Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Don't hate Pearson; I just form my own views as opposed to jumping on to other people's narratives.

 

You're free to worship him just as I refuse to.

 

 

Rep point for that

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

It was never a fair contest.

 

Now he's been banned at least some of the other dullards can battle it out for top spot!

 

(and yeah, I have an excuse for everything)

Here's an idea for boosting your rep count, try giving some out first :D

 

You've been a member on here for 15 years and only repped 150 posts in all that time you tight git lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The People's Hero said:

Has this been the secret all along?

 

Next you'll be telling me that Kitchen Nightmares USA is dramatised for effect?
 

I feel like I've had a naughty look behind the curtain.

The 'givers gain' rep tactic has served many well over the years on here I think.

 

I post mainly shit but I'm extremely generous when giving rep points out and people tend to reciprocate. It's a very British thing  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Izzy said:

The 'givers gain' rep tactic has served many well over the years on here I think.

 

I post mainly shit but I'm extremely generous when giving rep points out and people tend to reciprocate. It's a very British thing  

I've always thought you reputable, perhaps even reputable above all else, so it would only be right for me to leave a rep point on your post.

 

Yours with Reps,

 

TPH

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Watched the video of him performing that with Joan Baez as part of the Rolling Thunder Revue recently. Or at least I assume that's where it was coming. Excellent.

 

Is that Netflix thing on the subject any good, by the way?

 

 

It’s not quite No Direction Home level but still pretty good. As @The People's Hero says, part of the fun is attempting to work out how much is bollocks and how much real.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

It’s not quite No Direction Home level but still pretty good. As @The People's Hero says, part of the fun is attempting to work out how much is bollocks and how much real.

Will definitely be checking it out soon. 

 

Its not like I have anything else to do!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

This whole thread served me right because I didn't win the day. I was 5 or 6 rep points ahead when I fell asleep on the sofa as well!

I gave @AjcW three rep points late last night for posts I didn’t even read because you hate Pearson.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

My wife said I'd like it because its about chess. Its not really about chess though is it? Its some kind of coming of age type drama I think. I didn't last long.

Watched it and found it passable. Read an interview with someone who worked on it - theme is supposed to be translated and narrated through the clothing. Might explain why I didn't get much out of it. Much prefer character development through narrative and dialogue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2020 at 20:29, The People's Hero said:

Don't hate Pearson; I just form my own views as opposed to jumping on to other people's narratives.

 

You're free to worship him just as I refuse to.

 

 

 

12 hours ago, Mark_w said:

I gave @AjcW three rep points late last night for posts I didn’t even read because you hate Pearson.

 

Found the guy who can't read.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2020 at 20:09, Strokes said:

I’m about to watch the queens Gambit with the wife, no doubt it will be shit.

My mate recommended this to me the other day? Chess playing prostitute? He said it’s nicely shot...

 

Let me know if it’s any good.

 

My Mrs wants to start watching the Crown too and I’m frightened. It sounds like everything I loathe on an endless screen of series.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nick said:

My mate recommended this to me the other day? Chess playing prostitute? He said it’s nicely shot...

 

Let me know if it’s any good.

 

My Mrs wants to start watching the Crown too and I’m frightened. It sounds like everything I loathe on an endless screen of series.

We are 3 episodes in and I’ve not seen prostitution yet but it’s actually quite good. I think you will like it.
I’ve not watched the crown either, it really isn’t my cup of tea.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...