently? 

We mostly stick with it. Though if we have a lead we'll sometimes switch to 5 in midfield for the final 10 mins to try and see the game out. That switch can work both ways though. It gives us an extra body in CM to help control possession, but also when looking for a goal it puts an extra forward up front with Jimenez (he likes doing this with Traore) and allows a CM to become more attacking. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, majaco said:

Luke Thomas now looks like a viable option.  He has strengthened since his three games last season while retaining the positives he had.

 

I think Rodgers and the coaching tea  have done a good job on him.  He is also more aware and he has been integrated well partly through how he has been used in European games.

 

I would be happy with Thomas, Fuchs (looks fitter and better this season than last) or Justin starting on the left.  Amazing our options in that position considering the cupboard looked a little bare when Chilwell Chelseaed. 

Yeah, he has been really good vs Leeds and Braga. This would be a huge test for him and I'd stick with the same back 5 as vs Braga.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Nick said:

I'm thinking/hoping both teams will play football and we'll win 5-2!

 

Vardy and Madders with all the goals and assists between them!

 

 

If they don't, we should tell the world in the post match interviews why they should be ashamed of themselves! 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We mostly stick with it. Though if we have a lead we'll sometimes switch to 5 in midfield for the final 10 mins to try and see the game out. That switch can work both ways though. It gives us an extra body in CM to help control possession, but also when looking for a goal it puts an extra forward up front with Jimenez (he likes doing this with Traore) and allows a CM to become more attacking. 

This is going to be a close game. I wonder if it will be chess until one of the managers tries to go for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the opponent to experiment against.  Evans back if able to go and I wouldn't use Thomas here unless there was no option.  Albrighton makes sense against this opponent.  Vardy back up front, Praet back on the right attacking midfield, and Under and Kelechi as options off the bench.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Yes Evans in for Fuchs. Fuchs knows and accepts his role within the squad as a back up player.

I like the Fuchs and Thomas left side of defence though and I don't recall Evans ever playing on the left side of a back 3, so it would then be Justin who either gets dropped for Evans or plays LCB and I'm not sure on that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

Not the opponent to experiment against.  Evans back if able to go and I wouldn't use Thomas here unless there was no option.  Albrighton makes sense against this opponent.  Vardy back up front, Praet back on the right attacking midfield, and Under and Kelechi as options off the bench.

Fuchs at LWB? That's also a risk

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I like the Fuchs and Thomas left side of defence though and I don't recall Evans ever playing on the left side of a back 3, so it would then be Justin who either gets dropped for Evans or plays LCB and I'm not sure on that.

For me Evans has to play if fit. Brendan will have to decide who to pick and which formation. He might put Justin back to LWB and leave Thomas on the bench.

 

Edit: Or JJ at RWB for Albrighton as suggested by @Haywood_6 above.

 

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I like the Fuchs and Thomas left side of defence though and I don't recall Evans ever playing on the left side of a back 3, so it would then be Justin who either gets dropped for Evans or plays LCB and I'm not sure on that.

Id imagine fofana would go lcb with Evans in the middle of him and Justin? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

What I like is the fact this formation is not ‘trying’ to find a space for anyone. It is a logical, experienced and balanced side with round pegs in round holes which is needed against a side such as Wolves, that makes no apologies. Maddison off the bench in the latter stages would be good here as would Praet. 

I’d be very surprised if Maddison doesn’t start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Get thomas to work with fuchs more. I think he could learn a lot from someone like him.

How much is more..?  

They might already be Working Close together,with Fuchs showing the best technic of pouring buckets of water over managers head..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...