I have never seen wilf play as well as hee did today, he stood head and shoulders above every player on the filed of play today, we should tie him down to another contract and make him the best paid player at the club. Okay getting a little carried away but boy he was immense 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not even a question is it?

Wilf wasnt particularly good post injury last season and mendy started this season well which is where this qu probably comes from but at full fitness like today there really is no contest.

Edited by honeybradger
17 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

So tedious

Tedious but very correct and deep down you know it.

Did you watch today? No Mendy no problem. We look like an Elite team.

No Mendy and no Fuchs just as I said and Castange back in. We look absolutely world class from front to back.

Ndidis performance today was absolutely extraordinary. In fact he was so good today, I dont see how we will keep hold of him.

He is on another universe to Mendy and Spurs couldn’t get through.

I have said this since we beat Burnley on our 2nd game, we are a fantastic team when we have our first squad in and today proved everything I’ve been saying for months.

Round pegs in round holes and none of our weak players nullifying the potential of this team.

I was more confident today after seeing Mendy and Fuchs on the sidelines vs Spurs and 2 of the best attackers in world football, than I was vs a Sheffield Utd team who had scored 1 goal from open play all season and it all revolves around the same situation.

Hopefully this puts it to bed now and Rodgers knows.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Wilf wasnt particularly good post injury last season and mendy started this season well which is where this qu probably comes from but at full fitness like today there really is no contest.

No both of those comments are knee jerk myths go don’t see the big picture. Wilf has been and always be on another universe to Mendy.

Wilf will fluctuate between very good and absolute elite.

Mendy will fluctuate between Absolutely awful and merely meh.

Close thread and pretend it was never even mentioned as it’s embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

@Lesterlad it's great when someone claims to read your mind, isn't it?

Be sarcastic and dodge the overall point all you like.

I know it’s hard to swallow your pride but I’m so excited to finally see us not carrying awful passengers so you can turn a blind eye to the truth and try and police the board all you like . We are Leicester super Leicester. Play that team, we will win the league.

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

No both of those comments are knee jerk myths go don’t see the big picture. Wilf has been and always be on another universe to Mendy.

Wilf will fluctuate between very good and absolute elite.

Mendy will fluctuate between Absolutely awful and merely meh.

Close thread and pretend it was never even mentioned as it’s embarrassing.

Be sarcastic and dodge the overall point all you like.

I know it’s hard to swallow your pride but I’m so excited to finally see us not carrying awful passengers so you can turn a blind eye to the truth and try and police the board all you like . We are Leicester super Leicester. Play that team, we will win the league.

Dean - everyone agrees with you that Ndidi is superior. The rest is just you chest beating. Calling a player that represents us and gives his all 'an awful passenger' does nobody any good and makes you sound horrible. I hope you're actually not horrible.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Dean - everyone agrees with you that Ndidi is superior. The rest is just you chest beating. Calling a player that represents us and gives his all 'an awful passenger' does nobody any good and makes you sound horrible. I hope you're actually not horrible.

Everyone agrees with me now but this thread was made so it seems I cottoned on quicker and didn’t hide behind throw away comments that mean nothing ‘Mendy has come in and done well’ which translates to ‘Hes come in and tried his best but isn’t at the level we need’

Its not horrible but honest to just say how I feel that Mendy is a passenger. We don’t get close to winning that game with him in there. If we want to be top 10 and pressing higher we can’t be carrying players.

Harsh as it may sound, it’s the reality.

Ive said so many times that we have the potential to be a top team but he limits us badly and make no mistake we might not EVER get a better squad of players so I don’t want to waste this chance by playing poor players like Mendy. It’s not ‘horrible’ it’s the reality.

Threads being made like this because Wilf is injured is the reason I get so annoyed. It was never a question but people almost turn a blind eye to try and sound different, it shouldn’t take performances like today for people to see the chasm in quality of our team compared to when Mendy is in.

Ill make no more comment on the matter.

Edited by deanolegend1989
3 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Everyone agrees with me now but this thread was made so it seems I cottoned on quicker and didn’t hide behind throw away comments that mean nothing ‘Mendy has come in and done well’ which translates to ‘Hes come in and tried his best but isn’t at the level we need’

Its not horrible but honest to just say how I feel that Mendy is a passenger. We don’t get close to winning that game with him in there. If we want to be top 10 and pressing higher we can’t be carrying players.

Harsh as it may sound, it’s the reality.

Ive said so many times that we have the potential to be a top team but he limits us badly and make no mistake we might not EVER get a better squad of players so I don’t want to waste this chance by playing poor players like Mendy. It’s not ‘horrible’ it’s the reality.

Threads being made like this because Wilf is injured is the reason I get so annoyed. It was never a question but people almost turn a blind eye to try and sound different, it shouldn’t take performances like today for people to see the chasm in quality of our team compared to when Mendy is in.

Ill make no more comment on the matter.

You're absolutely entitled to believe all of that, of course.

Just don't tell us we all agree verbatim, because we simply don't.

• Like 2

Ndidi outstanding dominating and composed today and with Castagne back as well we really looked solid. The likes of Kane, Son and Bale were hardly in the game. Although we knocked 5 past Man City this was a more complete performance IMO

Edited by Edingleyfox
1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

You're absolutely entitled to believe all of that, of course.

Just don't tell us we all agree verbatim, because we simply don't.

That’s totally fine. Your entitled to your opinions but I’m not going to nod along when I disagree strongly.

1 minute ago, Edingleyfox said:

Outstanding dominating and composed today and with Castagne back as well we really looked solid. The likes of Kane, Son and Bale were hardly in the game. Although we knocked 5 past Man City this was a more complete performance IMO

Agreed. This was a performance of a top team. The Man City was a good result but were fortunate in a few ways. City didn’t have Diaz, Laporte, Aguero and Jesus and Fernandinho bizarrely taken off at 1-1.

Today we bossed the entire game against a full strength side that were unlucky not to win at Anfield.

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

That’s totally fine. Your entitled to your opinions but I’m not going to nod along when I disagree strongly.

I don't think anyone is asking you to nod along with anything - perhaps just stop with insisting how right you are (or more to the point how wrong anyone who disagrees is - and take it from me, if you keep insisting eventually a ban arrives, however right you might think you are) and perhaps find a more respectful way of describing players you think are less than the standard you hope for. Fair?

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't think anyone is asking you to nod along with anything - perhaps just stop with insisting how right you are (or more to the point how wrong anyone who disagrees is - and take it from me, if you keep insisting eventually a ban arrives, however right you might think you are) and perhaps find a more respectful way of describing players you think are less than the standard you hope for. Fair?

It’s a forum. I’m allowed to call people out if I think they are wrong, that’s exactly what people have done back to me, so I’ve done no different to others.

I’ve not insulted anyone once. In fact, I’ve been called ‘idiot’ and ‘obnoxious moron’ which is far more insulting and ignorant than me disagreeing with an opinion without insulting someone.

Id think bans would be more for verbally insulting people than arguing an opinion about a club we all love?

Ill agree with you on the last bit though, however I don’t think saying Mendy is not on the level we want to be at and he’s a passenger is more just what I believe about his ability rather than a personal attack on Mendy.

I don’t dislike the man as a person but I just don’t think he’s good enough for us if we are looking to attack the top 6, which I believe has been shown consistently and I believe I’m allowed to express that opinion on a Leicester city forum.

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

It’s a forum. I’m allowed to call people out if I think they are wrong, that’s exactly what people have done back to me, so I’ve done no different to others.

I’ve not insulted anyone once. In fact, I’ve been called ‘idiot’ and ‘obnoxious moron’ which is far more insulting and ignorant than me disagreeing with an opinion without insulting someone.

Id think bans would be more for verbally insulting people than arguing an opinion about a club we all love?

Ill agree with you on the last bit though, however I don’t think saying Mendy is not on the level we want to be at and he’s a passenger is more just what I believe about his ability rather than a personal attack on Mendy.

I don’t dislike the man as a person but I just don’t think he’s good enough for us if we are looking to attack the top 6, which I believe has been shown consistently and I believe I’m allowed to express that opinion on a Leicester city forum.

And again, nobody is trying to deny that to you. I'm trying to be fair to you and communicate that you're sending signals out that are perhaps not your intention - that is, I'm trying to gently share my own experiences with you rather than beat you about the head with them.

You remember you said that some people can never admit they're wrong? You don't budge an inch.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Just out of interest, what do you think we've been doing all this time he's been filling in if not exactly that?

11 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Just out of interest, what do you think we've been doing all this time he's been filling in if not exactly that?

We’ve been doing ok because it’s a team game and our first 11 is as good as we’ve ever had in our entire history. Of course we’re going to be minimum around the top 6 even with weak links when we have that spine. Ndidi Tielemens Vardy Fofana Evans Castange etc. Incredible talent.

Our team as a whole are as good as anything in this league, we’re that good. We would be top of the league if we had our 11 all season, I genuinely believe that.

We wouldn’t of lost 4 home games vs weaker teams with a whimper.

Yes he’s filled in but we could of used Praet there more often with Youri and even Hamza is better than Mendy in my opinion.

I get it, people think Mendys covered us well but I disagree. Going round in circles, I’ll agree to disagree.

Id rather just enjoy that performance today because we were a joy to watch. Wilf Justin and Castange especially I just loved watching and ive been so excited about our potential all season when we get our top players back.

43 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

And again, nobody is trying to deny that to you. I'm trying to be fair to you and communicate that you're sending signals out that are perhaps not your intention - that is, I'm trying to gently share my own experiences with you rather than beat you about the head with them.

You remember you said that some people can never admit they're wrong? You don't budge an inch.

that’s fair enough then, best to just agree to disagree regarding the Mendy situation. I’ve not insulted you or anyone else on this site by verbally attacking anyone , just strongly make my points about on what I believe on the field.

End of the day I just want the best for my club I’ve supported all my life and especially at this critical point, when our best striker hasn’t got long left and we have such world class talent that could be plucked off by anyone at any given time.

I hope I’m wrong but always scared that a club our size cant hold onto such a great core so I just don’t want to waste this potential of us doing something very good regarding CL revenue / trophy cabinets as we won’t often have a better chance.

So I don’t want us throwing it away by playing players I don’t think are good enough.

I admit I’m wrong when I believe I am, I said when Harry Kane was with us that he’s awful and he’ll never make it at Spurs by the way. I’m wrong.

I don’t believe I’m wrong about this so I won’t budge on this but I do when I believe I am wrong.
Let’s just agree to disagree and enjoy that fantastic performance today(that I’m sure we can agree on).

4 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

We’ve been doing ok because it’s a team game and our first 11 is as good as we’ve ever had in our entire history. Of course we’re going to be minimum around the top 6 even with weak links when we have that spine. Ndidi Tielemens Vardy Fofana Evans Castange etc. Incredible talent.

Our team as a whole are as good as anything in this league, we’re that good. We would be top of the league if we had our 11 all season, I genuinely believe that.

We wouldn’t of lost 4 home games vs weaker teams with a whimper.

Yes he’s filled in but we could of used Praet there more often with Youri and even Hamza is better than Mendy in my opinion.

I get it, people think Mendys covered us well but I disagree. Going round in circles, I’ll agree to disagree.

Id rather just enjoy that performance today because we were a joy to watch. Wilf Justin and Castange especially I just loved watching and ive been so excited about our potential all season when we get our top players back.

that’s fair enough then, best to just agree to disagree regarding the Mendy situation. I’ve not insulted you or anyone else on this site by verbally attacking anyone , just strongly make my points about on what I believe on the field.

End of the day I just want the best for my club I’ve supported all my life and especially at this critical point, when our best striker hasn’t got long left and we have such world class talent that could be plucked off by anyone at any given time.

I hope I’m wrong but always scared that a club our size cant hold onto such a great core so I just don’t want to waste this potential of us doing something very good regarding CL revenue / trophy cabinets as we won’t often have a better chance.

So I don’t want us throwing it away by playing players I don’t think are good enough.

I admit I’m wrong when I believe I am, I said when Harry Kane was with us that he’s awful and he’ll never make it at Spurs by the way. I’m wrong.

I don’t believe I’m wrong about this so I won’t budge on this but I do when I believe I am wrong.
Let’s just agree to disagree and enjoy that fantastic performance today(that I’m sure we can agree on).

Yep.