Hi, is it possible to ask why the religion thread was deleted?

I respect that the forum owners have every right to delete a thread for whatever reason but it would help me understand what content is permissible on the site and then perhaps tailor a discussion that complies with these unwritten rules. 

thanks

5 hours ago, Benguin said:

Hi, is it possible to ask why the religion thread was deleted?

I respect that the forum owners have every right to delete a thread for whatever reason but it would help me understand what content is permissible on the site and then perhaps tailor a discussion that complies with these unwritten rules. 

thanks

Just move it back to the Coronavirus thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's actually amazing how some posters will go out of their way to get threads deleted because they don't like the topic. They could've just ignored it but I guess seeing other posters were actually asking honest questions and looking for truth got on their nerves. 

Ben was actually answering multiple people alone and was IMO, respectful. (I would've posted on that thread if I wasn't Banned from GC). Whilst I disagree with his religious views and some of his answers (like what makes God great) (I am a Muslim), we both agree that the creation has a Creator. That's just common sense. Now it just comes down to which religion is the right one. Which one has the best evidence. For me, being a Muslim isn't just a spiritual choice, but also an intellectual choice. From the scripture preservation, to Miracles and prophecies, to the Character of prophet Muhammad pbuh. Islam makes sense. Worship one God, the Creator of creation and pray only to him. No middleman to deliver your prayers to him. or others forgiving your sins because he's the the most merciful, exalted in might. That's a pure and  direct relationship between the Creator and his creation.

My advice to anyone reading this is to search Islam from the right sources. Allah gave us free will so that everyone answers for his actions and beliefs. The door to Islam is open as long as we are still alive.

May Allah guides us all to the right path.

Edited by the fox
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, the fox said:

It's actually amazing how some posters will go out of their way to get threads deleted because they don't like the topic. They could've just ignored it but I guess seeing other posters were actually asking honest questions and looking for truth got on their nerves. 

Ben was actually answering multiple people alone and was IMO, respectful. (I would've posted on that thread if I wasn't Banned from GC). Whilst I disagree with his religious views and some of his answers (like what makes God great) (I am a Muslim), we both agree that the creation has a Creator. That's just common sense. Now it just comes down to which religion is the right one. Which one has the best evidence. For me, being a Muslim isn't just a spiritual choice, but also an intellectual choice. From the scripture preservation, to Miracles and prophecies, to the Character of prophet Muhammad pbuh. Islam makes sense. Worship one God, the Creator of creation and pray only to him. No middleman to deliver your prayers to him. or others forgiving your sins because he's the the most merciful, exalted in might. That's a pure and  direct relationship between the Creator and his creation.

My advice to anyone reading this is to search Islam from the right sources. Allah gave us free will so that everyone answers for his actions and beliefs. The door to Islam is open as long as we are still alive.

I understand the creator bit Foxy but out of interest who created the creator ..  and I’m not being flippant ..  just wondered if you have an answer .. 

18 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I understand the creator bit Foxy but out of interest who created the creator ..  and I’m not being flippant ..  just wondered if you have an answer .. 

Don’t want to break rules and since there is no answer from the forum on this matter, I am unsure what they are. I’ll pm you my thoughts on this because it’s a great question. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I do. Thanks for asking CF. I will answer as best as I could and hopefully the mods can let this post stay in here.

Causality is believing that one thing causes another thing to happen and so on. But the problem is, if we ask (for the sake of argument), "who caused the creator?", let us say that it was caused by creator -1. Than the question becomes, " who caused creator -1", and again for the sake of argument, we answer "creator -2" than the question become who caused "creator -2" and so on. It's an unsolvable problem called infinite regression. If we have a chain of events going back infinitely, we will never have a present because there is no an uncaused cause that starts the chain reaction. There's a simple example for it I saw on the internet.

Imagine an officer holding a sniper, said officer can't take the shot without the permission of his superior officer, and his superior officer can't greenlight the shot without the permission of HIS superior officer and so on. The shot will never be taken if every officer is waiting for his superior officer to call the shot. And if the chain of command is going on infinitely, there will never be a call for the shot to be taken. So what is required is an officer who doesn't need permission and he is the ultimate authority. His call will go down the chain and the shot will be taken.

"Our existence is an undisputed proof for the existence of the Creator" has a clear meaning when explained the right way

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, the fox said:

Appreciate your views on this. Obviously we have differing views on who God is but it’s healthy and right to discuss it (with respect and decorum)

If the moderators agree to reopen the thread, I’d love to engage more with you on this topic but for now we must respect the site owners decision. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Benguin said:

Appreciate your views on this. Obviously we have differing views on who God is but it’s healthy and right to discuss it (with respect and decorum)

If the moderators agree to reopen the thread, I’d love to engage more with you on this topic but for now we must respect the site owners decision. 

I'm always open to a healthy discussion. 

I hope the thread is reopened and my ban from posting in the GC is lifted even if it means I'm just allowed to post on the religion thread. People deserve to ask questions and get answers back.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Benguin said:

Don’t want to break rules and since there is no answer from the forum on this matter, I am unsure what they are. I’ll pm you my thoughts on this because it’s a great question. 

5 hours ago, the fox said:

I do. Thanks for asking CF. I will answer as best as I could and hopefully the mods can let this post stay in here.

Causality is believing that one thing causes another thing to happen and so on. But the problem is, if we ask (for the sake of argument), "who caused the creator?", let us say that it was caused by creator -1. Than the question becomes, " who caused creator -1", and again for the sake of argument, we answer "creator -2" than the question become who caused "creator -2" and so on. It's an unsolvable problem called infinite regression. If we have a chain of events going back infinitely, we will never have a present because there is no an uncaused cause that starts the chain reaction. There's a simple example for it I saw on the internet.

Imagine an officer holding a sniper, said officer can't take the shot without the permission of his superior officer, and his superior officer can't greenlight the shot without the permission of HIS superior officer and so on. The shot will never be taken if every officer is waiting for his superior officer to call the shot. And if the chain of command is going on infinitely, there will never be a call for the shot to be taken. So what is required is an officer who doesn't need permission and he is the ultimate authority. His call will go down the chain and the shot will be taken.

"Our existence is an undisputed proof for the existence of the Creator" has a clear meaning when explained the right way

Thanks for the answers you pair ..  will get back to you when I get 5 minutes to read them properly ...  including your pm Benguin ..  :thumbup:

On 19/11/2020 at 12:51, Benguin said:

On 19/11/2020 at 12:55, the fox said:

Well I’ve read them !! ...  several times ...   and I’ve got be honest ..   I still don’t get it.   Tbh even the Big Bang 40 million years ago is enough to put my head in a tail spin ...   although it does seem the most likely candidate for how it all started ...   but before that ...  anyone’s guess.   :thumbup: