weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

Kasper

Justin Fofana Evans Castagne

Mendy

Under Madders Tielemans Barnes

Vardy

I'd love to take it to them with pace and creativity at their place and get into them but it'll be five at the back probably!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, LestaAl said:

Looking at the fixtures this weekend we might be 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the table by the time kickoff comes round on Sunday evening.

....might relieve the pressure on us if we have moved a couple of slots down.

This.

In some ways I'd prefer not to be going into this with the pressure of being top of the league, Spurs and Villa could both be ahead of us by Sunday evening, an added incentive if ever we needed one.

27 minutes ago, Nick said:

Kasper

Mendy

Vardy

I'd love to take it to them with pace and creativity at their place and get into them but it'll be five at the back probably!

I think he'll start again with 3 centre backs to include Fuchs. Expect Under to miss out for first 60 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, foxinyourbox said:

This.

In some ways I'd prefer not to be going into this with the pressure of being top of the league, Spurs and Villa could both be ahead of us by Sunday evening, an added incentive if ever we needed one.

And Chelsea .....we could be fourth! 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Wrong side?  Would be Barnes and dont under estimate Milner - he is still a superb player and would find a way to deal with either of our wingers (prob not more than twice though ...) 

I don't underestimate him but I'm confident in either Barnes or Cenzig against him in a footrace.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

200.gif

That’s painful listening to that absolute tripe 😂. The guys in the bottom left and right have absolutely no clue what their talking about it’s embarrassing really. Talk to death about Liverpool, slip in 2 minutes about Leicester, and say ‘easy cliche’ comments to try and hide the clear lack of knowledge in any way shape or form of us and basically dismissing everything about Leicester ‘were up there because Brendan is so good’ ‘We have no expectations so go into games as the underdog every time’ seriously I’d rather pour acid into my ears.

3 hours ago, Nick said:

Kasper

Mendy

Vardy

Replace Justin for Ricardo and Ndidi for Mendy and this is the most devastating side Leicester have ever been able to field. Fingers crossed we get to see it this season. 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Bazly said:

The talk has been all about how many injuries Liverpool FC has, it means of course they will only be able to field a squad on the day with a transfer market value of £650,000,000. Really the game should be postponed so they can get to field the full £1,000,000,000 valued squad. Also there has been lots of talk about a tactical fight, we know what it'll be - 5 at the back and 4 in midfield unless Ndidi plays then it'll be the other way around. It'll be Man City by deja vu so hopefully a similar score line. 

Oh, and the other thing we have learned this week is Tielemans is too good to play for a small side like Leicester and that he really needs to sign for one of the two entitled Manchester clubs, either - doesn't matter.

I really hope we stuff Liverpool on Sunday. End their 64 home game record. Then we could get to hear about loads of players who are just too good for Leicester City.

63 currently, according to the Beeb. In fact, equal to their previous best run ended by... us.

Symmetry like that demands that we win.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

They have Robertson at left back and will play either Milner or tsmikas at right back.  If Fabinho plays CB then they only have one inexperienced player in their back four. It’s not ideal but it’s hardly the U10’s ..... 

how many of our first choice back four will start ?

Is Robertson a definite cert? I'm sure I read he could be out and Milner can come in and do a job. I'd say Castange, Fofana and Evans are 3 out of our preferred back 5 and Justin and Fuchs have done a good job in coming in when needed. 

I'm not saying we don't have our injury problems, of course we do and the media are making it seem like it's just Liverpool. However, their line is likely to be as weak as it has been for a number of years. Of course they've got the replacements and squad to cope but take their full backs, Salah and VVD out their team and they lose their xfactor. 

8 hours ago, murphy said:

Technically the Normans were Vikings, or descendants of them, that had settled in what is now Northern France and established the Duchy of Normandy.

Technically no. You’re wrong. There was no single people called Viking or descendants. Viking was actually the term used for raiding, raping and looting. You went Viking and you were a Dane, Norseman, Sweed etc. 

20 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Technically no. You’re wrong. There was no single people called Viking or descendants. Viking was actually the term used for raiding, raping and looting. You went Viking and you were a Dane, Norseman, Sweed etc. 

lol OK. calm down.

Perhaps you're right, perhaps the word viking is a verb. I don't know, I've never heard that before, but I'm right too.  The invading people from Scandinavia were Vikings with a capital V.  Look it up.

I can definitely say there was never a people called 'Sweeds' though  :)

Viking2

Pronunciation /ˈvʌɪkɪŋ/

NOUN

• Any of the Scandinavian seafaring pirates and traders who raided and settled in many parts of north-western Europe in the 8th–11th centuries.

‘We should not forget that the Vikings continued to raid north-west Wales well into the 1130s.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, shailen said:

Is Robertson a definite cert? I'm sure I read he could be out and Milner can come in and do a job. I'd say Castange, Fofana and Evans are 3 out of our preferred back 5 and Justin and Fuchs have done a good job in coming in when needed. 

I'm not saying we don't have our injury problems, of course we do and the media are making it seem like it's just Liverpool. However, their line is likely to be as weak as it has been for a number of years. Of course they've got the replacements and squad to cope but take their full backs, Salah and VVD out their team and they lose their xfactor. 

Yes 

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

lol OK. calm down.

Perhaps you're right, perhaps the word viking is a verb. I don't know, I've never heard that before, but I'm right too.  The invading people from Scandinavia were Vikings with a capital V.  Look it up.

I can definitely say there was never a people called 'Sweeds' though  :)

Viking2

Pronunciation /ˈvʌɪkɪŋ/

NOUN

• Any of the Scandinavian seafaring pirates and traders who raided and settled in many parts of north-western Europe in the 8th–11th centuries.

‘We should not forget that the Vikings continued to raid north-west Wales well into the 1130s.

Lol. I could not think of how to spell Sweds lol  just didn’t look right lol  

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Don’t disagree but would you swap out Evans for Soyuncu?

Bit of a much of a muchness to me as long as Fofana is there!

Both have different strengths. I don't think you could say one is clearly better than the other. Possibly edge towards Evans as Soyuncu and Fofana are quite similar in terms of attacking the ball. 

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Replace Justin for Ricardo and Ndidi for Mendy and this is the most devastating side Leicester have ever been able to field. Fingers crossed we get to see it this season. 

Yep.