Jump to content
weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whilst we're benefitting from it, i'll ask the question again, why are we playing needless International friendlies and glorified friendlies, breaking club bubbles and travel restrictions. It's beyond me.

 

The injuries are one thing, the injuries already happened and it sounded like Gomez's was going to happen at any time from what I heard, the increased chances of contracting and/or spreading Corona by playing International football, simply no need.

 

Bearing in mind Kasper's expected to be joining up with Denmark now the travel restrictions are being weived and Vida was took off at half time because they found out he'd tested positive v Turkey, a game in which Under was playing in, we could well lose a couple of players ourself, aswell as the news England played last night against someone who has turned out to be positive - I know we have no players involved in this England set up (thank fuck) yet for some bizarre reason none of them need to isolate is just crazy.

 

It’s ridiculous. I don’t understand why they don’t just cancel everything on the international calendar until COVID has eased, even if it takes all this season and next. Cancel euros and nations league and stop all this travelling. It’s bloody ridiculous.

 

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Sunday night again, is that the 4th time already? Feels ages since we last played in daylight lol

 

The extra day after going to Braga is decent. 

We played in Daylight was only last Sunday 😂.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

It’s ridiculous. I don’t understand why they don’t just cancel everything on the international calendar until COVID has eased, even if it takes all this season and next. Cancel euros and nations league and stop all this travelling. It’s bloody ridiculous.

 

We played in Daylight was only last Sunday 😂.

lol I knew I'd have missed one. Still feels ages ago so point still stands lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whilst we're benefitting from it, i'll ask the question again, why are we playing needless International friendlies and glorified friendlies, breaking club bubbles and travel restrictions. It's beyond me.

 

The injuries are one thing, the injuries already happened and it sounded like Gomez's was going to happen at any time from what I heard, the increased chances of contracting and/or spreading Corona by playing International football, simply no need.

 

Bearing in mind Kasper's expected to be joining up with Denmark now the travel restrictions are being weived and Vida was took off at half time because they found out he'd tested positive v Turkey, a game in which Under was playing in, we could well lose a couple of players ourself, aswell as the news England played last night against someone who has turned out to be positive - I know we have no players involved in this England set up (thank fuck) yet for some bizarre reason none of them need to isolate is just crazy.

 

I think the suggestion is that Salah caught covid at his brothers wedding (face masks not required). Nothing to do with an international friendly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spudulike said:

I think the suggestion is that Salah caught covid at his brothers wedding (face masks not required). Nothing to do with an international friendly. 

I read that after posting.

 

However I still question international games taking place at this moment in time given players are testing positive whilst on international duty (Which is happening in domestic football, however there is increased risk of a spread during international duty), out of their club bubbles, breaking travel restricitions, all on top of a Croatian player being took off at half time against Turkey because he was found positive and a ROI player who played 90 minutes yesterday testing positive last night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, danhaw said:

Perfect time to be playing them this is. They've so many injuries/players corona'd up and Jurgen has got the hump. Ok, we have a lot out as well but we look so good atm and have proven players to fill the gaps left by those out

This depends how much of a siege/it’s-us-v-the-world mentality Klopp can drive into his players.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whilst we're benefitting from it, i'll ask the question again, why are we playing needless International friendlies and glorified friendlies, breaking club bubbles and travel restrictions. It's beyond me.

 

The injuries are one thing, the injuries already happened and it sounded like Gomez's was going to happen at any time from what I heard, the increased chances of contracting and/or spreading Corona by playing International football, simply no need.

 

Bearing in mind Kasper's expected to be joining up with Denmark now the travel restrictions are being weived and Vida was took off at half time because they found out he'd tested positive v Turkey, a game in which Under was playing in, we could well lose a couple of players ourself, aswell as the news England played last night against someone who has turned out to be positive - I know we have no players involved in this England set up (thank fuck) yet for some bizarre reason none of them need to isolate is just crazy.

 

Money as simple at that!

Link to post
Share on other sites

From "This is Anfield"........

 

Last season, the Reds beat the Foxes at Anfield courtesy of a super late penalty from James Milner, with the two teams almost ending up in a scuffle at full-time when Ayoze Perez acted a petulant moron and caused a mini riot.

 

Marks, get set, go

Edited by Frank Large's Black Book
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

So we’ll just have to keep an eye on; Alison, Milner, Fabinho, Matip, Robertson, Thiago Silva, Henderson, Keita, Mane, Jota and Firmino then! 👀

 

reckon they’ve probably got enough in reserve to still give us a game 😂

Silva plays for Chelsea 🤔

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Which differences if any? Be interested to see what you think.

I personally think Kasper/Allison is close Castange/Robertson also and possibly Fabinho should get in somewhere.

I think the only change I’d consider in your lineup is Robertson for Castagne, and only because I’ve not seen Timmy play on the left yet 😁 it’s fair to say we’re not far off them now though man for man I think, it’s just the mentality side of it, we expect to lose to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My text message Conversation with Liverpool season ticket holder :-

Him - Scouse news 
salah tested positive for covid and is out of tour game! Plus we don't have 3 of the back 4 and we still have Robertson to come back from celebrating. 

 

Me - 

😂 Don't forget we reached the top with none of our regular back 4, Maddison either out or recovering from injury, and no Ndidi, so your excuses don't wash.
If there was ever a chance for us, this is it! I think I'm looking forward to it more than you.
But still not overconfident at all and can handle losing or even getting tonked. It's a yardstick, but If we did manage the unthinkable, we'll.... Keep dreaming. Dilly ding dilly doing 😱😱😱😱🍻🍻🍻🍻 see you on the other side! 

 

Him - Was a little apprehensive but now I need counselling just saw we are on Sunday night at 7.15 and you know what happened to us when we lasted played a midlands teams at that time  

 

😂😂😂😂😱😱😱😱🤞🤞🤞🤞😎😎😎😎😎😎

 

- tldr - getting excuses in early and shitting it. You've gotta love it. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

They can do this! Not just because of their injuries (we have enough of our own) but mentally we seem stronger. Man City was tough but they trusted Brendan, stuck to the plan and didn't panic which they have done so many times before. Momentum and confidence is high. Madders is also peed off he wasn't called for England so will be hopefully be on a mission to prove that decision wrong. Harvey also!

 

If we win you know it will be poor Liverpool and their huge list of injuries and poor Klopp wasn't allowed 5 subs 🙄😁 Getting his excuses in early 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

So we’ll just have to keep an eye on; Alison, Milner, Fabinho, Matip, Robertson, Thiago Silva, Henderson, Keita, Mane, Jota and Firmino then! 👀

 

reckon they’ve probably got enough in reserve to still give us a game 😂

*Thiago Alcantara

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

So we’ll just have to keep an eye on; Alison, Milner, Fabinho, Matip, Robertson, Thiago Silva, Henderson, Keita, Mane, Jota and Firmino then! 👀

 

reckon they’ve probably got enough in reserve to still give us a game 😂

Nobody says its going to be easy, but that team is beatable and thats why we are getting excited.  Fabinho might even be out so they could be very light at the back. 

 

Lets just hope our boys make it out of the internationals okay. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...